Player Suggestions and Feature Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

So I just downloaded Native Expansion a week ago and have been loving it. Here is a modification to the Mount and Blade I've been thinking about for a long time. I don't even know if this is possible to implement, but it would be awesome.

Auto-battle improvements.
As you rise to power, you come across many encounters which are a clear victory (e.g. 200 vs 30), but still consume a solid 5-10 minutes of game time. This adds up to a lot of boring game time. I never choose the auto-battle option ("order troops to attack without you") because the option tends to cause a lot of unnecessary deaths within my army, often of high ranked soldiers. I suggest a makeover for this feature:

• Calculating Army Strength
    The new calculation will primarily depend on the sum of the levels of each soldier in the armies of both sides to determine overall army strength. Additionally, tactics and party morale will play a role in the overall army strength value as well. This is a far better representation of actual outcome as opposed to pure army count. These values would be used to determine a few separate values: The % chance of victory and the range of how many troops could possibly die for each side if they win.

• Tactician Report: Chance of Victory
    When a player chooses "order troops to attack without you", they get a secondary dialogue from their battle tactician with something like "Your battle tactician reports it is {not possible, very unlikely, unlikely, somewhat unlikely, somewhat likely, likely, very likely, guaranteed} that you will win this battle." This would be based on the numerical value 0-100% of actual chance to win. With higher levels of tactics, reports can become more specific, giving actual percentages like "Your battle tactician estimates that you have a {value}% chance of winning".

• Tactician Report: Estimated Losses
    The second piece of dialogue would be an estimate of how many troops will be lost. If the tactics skill is high enough (remember this entire feature is for mid-to-late game), the tacticians report can include the estimates of how many troops will be lost at varying levels of specificity (higher tactics = more specific). At low level tactics, the estimates could be broad: "Your battle tactician estimates the losses from this battle to be anywhere from "{devastating, large, medium, small, minor, insignificant}" to "{devastating, large, medium, small, minor, insignificant}". At higher levels of tactics, the tactician would report more accurate numbers: "Your battle tactician estimates the losses from this battle to be anywhere from {lower bound} to {upper bound} troops. Again this number comes from the aforementioned calculation of army strength, tactics, and party morale, and for a battle in the >90% victory chance, losses should be minimal.

• Actual Losses
    When the battle does commence and troops are lost, the highest level of surgery should determine how many were killed vs. wounded, and the majority of troops killed should be those of lower levels.

This modification would require a lot of tweaking and testing to make sure it is not overpowered. The ultimate goal is to reduce boring meaningless battles from the game. This option should be used when there is a large difference in army strength in player's favor, or when the player is wounded and has no choice. When 2 armies are of near equivalent army strength, there should always be a major disadvantage to the player still.

Thanks for reading.

Just began playing this mod. Made the account to PM Lav about something, and took the opportunity to post some feedback.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already...but the tournament bet rewards are insanely high. It would make more sense to raise the tournament prize, but not set it as high as the bets are. Given the usual prices for armour and arms in the markets, a good fighter, winning a few tournaments, would be rich pretty much instantly. Unless this has a purpose later on in the game, I think it should be rebalanced.

I like the way those tournament mods handle prizes (get a nice horse, get a good sword, blabla), not so much the new "implementations" themselves. Maybe you could so something similar, but keep the Native tournament mode.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320580.0.html
Here's something that you could add for the sake of immersion :grin:

There is one thing I have been longing to see in tournament rewards. What if you would receive city specific gift from a tournament? Like a banner of Praven or wooden axe of Tihr. And when you have specific collection of those items you could either change them to an weapon or armor or start some kind of tournament master line of quests.

Just wondering will we be able to see more actions available to lords with Castles/Towns? It would be real nice to be able to actively affect your lands through the castle/town ownership, seeing that medieval times Lords are practically kings on their own land.

Maybe the ability to auto-recruit, send patrols, set trade routes or do some quests that promotes wealth/prosperity of the lands?

Well... player should be able to get peasant troops auto-recruited for free if he has castle/town (like other lords do).
I LIKE the idea of persuasion skill connected to charisma (which is more logic). Another issue - maybe athletics skill should be connected to strenght instead of aglity? Imho it is your strenght and toughness that enables you to overcome the weight of armour not the agility.
Another issue - swadian 'guard helmet' gives too little armour compared to lighter rhodok equivalents. The same with vaegirs - heavy armours that give less protection compared with some even lighter armours ;P And nordic helmets seem to be OP (well, imho they're quite ugly and vaegirs have cool helmets but their stats suck ;()

I love this mod so much that i play this for a long time. But one thing that annoy me is that the lords from the factions started to left the realm, so that now i only meet only a bunch of lords. It would be good if you disable this feature in the future.

The other thing is, i think Rhodoks infantry army need to be focused on shield, defending, and capturing enemies like the one in the natives. at this mod, i don't see the Rhodoks have an advantage on that point.

JanekS said:
Just wondering will we be able to see more actions available to lords with Castles/Towns? It would be real nice to be able to actively affect your lands through the castle/town ownership, seeing that medieval times Lords are practically kings on their own land.

Maybe the ability to auto-recruit, send patrols, set trade routes or do some quests that promotes wealth/prosperity of the lands?

Upvote!
It's a bit sad having tons of things to do on a village and only 3 buildings to build in a Castle! Setting patrols (maybe with a "Call Patrols Back" button to defend against sieges) is really tempting (dunno if possible, but really tempting!). More options for constrution would be welcome too (including a Market so you can buy/sell things on a Castle, perhaps? Send/Receive caravans?).

Also, IMHO, raids should have a chance to destroy permanently improvements on villages/castles (Raiders usually burn random buildings to the ground while looting others, just to spread some sweet chaos around...).

One more thing: Siege times (the time a castle or town will run out of food) don't fit properly on the time flow of the game. I've never seen a siege runs for more than a couple days before a) besiegers attack or b) Siege get broken by defenders. Some high level on Engineer should make options like "Poison Water/Food Supply" available on Siege Screen.

i think looting and burn village not work,when i do that, game just Pause,nothing+lost honor,but no looting
Dark Knights come too early,50th day and they attack,WTF  :shock:
DK is so strong and they are too much,i dont know how to kill them,any idea? this MOD is really nice,but some things need change,i think need more time to pass then DK can start attack.
Nord's "King/Vassals party" they are not on horses,they look like "patrol" ,they are walkers.
please dude,if u can fix this things in next update (I hope it will be)
No need more unit's or items,food .
new food? bread +8,+9 moral,but who make "better" food? no option to upgrade Mill's?
I think there is no need even more "extras".

vitezkoja said:
Dark Knights come too early,50th day and they attack,WTF  :shock:
DK is so strong and they are too much,i dont know how to kill them,any idea? this MOD is really nice,but some things need change,i think need more time to pass then DK can start attack.
Nord's "King/Vassals party" they are not on horses,they look like "patrol" ,they are walkers.
DK are supposed to be super strong. You can always disable them and they will never arrive.
Nord leaders being on foot is WAD. Nords are modelled after vikings, who generally preferred infantry combat to mounted, including leaders.

can you make it so that ironflesh blocking will aslo apply to damage delt by bows, crosbows and throwing spears? i mean its just so frustrating that i have a 30 STR 10 ironflesh charecter but im usless against forest bandits and vaegir bowmen, can't you put in an option in the game mod settings like "apply ironflesh to ranged attacks"?

pardon me if these suggestions already posted early. I have no idea about modding, so some of my ideas might not be possible to add. atleast I hope if they give you inspiration.

about brutality mod;

- change the name of it. there's no brutal side when you cannot join factions. hardcore or something like that would be good.

- is this brutality mod? let's add some serious situations when you die. normally we lose our abilities for temporary time when we knocked down in combat. how about they're gone for permanently?

- relationships between lords and player. hard to gain relationship points, easy to lose.

- after you knocked down in combat, all units automaticly set to charge.

- lords will not talk to you if you're belong to nowhere unless if you're working for a kingdom as mercenary.

- you cannot renew your mercenary contract if there's no war against the kingdom.

- you must bet before you join the tournament.

- increase the amount of patrols and patrol units like hell.

- 2/3 of the money will be lost if you get captured by the enemy.

about normal gameplay;

- there are armours have your banner when you wear. if there's any way to do the same for horses, it would be good.

- khergits are ****. I wasted my 2 days to recruit them all to last level of lancers in training area. most of them died easy against forrest bandits.

- send your scouts to enemy lands to find less-protected fields/rich villages.

- give orders to your lords as a king by messangers like  "pick lords - place to gather - pick leader - orders of wasting village/siege field"

- add whorehouse into city to increase morale.

edit: new suggestions added.

Something I very VERY heartily reccomend is adding in an ability to choose which troops you're going to bring into battle and in what waves, like in the prebattle tactics mod. Sometimes when I go into encounters the game will automatically make very poor choices in regards to which troops it wants me to use at first, and having a prebattle choice option would take that huge frustration away. I frankly don't know why the native game didn't even have such an option, for tactical play it's rather critical. The mod that inspires the idea -- the above mentioned prebattle tactics mod -- has a couple other things worth looking into, but the biggest feature I miss from playing with it is definitely the ability to personally choose who and how much goes into battle.

Hi,
NE, NE, beautifull, anyways, please consider these:

Tavern Animations
Decapitation
Own kingdom troops
Bridge Battles
Battle minimap

!!!!! FLAMING ARROWS !!!!!
effects and D.O.T.
coz i would like to see some FIRE in the SKY

Sorry if anyone of these have been asked for or actaully in the game o_0
The mod became quiet, still working on I hope?

Allow releasing Lords you have captured in battle (i.e. talk to them and be given the option to let them go).  I joined a faction I was at war with previously, and so I now have Lords as my prisoner who are part of the faction I joined :mad:

Also would be nice if you could (like I've seen other mods do) change it so that when Cavalry is dismounted, they switch to the Infantry class (for troop movement commands in battle)

Back
Top Bottom