• Vassals in service of player

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • More wounded soldiers

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Military supplies

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Really have no experience with animations and I can barely find where in the files the animations are used.

Just asking. Sometimes I want to buy an average house in a nice city, but I've already bought a poor house to fulfill the requirements to rise in the social clases
Ah this is an interesting suggestion. I like it and I'll implement it.

Random question: Is there a way to change the soldiers' faces back to basic, where it was all random? I just find it odd that my whole regiment is composed by hundreds and hundreds of twins. Maybe, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?
Yeah,
Or tell me us which files to edit/delete, because it's just odd to me.
Moment. The faces of the different troops are the same? Or do you mean soldiers of a troop do have the same face?

Code: [Select]
["surgeon", "Surgeon Cloth", [("surgeon",0)], itp_unique|itp_merchandise|itp_type_body_armor |itp_covers_legs|itp_civilian ,0,
200 , weight(2)|abundance(70)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(3)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_cloth ],The Surgeon's Cloth is available to buy.

I'll keep searching!
Well you will only find this in your files:

Code:
 itm_surgeon Surgeon_Cloth Surgeon_Cloth 1  surgeon 0  553717773 0 200 123731968 2.000000 70 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
My code is from the ModuleSystem =p! Just like it to show it to you.

Quintillius said:
Really have no experience with animations and I can barely find where in the files the animations are used.
Ah, well, I see. Thanks!

Quintillius said:
Random question: Is there a way to change the soldiers' faces back to basic, where it was all random? I just find it odd that my whole regiment is composed by hundreds and hundreds of twins. Maybe, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?
Yeah,
Or tell me us which files to edit/delete, because it's just odd to me.
Moment. The faces of the different troops are the same? Or do you mean soldiers of a troop do have the same face?
Soldiers of a specific troop have the same face.
To give you an example: all Irish Line Infantry have the same face; all Russian Grenadiers have the same face; all British Rifles have the same face [which is the same as the Irish'].

EDIT:
russiantroopswiththesam.png

Here we can see how all Russian Regulars have the same face, but it's not the same as the Russian Grenadiers' face - whihc they all have.
sameface3.png

Here's an Irish guy, with one face.
sameface2.png

Here's a Rifle, with the same face as the Irish guy.
sameface1.png

And here's a Merc Cav, with the same face as the two guys above.

I usually have a mix of soldiers from time to time, and I like how the variety of uniforms and flags is remarkable on the battlefield. What I don't like, though, is that most of them share the same face. That's why I ask: Is there a way to chage it?
If I'm not mistaken, this faces are from Aquil's Face-Pack, and thy're cool, yeah. But I prefer to see a more varied mixure of faces, just like in native.

And, before I forget, no negro soldiers?

Hey, Quint, aye you planning on changing anything about the 'Social Class' system?
I ask because it's a bit hard at the beginning of new games:

To rise from Journeymen [Low Class] to Peasant [Middle Class], the player must have 1 rented house. I've noticed in several of my "test" games that earning 2,000 Francs a week is quite difficult, even working as a woodcutter - working 7 days as such provides 1,750 Francs; the player must be given 'a bonus for working harder than the other hands' at least once a week to be able to rent a house, and in this case the player has only around 200 Francs left to spend on troop wagers and food. I must mention that in some of these "test" games I've never received said bonus, and I find myself in a difficult situation: I have to do a lot more Quests for the Mayor, which endanger my job as a woodcutter because I can't skip the duty several times, or cancel the rental contract.
I know that the 'bonus for working harder than the other hands' is random, and sometimes the players might get lucky and receiive such bonus for days, but I still think that rising in the Social Classes is a bit hard at the beginning.

Also, to rise from Labourers [Middle Class] to Citizens [Middle Class], the player must have 1 bought house. Buying a house, however, doesn't prevent the player from paying rent - the game requires both one rented and one bought house at the same time; this makes the player to still work hard to get the 2,000 Francs per week. And if the player rents out the house, then the game doesn't take it into account as 'bought'.
Could you modify such feature so it doesn't ask for both rented and bought house?

