Races

Users who are viewing this thread

OK, I made the textures darker and less bright and this is how they look.

SmurfInHell said:
guspav said:
Here are some screenshots from the new demon base race:

I agree with the above comment. A darker/grittier red. Something with a rough style texture.

Maybe kind of like this? The real textures of the skin make it look more realistic/believable.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=904&tbm=isch&tbnid=KFmzh45eE9wHXM:&imgrefurl=http://www.daz3d.com/rae-el-the-demon&docid=qtwAxDYKFBuJCM&imgurl=http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/a/rae-el-the-demon-6.jpg&w=500&h=650&ei=aHDtUejuGYHu9ATjqIG4Dg&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:8,s:0,i:114&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=197&tbnw=179&start=0&ndsp=23&tx=68&ty=103

Actually, I sort of got inspired by that picture :grin:
The thing is the texture would need a lot of tweaking to look similar, especially on the normal map department and I must confess I am not very good with textures.

guspav said:

SmurfInHell said:
guspav said:

I agree with the above comment. A darker/grittier red. Something with a rough style texture.

Maybe kind of like this? The real textures of the skin make it look more realistic/believable.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=904&tbm=isch&tbnid=KFmzh45eE9wHXM:&imgrefurl=http://www.daz3d.com/rae-el-the-demon&docid=qtwAxDYKFBuJCM&imgurl=http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/a/rae-el-the-demon-6.jpg&w=500&h=650&ei=aHDtUejuGYHu9ATjqIG4Dg&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:8,s:0,i:114&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=197&tbnw=179&start=0&ndsp=23&tx=68&ty=103

The thing is the texture would need a lot of tweaking to look similar, especially on the normal map department and I must confess I am not very good with textures.

Silly question but, can you make the horns white? or would it contradict the whole single colored hair system? :oops:

LazySteve said:
guspav said:

SmurfInHell said:
guspav said:

Silly question but, can you make the horns white? or would it contradict the whole single colored hair system? :oops:

Actually, the horns are part of the head, not the hair, so they can be easily changed to another color. But would white be a good one?

guspav said:
LazySteve said:
guspav said:

SmurfInHell said:
guspav said:

Actually, the horns are part of the head, not the hair, so they can be easily changed to another color. But would white be a good one?

Well i'm not sure, it's just that at the moment because the horns are the same color as the hair it just looks like a funny haircut, maybe remove hair completely and keep the horns black? :???:

LazySteve said:
(This is a suggestion about a race so I think it belongs in this post but I might be wrong :lol:)
In my opinion you should make the demons red, with horns, hooves and tails, and make it so that only the high tiered demon troops are bigger but also have wings which would give them like a short range flying ability (like a simply higher and longer jump, you can take example from the jedi power jump in the Bear Force 2 mod)

I think a decent demon tree would be:

(male tree:smile: Imp -> Hellspawn -> Hell Guard  -> Hell Knight -> Nightmare(found out that name is taken, need to figure out a new one :lol:)
                                                                        ->  Berserker -> Devil
                                                -> Hellhound Rider -> Cerberus(Kerberos) Rider
(female tree:smile: Demoness -> Succubus

Description of each troop:

Demon Imp - 1 handed sword, no armor
Hellspawn - 1 handed sword + shield, no armor
Hell Guard - 1 handed sword + shield, medium armor
Hell Knight - 1 handed sword + big shield, heavy armor (slow walking)
Nightmare - 1 handed sword + shield, very heavy armor (slow walking), all armor looks black and scary (:razz:) and has a 10% chance of causing enemy to flee in terror upon hit
Berserker - bigger sized, 2 handed axe, no armor, has wings with a short fly (higher+longer jump) ability for charging, very high Iron flesh and Powerstrike
Devil - bigger sized, 2 handed axe, little armor, has wings with a short fly (higher+longer jump) ability for charging, extremely high Iron flesh and Powerstrike
Hellhound Rider - 2 handed long sword, rides a mount that looks like a big flaming hound that has higher charge ability
Cerberus(Kerberos) Rider - 2 handed long sword, rides a Cerberus (big 3 headed flaming hound) that has even higher charge skill (maybe even have a fire damaging aura around him as if he's spitting fire out of his heads :razz:)
Demoness - Female demon, 1 handed dagger + Flamearrows
Succubus - Female demon, 1 handed sword + Fire balls and Flamearrows

A demon army's fighting tactic would basically be to send a bunch of riders and berserkers (which are very hard to train) to burst through the enemy's front rows so they can kill the enemy's archers while the lower rank troops charge to keep the defensive troops busy, while the nightmares and the highly armored troops prevent flanks against the female demons which serve as the demon's only ranged troops and have very low health. (being magic users they are better at taking out tanks and highly clustered enemies in front rather than trying to hit the archers behind so Demons have to burst through the enemy's defenses using the riders + berserkers to kill the archers)

A tactic to fight against a Demon army would be to get lots of highly defensive troops with a mix of swords/spears and place them in a few rows to prevent the Berserkers/riders from charging towards the archer (in rows so the succubus will waste their ammo on the first row instead of everyone dying together and so the Berserkers won't be able to jump past all the defensive troops at 1 go) and then trying to push the back row defenders against the chargers while the archers are taking them out (the demon's chargers aren't very well armored, only high health) and trying to get some very fast light cavalry to go around the armored troops and kill the very squishy demon magic throwers

I believe that would be a well balanced faction as they don't have any real good ranged except the Succubus and Demoness which would have a very low amount of magic projectiles with a slow regeneration rate (although very high damage) and are very easy to kill unless protected by other troops

Thank you for reading all that (if you did), congrats on finally getting your own board :grin: and I just have to say this is currently my favorite mod out there!

