Questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Auldman said:
corsar95 said:
I am sorry if I am repeating, but I do not have time to read 7 pages, so some questions :grin: I did not find many features that are "already done": Where are gamblings and boxing competions in London? How works arena, where is the Tournament Master? How can I become a bandit? How can I enter the bandit and pirat towns in North Africa?(I just have a fight there(my army VS 0)) The locations load pretty long, am I the only one with this problem? Can I somehell move cannons before or in the battle? I am serving Sweden now, but I still can recruit only militia troops, are Sweden national troops in the game? How can I kill a lord? How can I improve a soldier to companion? huh  :grin:

Gambling and boxing were the intention of an old team member who was planning them as those were subjects she enjoyed. She is no longer actively working on this project and I am not sure I am as interested in reviving those plans (well certainly not boxing however gambling may be possible later).  Arena fights will probably be reworked to mass duels with rapier at some point.

This is an alpha and many things are not finished. North Africa among them. You may not move cannons before a battle.
"You may not move cannons before a battle" - I think in the battle too?? I am a Lord and I have a village. And what about killing a Lord? Looking forward to new Arena :smile: However it is already a great mod and I am loving it. (Your cities and Lord Halls are amazing)!!!

corsar95 said:
"You may not move cannons before a battle" - I think in the battle too?? I am a Lord and I have a village. And what about killing a Lord? Looking forward to new Arena :smile: However it is already a great mod and I am loving it. (Your cities and Lord Halls are amazing)!!!

Thanks! I've seen the killing of a lord in a few mods and it was handled the right way in that it brought the player into a state of serious dishonor and dislike in the game. In 1702 there was really only one way to really kill another noble and not take a serious risk to your own person or reputation. If you killed another noble in the heat of battle this was an honorable killing and an honorable death for your victim. Dueling was slightly less acceptable. Monarchs and commanding officers loathed it as it deprived them of a pool of brave men to use as commanders. Marlborough was distinctly hostile to it and warned his officers against participating in "affairs of honor." It's understandable of course when viewed from the position of a monarch or general.

However duels happened and in some cases the society at large looked the other way if it was felt that the duel was one the contestants could not refuse. But it was never just ok to kill a member of the nobility. So if we did this I'd like to see it handled so it carries great risk to the player and the hit could be costly to player. I forget whether it was Europe 1200 or Brytenwalda but I executed a noble after a battle who had been raiding my fief constantly and I was tired of him. What occurred was I was hated across all factions and found it hard to recruit troops anywhere except mercs and villages refused me their food etc. It was pretty clear it was better I'd have let the guy live! In 1702 things were pretty much still chivalrous. Captured generals and officers of rank were treated really well. I forget which French marshal it was....I want to say Villars after Blenheim was put up in a nice home in England while waiting to be exchanged or ransomed. Marlborough wrote very kind letters in French, which he was fluent in, to his opposites in the French army and even allowed them passes to visit relatives through his lines. This kind of thing seems shocking to us now in our age of all or nothing wars but it was considered a mark of ones character to be so obliging to ones enemies. So killing a noble? I'd be for it especially in duels regarding women you've spurned or made "wanton" in game (their brother or father might call you out at the next feast you attend) but I want realistic penalties for it.

Edit: I checked it, my middle aged memory is so bad for these things, and it was Tallard who was captured after the allied victory at Blenheim and given a house in Nottingham where he waited till he was paroled in 1711. If I recall he could have been recalled to France earlier but Louis XIV was furious with him so refused to take the measures necessary to have the British return him sooner.

Auldman said:
corsar95 said:

Thanks! I've seen the killing of a lord in a few mods and it was handled the right way in that it brought the player into a state of serious dishonor and dislike in the game. In 1702 there was really only one way to really kill another noble and not take a serious risk to your own person or reputation. If you killed another noble in the heat of battle this was an honorable killing and an honorable death for your victim. Dueling was slightly less acceptable. Monarchs and commanding officers loathed it as it deprived them of a pool of brave men to use as commanders. Marlborough was distinctly hostile to it and warned his officers against participating in "affairs of honor." It's understandable of course when viewed from the position of a monarch or general.

