[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

They should be changed to a party of Scorpion Assassins to be honest.
They can happen very early in the game, when you have no army and no armor and no skills, after talking to a NPC in the tavern.
Does it seem ok to you to get attacked by KO units (lvl 45 or so) from the start ?
The NPC asks you for like a few hundreds or he'll reveal your location to them, that did happen to me a few times very early in the game.

Ofc i can outrun them and ofc that happens in Pendor everyday anyway (ex. Dawn attack you from the start or the D'shar dependign on creation choices or Jatu) but adding
one more wouldn't be very friendly to the guy that just started. It doesn't bother me cause i know the mod and what to expect.

Also @damesh try solo them on realistic (full damage) at the time they spawn and that's when you're barely created (no armor, not many skills) and you'll see they can be quite deadly. If you play on easy and say hey i have an idea on how to make it harder ... Making that an ambush would mean capture for most if not all builds right after creation.

Last edited:
They can happen very early in the game, when you have no army and no armor and no skills, after talking to a NPC in the tavern.
Does it seem ok to you to get attacked by KO units (lvl 45 or so) from the start ?
The NPC asks you for like a few hundreds or he'll reveal your location to them, that did happen to me a few times very early in the game.

Ofc i can outrun them and ofc that happens in Pendor everyday anyway (ex. Dawn attack you from the start or the D'shar dependign on creation choices or Jatu) but adding
one more wouldn't be very friendly to the guy that just started. It doesn't bother me cause i know the mod and what to expect.

Also @damesh try solo them on realistic (full damage) at the time they spawn and that's when you're barely created (no armor, not many skills) and you'll see they can be quite deadly. If you play on easy and say hey i have an idea on how to make it harder ... Making that an ambush would mean capture for most if not all builds right after creation.

I don't remember encountering them that early in the game and the beginning assassins are usually only 7 or 8 party size and are low level thug/assassins not high level. Not a problem as they run away from me because I will likely have a larger party at that time (perhaps 30 size). Yes, KO will attack you early if you have negative relations even if you out number them since they are so high level compared to you and I have been wiped by them, but they attack other groups, as well, not just me. The assassins don't attack anyone and nobody attacks them. It isn't an issue of making it tougher or more difficult, just that it seems pointless to me to have them spawn.

When sieging a castle or town I want my archers to fire off their quivers and retreat, so I get more infantry. I tell them to retreat through F1→F5. What they do after I give an order is that they start running towards the ladders and onto them. Tried telling them to hold position near edge of the map and then retreat, but they still run towards the ladders from the edge of the map. Is this a bug or a feature or am I doing something wrong? I don't have 'disable troop routing' option checked (the checkmark is black).

if i create a new unit(without adding it to its faction party_Reinforment_Template) and make it so that it be upgraded from Ravenstern Ranger, will the AI either recruit the unit or train the unit up like the player can

if i create a new unit(without adding it to its faction party_Reinforment_Template) and make it so that it be upgraded from Ravenstern Ranger, will the AI either recruit the unit or train the unit up like the player can
Lords will train them occasionally, yes. But recruitment won't happen without adding the troop to the party_templates. Upgrading from lvl 35 rangers will take a lot of time, so you'll only see a few such units in the long run. Also, note that newly added units won't have autocalc values to work with, so you shouldn't add them to reinforcement templates anyway, to not weaken lord parties across the board.

Last edited:
Modding our mod and dealing with whatever comes of it is on your end. This is not the place to ask for information on what you did to your game. Find the proper sub-mod sections.

Why can you not employ any of the prisoners of parties that you beat? All that seems to be on offer are peasants and farmers.

Also, I used a mace and ended up killing people not knocking them unconscious despite the weapon dealing blunt damage. How can you take prisoners like that?

I think POP have a better system..sorry.

There's a level limit for prisoners you can hire. Prisoners above a certain level cannot be hired to your party. Likewise, there are some enemies that cannot be knocked unconscious, mostly troops that are meant to be undead, but also make sure that the mace you're using actually does blunt damage. User error does not mean the system is bad, lol.

The level for troop recruitment is 40, only troops below that can be hired from among prisoners. Noldor Warriors are a special exception, as they can't be hired either for being only lvl 36.

Aside from all undead troops, Serpent Priestesses also fall dead no matter what. So as Evelyn said, it's really just user error, as blunts always KO. Unless a troop is scripted to die.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom