• Vassals in service of player

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • More wounded soldiers

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Military supplies

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The huts are fine if you ask me - after all, armies would build themselves crude huts if they were in one place for a few days - and this is a permanent feature training camp.

as for the Spanish Cavalry....  I'll dig out my references sometime the next 2-3 days....

Del Rey were a line (heavy) cavalry regiment.  They were to my knowledge the only Spanish regular cavlary to charge successfully after Joseph Bonaparte was enthroned - capturing some light guns at Talavera.

Spanish Cavalry establishment was Dragoons, Cazadores, Hussars, Line (Heavy) Cavalry, Lifeguards.
Cazadores was more of a 'style' than a unit type, as at least 3 official Dragoon regiments adopted Cazadore (=Chasseur) uniform and equipment.  Maybe you could have Dragoons upgrade to Cazadores.

Alberderos was the Regiment's name.  Just as the Grenadiers of the Guard did not carry grenades, so the Halberdiers of the Guard did not carry halberds (on campaign, they were probably used for ceremonial duties, nice shiny blades etc...  castle guard troop perhaps?)

I actually removed the guarantee_horse flag from entry-level Spanish cavalry troops - only veterans/elites are guar. horse. 
Spain's cavalry, of all their units, were the most badly affected by the Godoy regime that stripped the military of funding and training.  When La Romana was given the 'pick' of the Spanish units to join Napoleon in his German campaigns, they still had to use mules for some cavalry troopers and none of the horse-artillery batteries had enough horses to pull a single gun - they used mules and oxen instead.

It would be unrealistic to the point of frustrating if the Spanish regulars were anything like as dangerous as the French, various German, or even Italian regulars.  They should be about on a par with Napolitan conscripts...

Captured Joe said:
Amman de Stazia said:
Spanish Cavalry should upgrade to Lifeguards, (or the spanish name, which I forget  :oops: ...) as the Lifeguards were the Guard of the Spanish King.
Walloon Guards were one of the royal guard 'companies' and would in theory upgrade to Alberdero (Halberdier of the Guard, foot equivalent of Lifeguards)
I don't think Halbardiers saw real battle action during the Napoleonic Wars... if they existed in 1805 already anyway.
And yeah, lifeguards. Maybe better the heavy cavalry regiment 'Del Rey', with Blue uniforms with white lapels, buff breeches, and big bicornes with yellow rim?

Amman de Stazia said:
On the other hand, given that the Spanish Cavalry establishment before Napoleon's coup had horses for about 45% of the troopers, maybe the upgrade should be
Spanish Cavalry (mule) > Spanish Cavalry (horse)
Please, no.

Amman de Stazia said:
(...) as for the Spanish Cavalry....  I'll dig out my references sometime the next 2-3 days....

Del Rey were a line (heavy) cavalry regiment.  They were to my knowledge the only Spanish regular cavlary to charge successfully after Joseph Bonaparte was enthroned - capturing some light guns at Talavera.

Spanish Cavalry establishment was Dragoons, Cazadores, Hussars, Line (Heavy) Cavalry, Lifeguards.
Cazadores was more of a 'style' than a unit type, as at least 3 official Dragoon regiments adopted Cazadore (=Chasseur) uniform and equipment.  Maybe you could have Dragoons upgrade to Cazadores.

Alberderos was the Regiment's name.  Just as the Grenadiers of the Guard did not carry grenades, so the Halberdiers of the Guard did not carry halberds (on campaign, they were probably used for ceremonial duties, nice shiny blades etc...  castle guard troop perhaps?)

I actually removed the guarantee_horse flag from entry-level Spanish cavalry troops - only veterans/elites are guar. horse. 
Spain's cavalry, of all their units, were the most badly affected by the Godoy regime that stripped the military of funding and training.  When La Romana was given the 'pick' of the Spanish units to join Napoleon in his German campaigns, they still had to use mules for some cavalry troopers and none of the horse-artillery batteries had enough horses to pull a single gun - they used mules and oxen instead.

I love realism, so.. a mini-Mod for Spanish Cavalry, please?

Quint, have you thought about naval transport? Not naval battles, just a way to travel from Town to Town like Stagecoaches.
I remember the SAVAGE Mod -BETA released by Adorno- had such feature: the player could "sail from the port" of any Town, and his ship was automatically placed in the nearest river/lake/sea. It was buggy, though, because the ship could appear in the middle of the Khergit plains, for example, if the player wanted to leave from the port of a Town in the middle of such steppes.