Spoiler to reduce clutter, quoted LazySteve

Question, if there's a succubus, why not an incubus?

Arctic_Howler said:
LazySteve said:
(This is a suggestion about a race so I think it belongs in this post but I might be wrong :lol:)
In my opinion you should make the demons red, with horns, hooves and tails, and make it so that only the high tiered demon troops are bigger but also have wings which would give them like a short range flying ability (like a simply higher and longer jump, you can take example from the jedi power jump in the Bear Force 2 mod)

(male tree:smile: Imp -> Hellspawn -> Hell Guard  -> Hell Knight -> Nightmare(found out that name is taken, need to figure out a new one :lol:)
                                                                        ->  Berserker -> Devil

Nightmare - 1 handed sword + shield, very heavy armor (slow walking), all armor looks black and scary (:razz:) and has a 10% chance of causing enemy to flee in terror upon hit
Berserker - bigger sized, 2 handed axe, no armor, has wings with a short fly (higher+longer jump) ability for charging, very high Iron flesh and Powerstrike
Devil - bigger sized, 2 handed axe, little armor, has wings with a short fly (higher+longer jump) ability for charging, extremely high Iron flesh and Powerstrike
Hellhound Rider - 2 handed long sword, rides a mount that looks like a big flaming hound that has higher charge ability
Cerberus(Kerberos) Rider - 2 handed long sword, rides a Cerberus (big 3 headed flaming hound) that has even higher charge skill (maybe even have a fire damaging aura around him as if he's spitting fire out of his heads :razz:)

A demon army's fighting tactic would basically be to send a bunch of riders and berserkers (which are very hard to train) to burst through the enemy's front rows so they can kill the enemy's archers while the lower rank troops charge to keep the defensive troops busy, while the nightmares and the highly armored troops prevent flanks against the female demons which serve as the demon's only ranged troops and have very low health. (being magic users they are better at taking out tanks and highly clustered enemies in front rather than trying to hit the archers behind so Demons have to burst through the enemy's defenses using the riders + berserkers to kill the archers)

A tactic to fight against a Demon army would be to get lots of highly defensive troops with a mix of swords/spears and place them in a few rows to prevent the Berserkers/riders from charging towards the archer (in rows so the succubus will waste their ammo on the first row instead of everyone dying together and so the Berserkers won't be able to jump past all the defensive troops at 1 go) and then trying to push the back row defenders against the chargers while the archers are taking them out (the demon's chargers aren't very well armored, only high health) and trying to get some very fast light cavalry to go around the armored troops and kill the very squishy demon magic throwers

I believe that would be a well balanced faction as they don't have any real good ranged except the Succubus and Demoness which would have a very low amount of magic projectiles with a slow regeneration rate (although very high damage) and are very easy to kill unless protected by other troops

Thank you for reading all that (if you did), congrats on finally getting your own board :grin: and I just have to say this is currently my favorite mod out there!

There will be no succubus, due to the limit on different races allowed by the warband engine, there will be only demon males, no females.
(Sadly, different genders are considered as separate races)

LazySteve said:
Arctic_Howler said:
LazySteve said:

->  Berserker -> Devil

There will be no succubus, due to the limit on different races allowed by the warband engine, there will be only demon males, no females.
(Sadly, different genders are considered as separate races)
You can make them normal human females with Helmet/Body/Hand/Leg armor Succubus Body...

The idea of succubus scripted to use multiple Charm person is great! It's gonna get very hectic with them in.

Since most of the troops are male, how can a incubus charm them?

guspav said:

SmurfInHell said:
guspav said:

Oh look a satyr! :grin:

Might I suggest removing the glossy appearance? They're a little too shiny :s even if they wear armor, should you happen to capture/recruit them they'd be like that guy from twilight, no one likes a sparkly evil creature...

like in that video that was on i believe page 3, maybe make a skeletal king style of race? one with that agent is alive thing you were talking about? make it have very weak stats except for intelligence and 1-3 in necromancy, dependent on how nice you are to the skeletal king race, maybe a small crown for the hair texture? i really like the way the skeletal king looked like in the video, maybe get the texture from the person who made it to exact copy it?

so in other words make it only have 1 spell ability, "summon the dead" in battle and give it really low stats, and the more necromancy you have the better and more units you will summon, so like if it has level one necro it will summon 1-3 zombies or skeletons, level two, 2-5 zombies of skeletons, 3 necro, 1-3  zombies or skeletons warriors, 4 necro, 2-5 zombie warriors, and so on, maybe, if you want, make it to where at level 10 necromancy you can summon 4-7 shadow, zombie, or skeleton knights.

peace out.

I believe that, right now, they are only available via prisoner-recruitment. Eventually we should be able to get them more easily.

Lilly112 said:
New update allows 1024 different units, up from 32, so maybe the race limit will be jacked up in time.
Source? Last update I am aware of is 1.1.58 which is almost a year old.  As it is, what you said doesn't make sense because there were more than 32 different units in Native...

mercav said:
Source? Last update I am aware of is 1.1.58 which is almost a year old.  As it is, what you said doesn't make sense because there were more than 32 different units in Native...
+1

Before 1.157 ( I checked it up) If you had more than 32 different troops in your party - I am not sure if it counted heros or not - then you couldn't get more, but the 1.157 patch took it from 32 to 256.

(Source) http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=280675.0

Back
Top Bottom