Screenshot Mega Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have that much of a problem with it. I kinda ignored their path and instructions. They have you come down to low I think.

Sir Arvondor said:
He (Kevlar) also landed the wrong ****ing way.  :razz: Seriously, that's one ***** of a mission, tutorial or no. And that (in the screenshot) is how I "completed" it, too. (Just minus the landing the wrong way part. :wink:)

Was much faster that way. Going through the rings takes like 2 minutes alone :/

Kevlar said:
aces2013-02-2622-39-12-84_zps7ec4d4b0.png

For some reason that screen reminded me of the landing in Hot Shots. Cannot for the life of me think why that is though...

Battle at the centre of the galaxy between the Nast'l'a, and mainly the Izla, and maybe some other yellow empire.

The seemingly homogeneous Yellow in the galactic north is actually made up of 3 empires. The base game just doesn't have enough colours for all the sides so I had to make do. I'm not sure whether they fight with themselves, as I couldn't really tell with all the yellow on yellow action.
ScreenShot0045.png

ScreenShot0046.png

ScreenShot0047.png

ScreenShot0058.png

[Break down of the fleets/ Early Mid game]

The Izla came with a mishmash of ships. Some ranging in the shown 148 size to early game cruisers at size 30. The Izla have a healthy number of small-mid sized ships, hailing only a few capitals like the one highlighted in the screen shot.
ScreenShot0048.png
ScreenShot0049.png

The Nast'l'a's battle fleet, compared with the "combined arms" approach of the Izla and their varied ship sizes, stands in uniform. Partly due to their technological advantage and incredible manufacturing capabilities (Hardest AI who has the cheat option enabled for it. No idea how it go pigeon holed against a Hard AI) put out a technologically advanced fleet, trading speciality for the streamlined production of one model, bringing forth a huge advantage in sheer numbers.
All ships in the Nast'l'a fleet are the same as the one highlighted in the screen shot.
ScreenShot0051.png

ScreenShot0075.png

ScreenShot0074.png

ScreenShot0076.png

ScreenShot0077.png

I didn't get to see most of the fight (those are from 2-3 hours later), because I was elsewhere in my empire trying to increase production against the cheating AIs, so here's a mashup of combat screenies from around the galaxy, and my general drive toward the south to counter the Izla, Vuman, kv'til yellow alliance before they break through the Nast'l'a and become my neighbors.

ScreenShot0052.png

ScreenShot0053.png

Dem Volleys
ScreenShot0054.png

ScreenShot0055.png

ScreenShot0056.png

ScreenShot0057.png

ScreenShot0062.png

ScreenShot0061.png

ScreenShot0063.png

ScreenShot0064.png

ScreenShot0066.png

ScreenShot0069.png

ScreenShot0065.png

ScreenShot0068.png

ScreenShot0071.png

The Nast'l'a won that too by the way.

I have to hand it to the Nast'l'a. Even though it's on the hardest setting and allowed to cheat. Taking on the whole of the galactic north and beating them back with less than a dozen systems is pretty impressive. They were however, finally driven out of the galactic centre by the sheer industry of the galactic north, coupled with their catching up in tech. This can be seen as the ring around the galactic core turns from the orange of the Nast'l'a in previous screenshots, to the Vumal's yellow.
ScreenShot0073.png

The Ragged Nast'l'a fleet tries to take on the newly fabricated ships from both Izla, and Vumal in the galactic core. This battle would mark the end of their 2+ hours control over the galactic core (and whatever dubious strategic value that has), and the decline of their empire in the face of the collective might of the northern empires.
ScreenShot0079.png

And just to be clear.
ScreenShot0083-2.png

It took those ~50 yellow systems- 3 empires- 2+ hours to subdue those 8-9 orange systems push their battle damage fleet out of the galactic core.

