PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Sulcoit (8/12/13)

Users who are viewing this thread

Just as addendum to the numbers issues:
In the second conquest round it was 83 Norðmenn against 72 Goidil for a long time. But, as was said before, this was not the deciding factor for the outcome, it only added to other problems I for one would largely ascribe to different forms of host organization (to make it short: most "veteran" northern clans had better internal communications/tactics than the less experienced hosts on the other side).

All in all, I think it's a good sign that the majority is able discuss all this in an overall constructive manner.

FrisianDude said:
Æscwine of Essex said:
And indeed an event with the rus faction would be refreshing.
It would be, but against whom? At least I get the impression all event-battles have been lore-appropriate, which would put the Rus against the Norðmenn only; and there's few dedicated Rus clans quite the size and skill of the dedicated Wytsing clans. :razz:
Think that's a good idea, and I see no problem with just Rus - Rus or Rus - Norðmenn. :smile:

Rule zum Rabensang said:
All in all, I think it's a good sign that the majority is able discuss all this in an overall constructive manner.
Absolutely. Also yeah, if clans have little issue with switching then there is no problem. :razz:

Celtichugs said:
I want a Rus v Norðmenn event so freaking much! A battle where Vikings coming down the Dnieper River fight some Kievian Rus ?
Vikings-varyags also was raiding villages around Novgorod district and Ladoga.

Event was good .

I think a way to make the Gaels more unique, would be to make the light infantry a little faster, like 30 base body armour weight, instead of the current 36. Makes them play a little more like skirmishers, and be able to footwork a little better, to counter their weak armour and melee capabilities.

Then everybody will call them 'Those damned fleetfooted coward potato farmers.'

Of course, I'm sure few in this community would like this idea.

Rallix said:
I think a way to make the Gaels more unique, would be to make the light infantry a little faster, like 30 base body armour weight, instead of the current 36. Makes them play a little more like skirmishers, and be able to footwork a little better, to counter their weak armour and melee capabilities.

Then everybody will call them 'Those damned fleetfooted coward potato farmers.'

Of course, I'm sure few in this community would like this idea.

I've been playing with this idea for quite a bit, glad someone else agree :3

We reduced the weight of Goídelta clothes and armour for the 1.0 fix, actually, making them lighter than for any other faction, but we didn't want them to become ninjas or anything. And unless you make very drastic changes, it's not going to be very noticeable after someone packs a helmet or whatever. That's one for the Suggestions thread, though, and it's all rather academic anyway.

About that Rus event everybody seems to want: remember that anyone can come up with a project for an event! Just hit us with your idea, one that is sufficiently developed in terms of setting, presentation, game mode(s), factions, potential leaders and the like, to show that you have the organizational skills required and a good grasp of what Víkingr events entail and what our quality standard are, and if your bid is good enough and deemed viable you'll be greenlighted to organize an official event.

Back
Top Bottom