Loot and plunder! It brings in loads of money.

Also, when you have progressed to classes by renting a house, you can cancel the rental contract, save money for buying a house, and later rent a house in another town to get to the next class.

Suggestions:
-Firearms for militiamen; They are absolutely worthless with just those stupid sticks. You can give them the next-to-worthless Charleville 1766 and/or Model 1740 Musket; they won't be a threat to regular troops, but they will be able to at least defend themselves. Also, give them broken muskets/matchlocks and small swords instead of those sticks.
-New helmets for Württembergian Infantry and Cavalry, and Austrian Infantry and Cavalry.
-If the player is a vassal of the Batavian Republic or the Kingdom of Italy, he should receive French Medals.
-If the player is a vassal of Serbia, he should receive Russian Medals.
-If the player is a vassal of Portugal, he should receive British Medals.
-The Spanish Dragoon/Heavy Cavalry should upgrade to Veteran Spanish Heavy Cavalry, not to the Walloon Guard. Make the Walloon Guard a seperate troop, just like with the Swedish Svea Liv Guard should happen: An elite troop only for the King and (optionally) only acquireable through the recruitment officer.
Also, don't make them Cavalry, for God's sake! They are infantry!
-Prussian Dragoons should get more amminution.
-New fort/village: Innsbruck, in the Tyrol.
-Turkish Recruits and Nizam-I-Cedit troops seem to wear each other's uniforms; swap them.

Captured Joe said:
Loot and plunder! It brings in loads of money.
Nay. I fight the ruthless and maniac Lords Officers, not the poor villagers that suffer fom the horrors of war.

Captured Joe said:
Also, when you have progressed to classes by renting a house, you can cancel the rental contract, save money for buying a house, and later rent a house in another town to get to the next class.
I do the same, in inverse order: Save enough money to buy 3-5 houses, rent them out and then rent a house - profit's huge.

Captured Joe said:
Suggestions:
  • -Firearms for militiamen!; They are absolutely worthless with just those stupid sticks. You can give them the next-to-worthless Charleville 1766 and/or Model 1740 Musket; they won't be a threat to regular troops, but they will be able to at least defend themselves. Also, give them broken muskets/matchlocks and small swords instead of those sticks.
  • -The Spanish Dragoon/Heavy Cavalry should upgrade to Veteran Spanish Heavy Cavalry, not to the Walloon Guard. Make the Walloon Guard a seperate troop, just like with the Swedish Svea Liv Guard should happen: An elite troop only for the King and (optionally) only acquireable through the recruitment officer.
Seconded.[/list]

First off, apologies for the crude MS paint plan. My art skills are just as good as my actual Warband scening skills but I'll happily walk you guys through it. Gents let me introduce you to the suggested new and improved training camp for 1805.

rtp0jl.jpg

The 'wall' around the whole thing will be the Fence used just outside the churches in all the cities. The block on the bottom fence will be the gate for the small camp where the player 'spawns' into the scene. Outside if he can possibly 'see' there will be two random soldiers guarding the gate.

The grey oblong on the right will be the camps own store house.

The four square-ish shapes on the left are tents, with a different nations NPC soldier standing outside each one represented by dots.

The lone dot will be the NCO who trains the player.

The box across the tents will be a small fenced in area with some target models for scenery.

At the bottom of the store house is a simple slightly raised dirt mound which the player and the NPCs they practice one on one fights will spawn.

Near to that is the target practice section where the player shoots at the coconuts to get the 'distance' of ranged weaponry down to pat.

I think for the horse practice section we should leave the default track, that is fine. Maybe fit in a small corral or stable with a few random horses but if what we have here can be done that'd be great!

I'm not sure if that is really neccesary...