The galaxy can be roughly divided into four quarters, generally as if divided by an X. The blue in the west, yellow in the north, the violet in the south, and the boondock backwaters in the East.
The blue is all me in the West. Previously, due to the lack of enough colours, I had to share the region now painted in bright cerulean with the now defunct speciesI'veforgottenthenameof.
The galactic north, though not quite unified, mostly belongs to the Vumal and the Kv'til. The loose cluster of stars in the south, pale in comparison to the highly populated north. Filled with far more stars than any other region in the galaxy, this hotbed of industry threatens all.
To the south spans the Qumon empire. It doesn't have much interaction with much of the rest of the galaxy, and was the prime target at that point of my game. In order to secure existence against the booming Vumal and Kv'til empires I would require resources, and research planets far in excess of what is currently blue in the pic. But even if I were to capture the entirety of the Qumon, the galactic north with its density of systems would still outnumber me, and in all likelihood be far more developed than the still-burning, recently-glassed, and barren planets that I would fold into my state.
Of particular note in the south however are 2 very special remnant systems, the remnant gate arrays, and the imperial seat of the remnants.
Last and certainly least, is the eastern section. The Eloren and the Antaron inhabit this fractured and low system density region. Nothing ever amounted to much here, probably because there's nothing TO amount to in this sparsely populated region. Due to the low system count, the two vying powers in this region have never quite gotten past fighting themselves and moving on to other greater aims of empire. In terms of star density, it is much like the west, huge gaps of empty space cleave up between small cluster of stars. This is compounded by the unusually high remnant presence in the systems of this area. The difference being is that the Bagels, under my stewardship, actually carry somewhat of a galactic presence.
ScreenShot0083.png

ScreenShot0084.png

ScreenShot0085.png

Incoming automated system-wide genocide.
ScreenShot0087.png

ScreenShot0089.png

Swadius 2.0 said:
Battle at the centre of the galaxy between the Nast'l'a, and mainly the Izla, and maybe some other yellow empire.(Pitchers and stuff.)
Like, the Chinese?  In SPAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEE!  :lol:

aces2013-02-2718-04-39-50_zps946a0896.png

mpc-hc2013-02-2717-43-50-37_zps5d01c3e9.png

mpc-hc2013-02-2717-44-52-50_zpsb53ff4e3.png

mpc-hc2013-02-2717-45-19-21_zpseaa92c46.png

Last three of these look like **** lol, recorded the game then grabbed stills :/

I'm getting good at landings now....

aces2013-02-2718-37-06-15_zps828c386b.png

aces2013-02-2718-46-56-70_zps0db2bd1f.png

aces2013-02-2718-47-16-79_zpseb3a7205.png

aces2013-02-2718-47-25-88_zpsd8587e4f.png

Tralfaz said:
Swadius 2.0 said:
Battle at the centre of the galaxy between the Nast'l'a, and mainly the Izla, and maybe some other yellow empire.(Pitchers and stuff.)
Like, the Chinese?  In SPAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEE!  :lol:

ScreenShot0067.png

The Push Southward

The gap between systems are so wide apart, I had to adopt a island hopping jump along chains of systems. The jump drive, now standard in all my military ships (and not just the behemoths anymore), made this a much faster task than the previous push to the center from the far western homesystems.
ScreenShot0091.png

ScreenShot0092.png

ScreenShot0093.png

ScreenShot0094.png

ScreenShot0095.png

ScreenShot0096.png

ScreenShot0097.png

ScreenShot0098.png

ScreenShot0099.png

ScreenShot0100.png
A good demonstration of density being a very important factor in combat. The tighter your formations, the more guns you can train on the enemy who come into the range. This is compounded by the usage of artillery on stations that deal a lot of damage and is AoE, but those are few and far between, thankfully.

Since the Antaron's are losing and the (seemingly up to tech fleet) Qumon will be attacking my newly acquired systems I decided to send in my size-500 3+ hour dated behemoth in a suicidal run at them. Very large ships are indicated with a ribbon sort of thing, with two diamonds on the left and right. There are 2 of them in the next pic.
ScreenShot0101.png

ScreenShot0102.png

ScreenShot0103.png

ScreenShot0104.png

ScreenShot0105.png

Despite being 6 times the size of the ships the behemoth was facing, it was built in an era where the tech had been 1/4 of what it was at that moment. The new Qumon fleet, despite not being as technologically advanced as I am, had ships that were sized 1/6 of the behemoth, but 1/5 of the health. HP is a good indicator of a empire's tech levels in conjunction with their ship sizes.