I dunno.. just throwing the idea.

some Spanish stats...

in 1808 the official figures for the Spanish Cavalry establishment were 9,000 horses for 15,000 troopers. 
The artillery, at the same time, had 34 foot, 6 horse and 21 garrison batteries - La Romana took 2 horse and 2 foot batteries and the pick of the draught train, leaving a total of 216 guns in Spain, and an official 400 draught horses for the guns plus limbers plus caissons

Allright, you convinced me. BUT, the upgrade to the horse version should not be too high a level compared to the mule version; usually, I see AI parties with 30 or 50 normal cavalry troopers and 1 veteran cavalry trooper (and at war it goes slower than that). Upgrading to the 'horse' version should take less XP.

Also, what about Neapolitan and Portuguese cavalry?

I believe that Neapolitan and Portuguese cavalry are collectively known as dogfood with braid.

Portuguese:
Wellington had this to say of them in 1810: "Worse than useless".
An establishment of 7128 in 1811 compared with 1300 fit for active service, - for example 2nd 3rd and 12th were never issued horses in this period, being assigned to garrisons as dismounted units, and the 4th and 10th serving as a composite unit of 450 effectives - regiments officially being 590 effectives!

Neapolitan:
(information pertains to Spanish campaigns)
Feb. 1808
2.Chasseurs returned 10 officers, 387 other ranks, and 137 horses
August 1809.
2.Chasseurs returned 257 effectives (losses almost entirely due to desertion)

April 1812: Combined into a single squadron with the 1.Chasseurs - again, losses mainly due to desertion.

it's set in 1805, so Godoy's corrupt influence on all levels of Spanish life is very strong. 

Portugal's military has yet to be blessed by British assistance.
in 1809 for example:
The 14th line's senior captain had 37 years service, most senior ensign 16 years service;
4th Line had 1 major officially 'unfit for duty due to unwieldy bulk and inexperience' and the second major serving a prison term with the Inquisition;
a cavalry regiment having 3 cornets with an average age of 60 years.

William Warre - born in Portugal and later a staff officer under Beresford - described the Portuguese Royal army (pre-1807) as "[The men are] cowards, who won't fight 1/16 [against] a Frenchman if armed, but plunder and murder the wounded.... The officers are detestable, mean, ignorant.... little mean intrigues...apathy...want of military sentiment"

I just noticed the Frech Cuirassier's Helmet has a plume. Should it be removed, as the plumes weren't usually worn on campaign?
If that's not possible, could another version of said helmet be introduced? The same Cuirassier Helmet, but without plume/with a white plume? Or both?

I had another suggestion, but I forgot what it was..

Lengua Muerta said:
I just noticed the Frech Cuirassier's Helmet has a plume. Should it be removed, as the plumes weren't usually worn on campaign?
If that's not possible, could another version of said helmet be introduced? The same Cuirassier Helmet, but without plume/with a white plume? Or both?
Why? It looks good enough, for campaign too. Please don't remove it! (IMHO.)

Captured Joe said:
Lengua Muerta said:
Why? It looks good enough, for campaign too. Please don't remove it! (IMHO.)
It does - badass helmets.
I'd just like to see a variation of that headgear - with and without plume, being the latter both red and white.. what do you think?

Colonels had white plumes too, I believe.

But then you should also have anothe runiform for Bavarian generals, Hessian officers, and Nassuvian Reitene Jäger. And Ottoman Generals. And special bicornes and weapons for Swedish Dragoons. And skis for Norwegian Ski guys.

I would like to see Prestige and influence having a bigger role in the mod.
-When you get a statue in one of your faction's towns, your prestige should go up; Your influence points too, maybe.
-When you send prisoners home in their underwear, you shouldn't lose Prestige but Honor.
I would like to see that option even have a practical reward; The humiliated enemy officers should lose relationship with all other officers of their nation, as well as some of their renown.
-When letting an enemy general/officer/leader (or an allied one) go free, you should get influence points atop the usual relationship boost.
-Earning a medal should also give Prestige, maybe instead of the experience reward.
-When shooting enemy prisoners, yuor honor should drop, as well as your influence (who wants to deal with someone who shoots prisoners anyway), quite a lot maybe. But your men should get some experience (you too maybe), to make the option useful at all. Also, maybe you'll get 10 or so coins per killed man?
-Freeing prisoners should give influence points instead of a relationship boost.
-Ransoming prisoners is very lucrative, maybe it could be a bit lessened to balance things out; 30 or 25 coins per prisoner seems reasonable to me (althoug I'm not sure).
-Losing a battle could cost you prestige points, and winning one could give you ones, depending on the number of participants (the number of prestige points involved should be quite low, though.).
-Raising relationship with a town (not a village, who cares about villages in upper society) should alse be rewarded with some influence points (maybe with prestige too) depending on the relationship, just like the influence points you get from belonging to a certain class.