Also:
-New uniform for Bavarian and Hessian officers. Bavarian officers could just wear an infantryman's coat with red instead of yellow lapels and without crossbelts and backpack etc.
-Give the flintlock musket and rifle the reloading animation for muskets; they have the reload animation for pistols currently.
-Reduce the reload time / increade the weapon speed of the Blunderbuss. Make it about as fast as the double-barreled carbine or something.

Captured Joe said:
I'm not sure if that is really neccesary...

Also:
-New uniform for Bavarian and Hessian officers. Bavarian officers could just wear an infantryman's coat with red instead of yellow lapels and without crossbelts and backpack etc.
-Give the flintlock musket and rifle the reloading animation for muskets; they have the reload animation for pistols currently.
-Reduce the reload time / increade the weapon speed of the Blunderbuss. Make it about as fast as the double-barreled carbine or something.

I'm not sure tweaking the exact colour of the models facing is neccesary either, but here we are. I'm pretty sick of seeing the same goddamn training stuff over and over.

My petitions are simple:
  • Negro soldiers.
  • Make the soldiers' faces random, just like in Native.
  • Swiss Confederation - either included as one French allied in-game, like Batavia, or add a couple of Towns/Forts to fill the gap in the map.
  • Tyrol - add some Towns/Forts to fill the gap in the map.

Just noticed SeanBeansShako replied.

I'm fine with both the Barracks and Training Fields, but I do think Training Fields look bleak; adding something would be welcome. Though, I disagree with the idea of random soldiers guarding the gates and tents - Training Fields are supposed to be neutral, ain't they?

The soldiers can be randomised or from nations that accepted anyone reguardless of nationality. Missing the point of the suggestion though, the default training field is bland as hell and reminds me of Warband still.

I mean, the mod has its own unique scenes more or less for everything else now.

Try a minimal one from the one I suggested with the basics.

Just no more empty field with a weird guy and some coconuts with some ghost buddies.

The Spanish Dragoon/Heavy Cavalry should upgrade to Veteran Spanish Heavy Cavalry, not to the Walloon Guard. Make the Walloon Guard a seperate troop, just like with the Swedish Svea Liv Guard should happen: An elite troop only for the King and (optionally) only acquireable through the recruitment officer.

Spanish Cavalry should upgrade to Lifeguards, (or the spanish name, which I forget  :oops: ...) as the Lifeguards were the Guard of the Spanish King.
Walloon Guards were one of the royal guard 'companies' and would in theory upgrade to Alberdero (Halberdier of the Guard, foot equivalent of Lifeguards)

On the other hand, given that the Spanish Cavalry establishment before Napoleon's coup had horses for about 45% of the troopers, maybe the upgrade should be
Spanish Cavalry (mule) > Spanish Cavalry (horse)

:smile:

Amman de Stazia said:
Spanish Cavalry should upgrade to Lifeguards, (or the spanish name, which I forget  :oops: ...)
Guardaespaldas. Maybe - That's just one translation, as I don't know the proper name for the unit.

Amman de Stazia said:
On the other hand, given that the Spanish Cavalry establishment before Napoleon's coup had horses for about 45% of the troopers, maybe the upgrade should be
lol

Amman de Stazia said:
Spanish Cavalry should upgrade to Lifeguards, (or the spanish name, which I forget  :oops: ...) as the Lifeguards were the Guard of the Spanish King.
Walloon Guards were one of the royal guard 'companies' and would in theory upgrade to Alberdero (Halberdier of the Guard, foot equivalent of Lifeguards)
I don't think Halbardiers saw real battle action during the Napoleonic Wars... if they existed in 1805 already anyway.
And yeah, lifeguards. Maybe better the heavy cavalry regiment 'Del Rey', with Blue uniforms with white lapels, buff breeches, and big bicornes with yellow rim?

Amman de Stazia said:
Please, no.

Also, slightly late but pull the guards out from the Mercenary pool with the Hessians and Swiss for the training camp. Mercenaries guarding an Indepedently funded training camp problem solved.

That is looking pretty good, I hope somebody can maybe copy and reskin the Njord hut prop into a proper tent in the future maybe?

Back
Top Bottom