Post items you would like in AOC II (screenshots of items in progress)

Users who are viewing this thread

In opposition to legendary Asian weapons i propose European one: the Quernbiter :razz:.
Quernbiter - Viking sword, so named because it was used to cut a millstone in half.

"King AEthelstan gave Hakon sword whose hilt as well as haft was of gold. Its blade was most excellent and with it Hakon cleft millstone to its center, whence it was called Quernbiter. that was the best sword that ever was brought to Norway."
Heimskringla: history of the kings of Norway
Snorri Sturluson,Lee Milton Hollander

Waldzios said:
In opposition to legendary Asian weapons i propose European one: the Quernbiter :razz:.
Quernbiter - Viking sword, so named because it was used to cut a millstone in half.

"King AEthelstan gave Hakon sword whose hilt as well as haft was of gold. Its blade was most excellent and with it Hakon cleft millstone to its center, whence it was called Quernbiter. that was the best sword that ever was brought to Norway."
Heimskringla: history of the kings of Norway
Snorri Sturluson,Lee Milton Hollander
Can I get some reference picture or to let my imagination goes wild and see what will come out :wink:

Cannons cannons cannons cannons
Hand Mortar for Sarranids
True Broad-Brim hats with plumes, maybe a cast-iron version of the same (covered in velvet)
A good counter to Naffatuns or w/e they are, which even on the easiest difficulty can one-hit a fully armoured anything.  Even decreasing the armour they have or their health so they are easier to kill...

Oh yea, that looks kewl. And while we're at it, could you please make some kind of Jaguar/Eagle Warrior armours(Aztecs, and yes, those are real. The Aztecs gave Jaguar or Eagle skins to warriors who had fought well)

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
Can I get some reference picture or to let my imagination goes wild and see what will come out :wink:

Sorry the photos are not available :razz:.
Feel free  to use your imagination, just make some really awesome viking sword.

How about a hopolite armour set and shield + spear? That would be good :grin:

Sorry fi its already been suggested :L

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
baamonster said:
Strange hat to wear  :grin:  What era is this supposed to be, antique?? I know Romans had something like that..
The  Roman Velites wore something like that(Well they were rumored to) they were usually at the front of the Roman battleline and usually pelted the enemy with javelin(Pilum) and pulled back to let the Medium infantry have at them. Although after the reforms of Gaius Marius they became nonexistent.

The Pilum is an amazing weapon though it bends on impact causing the weapon to be useless to the enemy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilum

Some Renaissance swords or heavy rapiers would be nice.

One of my favorite:
SWORD. Italy, Veneto. Mid sixteenth Century. Overall length 108 cm. Weight 1250 gr
6163-4-.jpg

6163--.jpg

Waldzios said:
Some Renaissance swords or heavy rapiers would be nice.

One of my favorite:
SWORD. Italy, Veneto. Mid sixteenth Century. Overall length 108 cm. Weight 1250 gr
6163-4-.jpg

6163--.jpg

Going to be hard to model that with low polys but I'll see what I can do after this weekend (G20 here) is over.

Id like some more variety of full plate armors.

I dont know why, but those that came in vanilla just feel so wrong to me. In first M&B vanilla full plate was made so thin around the characters chest that it made them look anorexic, and now the one full plate we got in warband, it basically looks like a joke, they completely managed to mess up the vanilla one.

As for the two new models u got in ur mod, Gothic armor also seems a bit too thin (the primary reason i dont use it all), and Milanese is imo superb looking. (http://www.thelope.com/images/06-04-23-064.jpg) - example of what im talking about.

Also some original Russian looking armors would be nice, cuz from what ive seen, Vegyirs (or however u spell it) seem to have a bit of everything, later units looking too much like western European, too many full plates and kettle helms. Russian-like troops should have mostly viking-like chainmail armors, and helms (find pictures of Druzhina cavalry).

SmellyOne said:
Id like some more variety of full plate armors.

I dont know why, but those that came in vanilla just feel so wrong to me. In first M&B vanilla full plate was made so thin around the characters chest that it made them look anorexic, and now the one full plate we got in warband, it basically looks like a joke, they completely managed to mess up the vanilla one.

As for the two new models u got in ur mod, Gothic armor also seems a bit too thin (the primary reason i dont use it all), and Milanese is imo superb looking. (http://www.thelope.com/images/06-04-23-064.jpg) - example of what im talking about.

Also some original Russian looking armors would be nice, cuz from what ive seen, Vegyirs (or however u spell it) seem to have a bit of everything, later units looking too much like western European, too many full plates and kettle helms. Russian-like troops should have mostly viking-like chainmail armors, and helms (find pictures of Druzhina cavalry).

Some really nice ideas so far...I hope they are added in. I'll come back if I think of any more ideas.

Oh, btw, the guy in that picture is holding a bunny with chain mail armor and a mini sword....Woah. HARDCORE BUNNEH!!

What about some late scale armors. They were heavier, and not so effective as plate ones, but much more decorative.

"Karacena" of king Jan III Sobieski, most famous for the victory over the Turks in the 1683 Battle of Vienna.
This kind of armor was wear only by king and commanders of hussar companies.
55_zbroja%20jana%20iii.jpg
Jan_Sobieski.jpg

Waldzios said:
What about some late scale armors. They were heavier, and not so effective as plate ones, but much more decorative.

"Karacena" of king Jan III Sobieski, most famous for the victory over the Turks in the 1683 Battle of Vienna.
This kind of armor was wear only by king and commanders of hussar companies.
55_zbroja%20jana%20iii.jpg
Jan_Sobieski.jpg
Mmm another fine piece of armour, gonna try to make something.

Back
Top Bottom