However duels happened and in some cases the society at large looked the other way if it was felt that the duel was one the contestants could not refuse. But it was never just ok to kill a member of the nobility. So if we did this I'd like to see it handled so it carries great risk to the player and the hit could be costly to player. I forget whether it was Europe 1200 or Brytenwalda but I executed a noble after a battle who had been raiding my fief constantly and I was tired of him. What occurred was I was hated across all factions and found it hard to recruit troops anywhere except mercs and villages refused me their food etc. It was pretty clear it was better I'd have let the guy live! In 1702 things were pretty much still chivalrous. Captured generals and officers of rank were treated really well. I forget which French marshal it was....I want to say Villars after Blenheim was put up in a nice home in England while waiting to be exchanged or ransomed. Marlborough wrote very kind letters in French, which he was fluent in, to his opposites in the French army and even allowed them passes to visit relatives through his lines. This kind of thing seems shocking to us now in our age of all or nothing wars but it was considered a mark of ones character to be so obliging to ones enemies. So killing a noble? I'd be for it especially in duels regarding women you've spurned or made "wanton" in game (their brother or father might call you out at the next feast you attend) but I want realistic penalties for it.

Edit: I checked it, my middle aged memory is so bad for these things, and it was Tallard who was captured after the allied victory at Blenheim and given a house in Nottingham where he waited till he was paroled in 1711. If I recall he could have been recalled to France earlier but Louis XIV was furious with him so refused to take the measures necessary to have the British return him sooner.
And what about the Battle of Fraustadt and execution of the russian troops?

I am a vassal of sweden, I have a village, but still can not recruit swedish troops. How do it work?

corsar95 said:
I am a vassal of sweden, I have a village, but still can not recruit swedish troops. How do it work?
I believe you need a castle or a town, then talk to the recruiter and form a regiment.

corsar95 said:
And what about the Battle of Fraustadt and execution of the russian troops?

They were infantry and not nobles and such niceties are not reserved for grunts. It was a disgusting act by the Swedes no doubt (prepares to catch hell from von Afton) but it would have been much different if the Swedes had killed 500 members of the Russian nobility. That would no doubt have had repercussions across Europe.

You can recruit in villages. First make sure you have updated SVN and started a new game. Then go to your village and in the menu select the option to speak to your recruiter. The first time you do this it should give you the option to form new regiments and a list of all Swedish regiments available. Select the one you want. Then wait three days. Return and he will have your regiment ready.

When i fire with my gun my crossbow skill is upgrading, what should i upgrade when i level up ? Crossbow or Firearms ?

steunwell said:
When i fire with my gun my crossbow skill is upgrading, what should i upgrade when i level up ? Crossbow or Firearms ?
Crossbows for muskets and Firearms for pistols. By the way, shouldn't it be renamed already?

I fail to see any crossbows here  :roll:

6124800C.jpg

My game is french, i deleted the FR files in the language folder of your mod, so i have Arbalete wich means crossbow in french and Arme a feu which means Firearms.
My game still has words not translated do you know how i can translate them ?

thanks and by the way  why did you upgraded Throwing and Archery xD ?

Well, I was suprised, too  :shock: I haven't upgrated them myself, may be I spawned with them according to what I chose as a background story. Anyway, at least the throwing is useful  :lol:

Throwing is useful ? You can only throw grenades and they instantly kill everyone in the zone so i don't see where it can be x).

btw here is my proficiencies i translated them and you can see it's native with firearms for me.

1368953484-twilight-of.png

Ahh its a common desise from this age everyone talked french. You see so if you play it to much more and more things wil turn french.

Soon even you mother will start talking french to you and all of a sudden you are drinking wine to breakfast

i have reacently started to luagh like the french rharharharharha :lol:

Has Artillery skill influence at the accuracy of the cannons? And will be there are a skill with that I can have more than 2 cannons(what does Siege skill mean)?

corsar95 said:
Has Artillery skill influence at the accuracy of the cannons? And will be there are a skill with that I can have more than 2 cannons(what does Siege skill mean)?

I think this skill is useless right now because Arty is exclusively bots.

Siege skill means nothing ATM because it's not implemented right now.

And Yes Archery is useless for me.

Oh i apologize i didn't know (I don't like the Ottomans so never played it)

And does the player can  buy bows ?

I don't understand arenas i have only 2 guys fighting, no weapons and the guy who wins is always non killable...

steunwell said:
corsar95 said:
Siege skill means nothing ATM because it's not implemented right now.
And what WILL this skill mean?  :smile:
Why dont you post a patchnotes? I am upgrading SVN but I do not exactly know what is new there  :sad:

Back
Top Bottom