say cheese

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arvenski said:
Seriously, stop being such an easily-offended, self-righteous douche all the time. :???: 

No offence.

Duuuude, chill. Everytime I see you posting you're *****ing about someone. Go smoke some weed or something.

Eктωρ said:
Duuuude, chill. Everytime I see you posting you're *****ing about someone. Go smoke some weed or something.

Evertime I see you, you have to mention drugs. Get a hobbie druggie!

And like that I do believe the forum *****ing circle is complete.

I generally hold that a hobby is something that results in tangible gains or improves your skills at said hobby. Not saying smoking weed is bad, just that I don't think it fits within the definition of hobby.

What a strange definition of hobby. Pretty much a wrong one.

Pretty sure playing Dungeons and Dragons or Football do not provide tangible gains.

Austupaio said:
What a strange definition of hobby. Pretty much a wrong one.

Pretty sure playing Dungeons and Dragons or Football do not provide tangible gains.
D&D improves improvisational, creative writing and numbers skills. Playing football has general health benefits, improves coordination and motor skills, teamwork, leadership etc. And those were all just the benefits that popped into my mind within the first three seconds after reading your post.

2. real or actual, rather than imaginary or visionary: the tangible benefits of sunshine.
3. definite; not vague or elusive: no tangible grounds for suspicion.

I went with those two definitions, but I did look them up, being only slightly familiar with the word, so I'm not really sure on it yet. I had my mind on video games when I gave it, and my thought process was, "Shoot enough guys/kill enough dragons/sex up enough sorceresses and you get to see the game progress, which isn't an imaginary thing. Though, in retrospect, I do see how it could be argued that it is an imaginary sense of progression, as you gain nothing real from it, in a strictly direct sense.

Edit: I did also say that actively improving what you're doing as a hobby could constitute a hobby. I don't know if there are that many ways to improve on smoking something once you get it down right.

Oh, you can't possibly be saying that because you get slightly better at placing headshots, that playing Call of Duty is a more significant or valuable hobby than smoking pot? :roll:

If you were talking about a technical or mechanical hobby, I might give you some leniency, but you're actually saying that playing video games is a constructive hobby.

@Fishy
A hobby doesn't have to improve anything. It's definition is "an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure". Aust was right the first time. Your definition of a hobby is all wrong.

Austupaio said:
Oh, you can't possibly be saying that because you get slightly better at placing headshots, that playing Call of Duty is a more significant or valuable hobby than smoking pot? :roll:

If you were talking about a technical or mechanical hobby, I might give you some leniency, but you're actually saying that playing video games is a constructive hobby.

I didn't mean that. I meant, like, a singleplayer game where you do X, and the story proceeds.

RoboSenshi said:
@Fishy
A hobby doesn't have to improve anything. It's definition is "an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure". Aust was right the first time. Your definition of a hobby is all wrong.

But, yea, I concede I was mistaken.

Still not sure why killing 20 henchmen to complete a quest in an RPG is more meaningful than improving your headshot frequency or smoking pot. :razz:

Holy ****....
What just happened??
Did we just reason together and avoid a 10 page argument back and forth about bull****? and it was kept to a handful of posts too!

High five for forum maturity everyone! :grin:
Especially you Fishy. You get a cookie.

Holy ****, you guys :lol:

RoboSenshi said:
Be honest. You're high right now aren't you?

Definitely not. To be honest, I don't honestly remember the last time I smoked weed. Probably more than a month, some of my friend were smoking last time I went out with them but I didn't really feel like it.

RoboSenshi said:
@Fishy
By that definition fapping could also be a hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom