Rome at War: Media

Users who are viewing this thread

I found something from the old archives of the Athenai.
5148A696197639AF4E1A17CF33AC74EFC576DDBA
It is yet again proof of the ancient Roman tactic of blob

No screenshots in quite a while?
Well, here's a more peaceful one from 2.5:

eUVgK.jpg

A rainy night in Mediolanum with not a cloud in the sky (?)

Well, so much for the Etruscans. We (Gallia) have been constantly defeating them:

oKy-T.jpg
Jr_tL.jpg

Although now the Romans decided they need to start fighting us, guess they're still butthurt because of what the Gauls did in 390 (or 387) BC...

Romans got rekt, rebooted a campaign with the Etruscans and we've been rolling between fighting the Romans and the Celts while helping the Samnites. Then we made peace with the Celts, Samnites got butthurt and declared war on us, with their castles weakened by Roman invasion I've taken action and captured two castles which I got our glorious Zilath Mexl Rasnal to let me keep them. Thankfully the celts have been tanking most of the Roman armies while I garrisoned the fiefs, the good thing is due to their proximity I can take the garrison from one fief to the other when threatened by the now weak Samnites, raising my garrison to ~800 troops which they know they can't take on.
Since it's the pics thread, here they are:
MSMG7.jpg
EstRp.jpg
1HpXL.jpg
DuP8w.jpg

My ever growing army (with a bunch of mercs to quickly fill my fiefs until I can get Etruscan troops) and my fiefs, Larinum and Luceria.

My character, Antisthenes a greek hoplite who became famous among the armies of the athenian king during the war against Makedon as a sergeant...

E1076B7818E0AA12B298E9801C93D865317049BF

Then as a bodyguard...

4970A4BDD588B187462013DF51EC4A0A6E482AE1

And then, after a defeat in battle he fled in Italia, starts as ****ing-boss-mercenary captain first for the Samnites against the Romans and then for the Etruscans against the Celt.

F6044522F4A8F782E5CE9120A9AB09A048D25436

Germanic Celt said:
In my boredom I customised the Gallic Cloaked Hamata to make it look more colourful. Looks alright in my opinion:
oEwYH.jpg
That's nice but there might be some better cloaks soon™

Heinrik von Waiblingen said:
My character, Antisthenes a greek hoplite who became famous among the armies of the athenian king during the war against Makedon as a sergeant...
Quite the extensive curriculum he has, too bad he ran out of places to fight but that might not be fixed that soon™.

Seek n Destroy said:
Germanic Celt said:
In my boredom I customised the Gallic Cloaked Hamata to make it look more colourful. Looks alright in my opinion:
oEwYH.jpg
That's nice but there might be some better cloaks soon™

Thanks, and that sounds good. Since I usually play as either Gallia or Koinon Hellenon, I customised the only Gallic armour which is in a similar range to the elite armours like the thoorax. It's good as a temporary armour for now, but obviously it'd be nicer to see some of those beautiful RaW-made armours.

Sooo, I was having a major skirmish with some Illyrioi bandits, it was more of a small battle, really, because my company was fighting with a Strategos on our side and there were 3 Illyrioi parties joined, so it was awesome. Also, it was over the battle map with the deep ravine, which is really great for defence(and these bandits figured it out). It was a pretty bloody battle, the skirmishers were out relatively quick, but the Paraktioi bandits were a pain in the ass, especially inside the ravine where they were holed up. But one thing was so funny, that I couldn't leave it like that:
38263161BB49C8CE42FE535DCECBE9BEE5E9E16E
8009D9E9B6E419CE926CFA8D472252EB3459DF08

:lol:
The battle was actually a Pyrrhic victory for us, the location combined with the Illyrioi hoplites and Paraktioi was disastrous for our light cavalry and surprisingly, the hoplites. They got chopped down pretty badly.

You seem to have triggered a massive economical crisis in the Greek world forcing the Strategos to sell his armor to afford paying his troops. Meanwhile in my game:
GbFzj.jpg
Joke aside that was the first thing I fixed for the next update, I forgot to scale the heroes stats to the new armor stats. Now for a small tip, you can retreat with no penalties at the start of battles before reaching the enemy in order to "pick" a more advantageous battlefield to fight on.

:lol:

Nice and thanks for the tip. I always do tactical retreats with my Macedonian Strategos and my Roman centurio play-throughs, but never with the Greek or Gaul. Matter of principle. If I find a good battle tomorrow, I'll upload some interesting screens. Otherwise, I haven't acquired any towns, so the campaign map is pretty much what it was, nothing much has changed. But I must say, I had to enjoy a mod so much from the days of The third coalition for the vanilla Mount and Blade. You guys made something awesome, I hope you continue for the single player as with the multi-player.  :smile:

Will you add more scenes in the next update? Just asking because every time I play as greek I feel like fighting everytime in Germany or northern France with that humid atmosphere and with all these kind of trees that no one of us can see in the Mediterranean Sea.

Aaaaand... Dont want to be boring or captious, but... How much time will pass untill the next update? It's since the last year that I wait for something new and I check every week the forum. :-\
I really hope in a very huge update sooooon, after all this time! Just asking, it's not a flame and pls dont stab me for this :sad: I really love your mod!

There are a few new scenes already like:
Seek n Destroy said:
New (wip) scene for Ravenna:
zk_wT.jpg
viczy.jpg
8bJoJ.jpg
Cq_wB.jpg
plCd7.jpg
x3l09.jpg
PUzoE.jpg
Yz4Gi.jpg
But I kinda got burned out fast and I'll get back on it soon. I'll probably take some flora from the CWtE OSP like olive and cypress trees to make some more convincing Italian and Greek landscapes.
Last update was in April this year, next one should be between now and April next year, probably.

Nice! I don't know about the flora, but the ground textures from the Crusader mod go perfectly with Rome at War, trust me.  :wink:

EDIT: And some pics.

80539E9B9FE4BEBA1C6404231AE203ED5908EA26
I tend to rely heavily on skirmishers, I'll pay the miserable price one day.

38EE9F71722748AED8F50E790F3E6045C315BCD2

Macedonians besieging Lakedaemon. Really smart move, sieging the most southern city without reinforcements and with about 1000+ angry Greeks coming for them behind me. We are ready to kick some ice.  :fruity:

Seek n Destroy said:
There are a few new scenes already like:
Seek n Destroy said:
New (wip) scene for Ravenna:
zk_wT.jpg
viczy.jpg
8bJoJ.jpg
Cq_wB.jpg
plCd7.jpg
x3l09.jpg
PUzoE.jpg
Yz4Gi.jpg
But I kinda got burned out fast and I'll get back on it soon. I'll probably take some flora from the CWtE OSP like olive and cypress trees to make some more convincing Italian and Greek landscapes.
Last update was in April this year, next one should be between now and April next year, probably.
OMG all looks great.

Back
Top Bottom