Polished Buildings - Swadian+Vaegir+some new castles pack (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay I want to make sure. Do I HAVE to copy the entirety of the Native folder again, and rename it? Or can I do all this within the single Native Folder? Because Im running this on a flash drive (or attempting to) and I'll probably copy the settings to the installation on my bros pc and the one I eventually have on my PC, and at least on the flash drive, the near 80 MB of the Native with some of my installs already done is near 80 MB...something mine cannot spare with nox and other programs/mods/M&B itself on a 2 gb flash drive that only lets me use 1.86 GB....If I do, I'll try n make it work. If I can just do it within the original folders, you'd be a life saver :3
EDIT: The reason I ask is because I use PL so....ya know...

Okay, after a long time trying to figure out how to install this correctly, I finally managed to get it to run in another mod. However, there are still some problems, namely with the castle walls texture. Any ideas?

And a few pics:
mb317.jpg

mb318.jpg

Also, how do you get HDR to run again?

Sorry to bump, but this is a bit urgent.

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Kazzan, try this.

1. Copy & Paste to module directory all resources in Resources.

2. Copy & Paste to module directory all textures in Textures.

3. Enter in Resources and rename castle_a to castle_gutek, and snowy_castle to snowy_gutek.

4. Open module.ini and add the following lines:

load_mod_resource = gutek_textures
load_mod_resource = gutek_materials
load_mod_resource = gutek_houses
load_mod_resource = gutek_particles
load_mod_resource = castle_gutek
load_mod_resource = snowy_gutek

5. And remove the following:

load_resource = castle_a
load_resource = snowy_castle

6. Copy & Paste to module directory all scenes to SceneObj.

7. Copy & Paste to module directory particle_systems.txt.

8. Copy & Paste to module directory scene_props.txt.

Okay, so I tried that, but it says it 'Cannot open Resource_Castle_Gutek' or something along those lines. So I went and checked the resources, but there was no 'Castle_Gutek', nor any 'Snowy_gutek'. I tried downloading it again, but they still weren't in. Is something going on here?  :???:

Hi,

I have a question about polished buildings.

In polished buildings readme you said that;

"To install:

1 - unzip this mod.
2 - In Mount&Blade\Modules\  make copy of "Native" folder and rename it ("Polished_Buildings" for example.)
3 - From unzipped mod directory copy files to proper places (unzipped mod dir. works as main M&B directory.
So files from \CommonRes will go to Mount&Blade\CommonRes folder, Files from \Textures will go to Mount&Blade\Textures folder etc. Files from \Modules\Polished_buildings should go to "Polished_Buildings" folder that was created before - and overwrite everything."

But of course, I want to put Polished Buildings in a mod so I put the files from polished buildings CommonRes to modules \resources folder. (not to mount&blade's CommonRes folder) And I added them as

load_mod_resource = object_b
load_mod_resource = castle_e
load_mod_resource = snowy_houses
load_mod_resource = snowy_castle
load_mod_resource = town_houses_d
load_mod_resource = castle_a
load_mod_resource = wall_meshes1
load_mod_resource = interiors_steppe
load_mod_resource = object_meshes

to module.ini. Of course I removed the old native resource loader codes of them like "load_resource = object_b" before.

Also, as you said, I added other module stuff too

I added the python scripts to module system, module textures to second age's texture folder, module resources to second age's resource folder and scene objects to second age's sceneobj folder.

Seems like everything is ok. Well, towns were fine but some objects like city walls, carts, barrels and some snowy houses coulnt get textured. See;

mb2rb.jpg

mb1c.jpg

So what's wrong? Did I forgot something, or did I something wrong? My GPU is GeForce Fx5500 with latest drivers, It should be fine with those graphics.

Thanks,
Xendor

EDIT:

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Sorry to bump, but this is a bit urgent.

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Kazzan, try this.

1. Copy & Paste to module directory all resources in Resources.

2. Copy & Paste to module directory all textures in Textures.

3. Enter in Resources and rename castle_a to castle_gutek, and snowy_castle to snowy_gutek.

4. Open module.ini and add the following lines:

load_mod_resource = castle_gutek
load_mod_resource = snowy_gutek

5. And remove the following:

load_resource = castle_a
load_resource = snowy_castle

6. Copy & Paste to module directory all scenes to SceneObj.

7. Copy & Paste to module directory particle_systems.txt.

8. Copy & Paste to module directory scene_props.txt.

Okay, so I tried that, but it says it 'Cannot open Resource_Castle_Gutek' or something along those lines. So I went and checked the resources, but there was no 'Castle_Gutek', nor any 'Snowy_gutek'. I tried downloading it again, but they still weren't in. Is something going on here?  :???:

Seems like we have the same problem with Tiberius. I already did what Swadian Man at Arms says. Actually that was what I do first. But It's not working.

Okay, I found a fix (sort of). You go to the Commonres folder in the main M&B directory, and you find the items 'Castle_a' and 'Snowy_castles'. Rename them to 'Castle_gutek' and 'Snowy_gutek', respectively, then copy them to the resources file for whatever mod you are using, in addition to the ones supplied in the download. The only problem for me is that now I cannot open my character sheet without getting a RGL error. May or may not be related. I'll try reinstalling and seeing if that fixes it.

Xendor said:
Hi,

I have a question about polished buildings.

In polished buildings readme you said that;

"To install:

1 - unzip this mod.
2 - In Mount&Blade\Modules\  make copy of "Native" folder and rename it ("Polished_Buildings" for example.)
3 - From unzipped mod directory copy files to proper places (unzipped mod dir. works as main M&B directory.
So files from \CommonRes will go to Mount&Blade\CommonRes folder, Files from \Textures will go to Mount&Blade\Textures folder etc. Files from \Modules\Polished_buildings should go to "Polished_Buildings" folder that was created before - and overwrite everything."

But of course, I want to put Polished Buildings in a mod so I put the files from polished buildings CommonRes to modules \resources folder. (not to mount&blade's CommonRes folder) And I added them as

load_mod_resource = object_b
load_mod_resource = castle_e
load_mod_resource = snowy_houses
load_mod_resource = snowy_castle
load_mod_resource = town_houses_d
load_mod_resource = castle_a
load_mod_resource = wall_meshes1
load_mod_resource = interiors_steppe
load_mod_resource = object_meshes

to module.ini. Of course I removed the old native resource loader codes of them like "load_resource = object_b" before.

Also, as you said, I added other module stuff too

I added the python scripts to module system, module textures to second age's texture folder, module resources to second age's resource folder and scene objects to second age's sceneobj folder.

Seems like everything is ok. Well, towns were fine but some objects like city walls, carts, barrels and some snowy houses coulnt get textured. See;
*snip*

Are you sure you copied the Textures/objects.dds file correctly.  Remember there are TWO texture folders, one that replaces a texture in the main directory and one that goes in the modules.  I'm not exactly sure what the main directory texture replaces but based on the name objects, I bet it has something to do with the barrels and possibly the wall.

On a side note, this is an AMAZING looking mod but Gutekfiutek really needs to design packaging format to the mod standard for this game and stop mucking around with root directory overwrites.  His mods would get much higher praise and widespread use if they were easier to implement.  I'm trying to wedge Polished buildings into Polished landscapes and it is a pain just to figure out how his two mods should coexist together in one mod.

If anybody actually gets this all working as a standalone module they should upload it on here or at least some precise directions.  What we have so far clearly isn't cutting it.

Anyone every learn how to fix the various objects not getting textures? I get the same issue where some barrels and carts do not have textures.

Back
Top Bottom