My long lances took good care of them though...
Gotta nerf the targeting sensors in my next game.
ScreenShot0106.png

ScreenShot0107.png

ScreenShot0108.png

ScreenShot0109.png

ScreenShot0110.png

ScreenShot0112.png

This one will be 15x the size of the previous one, and this time it will have up to date tech. I will create the most powerful ship in the galaxy, capable of annihilating planets, if not suns, if I so choose to design them in such a way.
ScreenShot0111.png

ScreenShot0113.png

ScreenShot0114.png

ScreenShot0115.png

ScreenShot0116.png

ScreenShot0117.png

Really need to nerf those targeting sensors or give the AI some designs with them.

ScreenShot0118.png

And I totally forgot to put in the jump drive :neutral:.

Retrofitting...
ScreenShot0120.png

ScreenShot0119.png

Roughly technologically up to par, as well as more numerous...

ScreenShot0121.png

Ranked 1 in terms of colonies, though this is due to the north not actually being under 1 unified rule.

wqfhJLp.jpg

af9XP6S.jpg

OP4MY2t.jpg

cOvcK5W.jpg

ey1hqxc.jpg

dcGohRi.jpg

qRCvDNd.jpg

egn00aY.jpg

t1QRkLV.jpg

JKZZSfU.jpg

War Thunder

Amazing mountains!
rSi34kL.jpg

Fully modeled cockpit view!
tcPFRoA.jpg

Eat lead!
qTfcBAV.jpg

More lead!
N3TQTe7.jpg

Weather effects!
Su4IBB2.jpg

Tis but a flesh wound!
Q7ZfYFF.jpg

Landed just fine and I still took out another enemy on my way back to base to repair.
hqZTIaz.jpg

The Eastern Push
ScreenShot0048_2.png

• 10 size 125 laser batteries with advanced targeting sensors. 2 close in laser batteries as 250 size each. All capable of independent targets with a 6 sec cool down. 6 million in damage alpha strike per burst each, close-in capable of 8 mill.
  • Jump drive capable of leaping from one end of the galaxy to the other under 7 seconds (7 days) of charge.
  • Repair module capable of mending the armor faster than any known fleet can harm it.
  • More layers of ablative and reactive armor (in alternating succession) than an onion! 914 million hp!
  • A continent sized capacitator.
  • An AM generator that can power a fleet of moon sized ships.
  • An Ion Engine powerful enough to push a planet.
  • One Bussard scoop so big its own orbit is utilized in the collection of fuel.
  • And crewed by just under 94 thousand

Its conception (I remembered to put in the jump drive this time!)
ScreenShot0046.png

ScreenShot0048.png

ScreenShot0049.png

The scourging of the CALTO. The first enemy of our people.
ScreenShot0050.png

ScreenShot0051.png

The founder of the Eastern Crusade. Laying the first beam into the enemy.
ScreenShot0047.png

Running down the last of the PaleoEmpire.
ScreenShot0062.png

ScreenShot0063.png

ScreenShot0052.png

OMG! Who is shooting them?!?

ScreenShot0053.png

ScreenShot0056.png

ScreenShot0057.png

Step 1) Build Super Fleet
Step 2) Have them jump to an enemy system
Step 3) Get blinded by the beams
Step 4) ???
Step 5) Thsnk gid I kniw my qwerty by hesrt.

(Eloren)
ScreenShot0054.png

ScreenShot0055.png

Streams of yellow had been sighted all along the east/north border, several strategic holds in the east had already fallen to the northern powers before, and during, the Eastern Crusade.
ScreenShot0058.png

ScreenShot0060.png

Now with 50% more batteries, 12% less speed, and twice the size!
ScreenShot0064.png

ScreenShot0045.png

ScreenShot0061.png

ScreenShot0065.png

*gulp*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom