Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

ah ok.

Kinda makes me wish I had any experience with modding. it looks awesome so I wouldn't mind using my spare time making it :razz:

That reminds me, for some reason some of my farmers are chasing bandits.
30 odd man bandits will wander near my village and villagers travelling to my village started chasing after it. I can't remember if the bandits ran from me or them, but I'm not surprised that my village is dirt poor now.

Hazzardevil said:
30 odd man bandits will wander near my village and villagers travelling to my village started chasing after it. I can't remember if the bandits ran from me or them, but I'm not surprised that my village is dirt poor now.
Farmers chasing after bandits :/ that is odd. I would like to hear of this happening again and not just a one time thing... very odd indeed.

Hazzardevil said:

What could be happening if you're near enough to them is, your villagers see that you're nearby and gain 'courage' of a sort, assuming you're going to jump in. It's like 5 100 man armies being willing to take on a 300 man guy because they've got backup in the immediate vicinity. If this is still happening when you're too far away to be seen (witnessing it through cheats, for example), then I dunno, but if you're near enough that you're not sure which group the bandits are running from, it's entirely possible both bandits and villagers are having their threat assessment influenced by your presence.

Edit: I'm not sure if this applies to farmers, but I've seen it happen with patrols in other mods every so often. It's actually quite useful, since the smaller party can chase down large armies that I'd otherwise have to run around hunting down, and then I can build up the patrol if I want with rescued troops.

Is it not hilarious? Some peasants thinking they're fancy knights or vigilantes and start pursuing bandits, which either ended up being prisoner, or just fodder for a bigger army. Sometimes though, the farmer can get a doom stack and that's not a situation you wanna be in. I saw some peasant with 20 Drachen Priester just because they caught a party with 20 of them as prisoner.

Hazzardevil said:

As I understand it, farmers will chase hostile parties if the hostile party is fleeing another party.  Unfortunately, the party from which the hostiles are fleeing may be just passing through, leaving the poor farmers to be crushed. 

For my part, since I fancy myself the great heroine and champion of the people :roll:  I always try to rescue the courageous peasants.  It helps improve faction with that kingdom, by the way  :smile:

habeo123 said:
Is it not hilarious? Some peasants thinking they're fancy knights or vigilantes and start pursuing bandits, which either ended up being prisoner, or just fodder for a bigger army. Sometimes though, the farmer can get a doom stack and that's not a situation you wanna be in. I saw some peasant with 20 Drachen Priester just because they caught a party with 20 of them as prisoner.

If I didn't know better I would think this post is a troll.

I have had peasant parties carrying prisoners in larger numbers than them before, it is silly.

Hazzardevil said:
habeo123 said:

If I didn't know better I would think this post is a troll.

I have had peasant parties carrying prisoners in larger numbers than them before, it is silly.
I am baffled why this would happen though... we haven't changed their aggressiveness or anything. Is this the first mod you have seen it happen?
But this seems to be what is happening:
As I understand it, farmers will chase hostile parties if the hostile party is fleeing another party.  Unfortunately, the party from which the hostiles are fleeing may be just passing through, leaving the poor farmers to be crushed. 

MelanieWard said:
Perhaps it has something to do with the faction settings (faction 4, Innocents).  Usually the farmers are in Commoners faction, yes?
Ah I found the error. They were set as soldier_personality instead of merchant_personality. This gives them a lot of aggressiveness.  That's very strange :???:

Something unusual said:
MelanieWard said:
Perhaps it has something to do with the faction settings (faction 4, Innocents).  Usually the farmers are in Commoners faction, yes?
Ah I found the error. They were set as soldier_personality instead of merchant_personality. This gives them a lot of aggressiveness.  That's very strange :???:
Changed. You found it before i did :razz:

Hey guys (and girls of course)
I just wanted to ask the title of the song that replaced uncertain homestead, because it is purely beautiful. :grin:

Ae Ti said:
Hey guys (and girls of course)
I just wanted to ask the title of the song that replaced uncertain homestead, because it is purely beautiful. :grin:

Opening it in VLC says it's World of Stone by Blackmore's Night.

Edit: Incidentally, I always hated how the song says 'So bring to me all of my arrows, bring to me my crossbow too.' Anybody else get a twinge of annoyance every time you hear that?

Moridin said:
Edit: Incidentally, I always hated how the song says 'So bring to me all of my arrows, bring to me my crossbow too.' Anybody else get a twinge of annoyance every time you hear that?

I always assumed she was armed with a bow already, but wanted her crossbow as a backup.  :wink:

Moridin said:
That would annoy me, but I either haven't heard or paid enough attention to the song.

I also haven't noticed that happening before, but I've rarely paid attention to villagers before either.

Hey people, it's me again. :roll:
I'd like to ask for help regarding this HDR/lighting bugthingwhateveridontknow I have since I started playing the mod.
I don't know what happend, my other mods did and do NOT look like this, the reflections seem to be messed up or something.
fz4m.jpg
And I'm pretty sure my character should not look like this disco dude here...
hcwa.jpg

Sooo any suggestions? :3

Ae Ti said:
I'd like to ask for help regarding this HDR/lighting bugthingwhateveridontknow I have since I started playing the mod.
I don't know what happend, my other mods did and do NOT look like this, the reflections seem to be messed up or something.
fz4m.jpg
hcwa.jpg

Wouldn't this be more a bug? :wink:
Anyway have you tried:
If you are experiencing any extreme brightness or other weird things that has to do with shaders/lighting do the following:
- Open Module.ini
- Look for the line load_mod_resource = shaders
- Comment this line. Like this #load_mod_resource = shaders
- This will fix your problem

Michadr said:
Ae Ti said:
fz4m.jpg
hcwa.jpg

Anyway have you tried:
If you are experiencing any extreme brightness or other weird things that has to do with shaders/lighting do the following:
- Open Module.ini

Tried it now, still the same. :/
I don't know what the problem could possibly be, I have never experienced something like this in any mod.

Ae Ti said:
Michadr said:
Ae Ti said:
fz4m.jpg
hcwa.jpg

Anyway have you tried:
- Open Module.ini

Tried it now, still the same. :/
I don't know what the problem could possibly be, I have never experienced something like this in any mod.
Turn off HDR mode?

Back
Top Bottom