The functions of Influence points and prestige should also be dealt with.
-When, for example, giving an enemy officer in garrison the mission to go to a certain place, he'll forget that mission and chase you once he steps out of his garrison place. It should be made so that he'll go to the objective you gave him without attacking ANY enemy, or running away from others, because that will erase the mission as well as the influence points spent.
-The influence points and the Prestige are ideal for the 'retirement' option. The 'retire from adventure' screen should calculate those points too, as well as your current class (which should be very important for that).
-Influence could maybe be spent to recruit some soldiers for free (or just cheaper).
-You could use influence to make peace between two nations (must be a VERY BIG amount of influence points, though), and/or to get one nation inside/out of the coalition/the French allies.

:grin: It has been a long time.

I apologize. I am a math and econ major.  I get work year round. But I was so happy when you actually suggested my left and right wing thing from such a long time ago. I would be so happy if it somehow managed to be in the mod. If you want any research done, I'm here. But until then I would like to make some new suggestions both expansive and small

1. Have an option at the beginning that can get you a higher social rank such as a count or gentleman/purchasing titles
As much as I love going to work and simulating my boring life in a normal game :cry:, I'd rather have the choice at the beginning to decide how royal i want to be. Or... make it so that you can purchase titles of nobility either through influence points or money. These can be won by winning battles or successfully navigating the political system which you are trying to put in place in the next patch  :grin:
2. The Political System

I am so happy this might happen, implementing this is in the game will give the player much more control should he choose to wield political power. Making it would be very difficult. I now know that but since you were so kind as to appreciate my ideas in the past... I'll explain what I'm thinking.
If a Man wants power but not through war.
Unlike the Lumberjack or butchershop, if you chose to create a political system at any level there should be a place a commoner can concentrate -a cillivian's battlefield. I'm thinking of a higher-grade occupational building such as a Library or a University located at a countries capital (depending on their form of government or cultural identity) At the beginning of the game, countries like Russia should not have one but should have a palace. On the other hand a strong republican country such as a great Britian should definitely have one.  In order to gain admittance to the palace/university, there is an intelligence requirement (or charisma requirement for a palace along with a nobility requirement depending upon the countries system or the law which could indeed change.

At a Library/Palace
The library would be focused on intelligence/persuasion where a palace would be focused on increasing prestige or charisma. Both would give you an opportunity to meet other politicians or nobleman and influence them. But there is still one problem. I have not found anything a commoner can do that is just as exciting as war without extensive coding would be very hard to add. In the real world, politicians may use funds to pay for local buildings or bribe people. it would be good if you not increase the limit of buildings that could be built in each city giving the player a bonus approval rating from the city whenever positive buildings are built such as hospitals, schools, or bakeries to combat hunger. But then that raises the question of pleasing different social classes which would be even harder to program since both the rich and poor inhabit cities and some buildings you build, the rich may like and some the poor. You would need many indicators to know the type of government and whether or not the mayor was elected or... appointed by the government. But i digress. basically as a commoner you should stay in cities, hire mercenaries to carry out missions for the town and build your approval rating to either become a mayor or faction leader or... whatever... and the palace/library would your national base. The French should be the only kingdom that has both a palace and a university/library 
Governments
This is less complicated. There should be two trunks of government: democracy or autocracy. France, Russia, Prussia, and Austria are indeed Autocratic. Britain is not. I believe u should only instill governments in these nations b/c it would be easier but doing so is still very hard because they are still all rather different. This is seen in the distribution of power between the people the nobles and the head of government. (this is just an illustration)

France -very autocratic, but the people are not enslaved, b/c of the French revolution and Napoleon's meteoric rise, they still kinda love democracy.
People-25%, Nobles/Politicians-10%, Ruler (Bonaparte)-65%

Russia-very autocratic, serfdom, very feudal society, select group or pristine nobles that agree to worship the Czar 
People-0%, Nobles/Generals-40%, Czar-60%

Great Britain
People-50%, Politicians/Nobles-25%, Prime Minister-25%

this is good way to think about it. That's all.

A variety in political systems is... somewhat essential. If powerful enough the player should have the ability to change them back and forth. But whether it will just be a name change or a real political difference would entirely up to you.

Here's is what I envision
in my perfect video game, government management would be extremely detailed. Not depending on micro-mangement, just detailed enough so even the smallest difference would have an effect. I have already gone over what I would like to see in the past and so far have failed on my part on making them a reality. No need to repeat myself. But it would be cool if Britain had a congress building and you could walk in and persuade ppl.  :cool: For my past ideas for the government which everybody kinda liked at the time visit my profile to find the posts I would leave on the original 1805 development program

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186724.msg5400025.html#msg5400025

3. Making more decorative uniforms
I love the uniforms now, I just wish...  :sad: they could bear the millions of medals I win. Maybe if made a separate decorated officer uniform that could be worn that might be cool. Its not a big deal though.

Are vassals in now? it has been a decade since I checked this mod
Edit: I agree 100% with aderemi123
Edit: I have downloaded it nice to see bugs fixed but still no vassals available Q_Q

Back
Top Bottom