<> OCEANIC CAMPAIGN I: OFFICIAL THREAD <>

Users who are viewing this thread

Scorch! said:
I refer you to the combined clan match that we had a little while ago. Everyone pretty much agrees that that was epic fun, and that was a 15v15.
I didn't enjoy it at all, but it seems I'm one of the only ones.  It's basically just ridiculous.  The lack of limitations to classes, poor map structure and just genuinely the fact that there are too many people to actually strategise properly.

sathe said:
Laszlo said:
Just my thoughts on the Khergit debacle:

1. I don't see KoS's decision to choose Khergits and dominate on open plains any different from Dojo's, KEEN's, and KoS's decisions to use Nords to dominate on Port Assault. The scores of those matches agree with me.

2. If Dojo requested KoS not use Khergits I'm certain we would have come to an agreement very quickly. But Dojo had 70 KP's so KoS weren't going to go easy on them. Dojo should have predicted KoS would choose Khergits, and they didn't, so I simply have to consider that a strategic failure.

3. I'm open to banning factions. But if I do it's going to be a ban on Nords and Khergits. Not one or the other.

The Difference is laszlo after that nord port assault mach dojo and keen where AGREEING that it was stacked to the bull****.
You guys are sitting back acting as if it was great skill on your part in choosing them?
Good game? It was hopeless. that was the very definition of a bad game.

the next match Keen had we took out Nords, you guys seam like you would keep using them if you could.

So basically it comes down to Dojo and KEEN being wise and honorable whereas KoS are evil powergamers. Nonsense; we're all exactly the same.

Come on man, I'm sitting here proposing Khergit bans. Futhermore, we didn't know Khergits would dominate. Just like no one knew just how badly Nords would smash on port assault.

We almost went with Vaegirs, because we were worried Khergit-ownage might just be a pub-server phenomenom, and that once you fight against an organised team you could be smashed.

Now that we've done it, and realised Khergits do own, of course we're gonna stop and think about their existence in the campaign. You're just reading KoS posts in the worst light because after a thrashing every word out of your opponents mouth sounds like they're a smug bastard no matter what they say.

*edit* oh and 'Good game? It was hopeless. that was the very definition of a bad game.' IIRC KoS said GG after getting butchered 6-0 by nords on port assault. Oh and we didn't come and make raged veto threats like Thorn just did. I think it's fair I point that out.

RAOUL said:
I didn't enjoy it at all, but it seems I'm one of the only ones.  It's basically just ridiculous.  The lack of limitations to classes, poor map structure and just genuinely the fact that there are too many people to actually strategise properly.
Well, for the maps and the troops part, a good mod could fix that. Not sure what influence the clans have on modding, but if they could work something with modders already working on such, it'd be to the benefit of the campaign in future. I can think of a couple of mods in particular, but they aren't completed yet.

As for too many people, you really need one of two things: A) Everyone has a squad commander they follow closely, and has a good idea of what they're meant to do. B) A complex set-up of communications, where the Commander talks to all the squad leaders, and each squad leader speaks to their own troops.
This will also require: Practice, to get used to.

I agree that the match wasn't particularly good, which is why I wish to promote a means of fixing these problems.

You didn't need to point that out because we all knew it was ridiculous straight away. The port assault game was ****. It wasn't fun at all and I wouldn't ever want things to be that unbalanced again.

The agreements beforehand were a joke because KoS failed to reply to anything I said.

That's what I find so poor on your behalf with all of this. I mean, you basically admitted to withholding information until last minute.

Then the time for war arrives, so we just go along with it because we want to have a fun war.

It's honestly becoming non-enjoyable to play due to all the comments you make. Also, in anticipation for your response, NO I do not want to screenshot every stupid comment you make. It's a waste of time.

Thorn was pointing out how much of a waste of time that match was Laszlo, it really was pointless. I should have cancelled it due to lack of notification anyway, but as I said, we just wanted to have a competitive match.

Deal with it. Do not choose Khergit.

I do not like being pin cushioned on open plains by a no-skill faction that everyone hates. I much prefer to dominate every lesser-skilled individual in melee.

EDIT: If you want, give me your vent/TS/whatever details. I'll jump on and tell you verbally what you're doing wrong.

If you flip back to page 30 you can see the KoS reaction to getting dominated by Dojo on port assault.

Now compare it to this ****.

None of us even made a fuss when you produced your "gays of the South" video. And you think we're rubbing YOUR faces in it? Where the hell does that come from?

And as has already been pointed out Doom, when you attacked us on Port you declared your faction ten minutes AFTER the match was supposed to begin, while we waited patiently for you guys to get your **** together and field a team.
Big difference from declaring several hours before the game.

The point is, having a little hissy fit isn't going to solve the problem. Suck up the fact that you lost and work with us to find a solution.

There have been plenty of reasonable posts here about dealing with these issues, such as banning factions or declaring things beforehand, which you have all, for whatever reason, completely ignored.

If you want to point out "how much of a waste of time that match was" you can do it in a civil way without all the pathetic *****ing.

EDIT: Thorn, we use mumble. GON server.

Basically. We could have chosen Khergits to defend, we arent idiots we know who the super overpowered faction is. But they arent fun to play against or fun to play. We didnt choose them. We knew you might (had no idea about the deciding on no factions rule, but it made no difference with your massively late faction choice) and KoS decided to instantly say DOUBLE khergit. Without a hint of hesitation, knowing it was just a cheap way to win. We deliberately avoided them in a chivalric sign of "lets have a good game lads" and you naturally pissed all over it you were that desperate to win.

I really think you should change the description of your clan on your forums to "eager to win at all costs, emplying double standards and a general high and mighty attitude."

We assumed self respect on KoS part, we were wrong. Sorry, we wont make the mistake again and moving to ban Nords and Khergits from the campaign is a fine move. But just accept that you went for the easy cheap win, and ruined what could have been a fun night of battles with your lack of chivalry.

KaOSmaFAlG said:
Basically. We could have chosen Khergits to defend, we arent idiots we know who the super overpowered faction is. But they arent fun to play against or fun to play. We didnt choose them. We knew you might (had no idea about the deciding on no factions rule, but it made no difference with your massively late faction choice)

You had no idea about that?

Despite the fact it's been done in the past?

and KoS decided to instantly say DOUBLE khergit. Without a hint of hesitation, knowing it was just a cheap way to win. We deliberately avoided them in a chivalric sign of "lets have a good game lads" and you naturally pissed all over it you were that desperate to win.

First you say we wait too long to reply, then you say we didn't hesitate. Make up your mind.

I really think you should change the description of your clan on your forums to "eager to win at all costs, emplying double standards and a general high and mighty attitude."

What are these double-standards you speak of?

Is it like the double-standard of expecting an immediate response to what faction we will use when you have proven your clan doesn't do that?
Or the double-standard of being irritated when somebody hides for a draw, despite the fact it was your clan which started that **** in our last game, and you even tried (and failed) to do it tonight?
Or maybe the double-standard of accusing us of exploiting game mechanics while your team is huddled against the invisible wall?
Or perhaps, just maybe, it was the double-standard of rubbing your opponents face in the fact that you just dominated them in a clearly unbalanced situation... oh wait... we didn't do that.

Was it one of those double-standards, Azraine?

you idiot...you took ages to reply, and came back with "khergits...both" is it that hard to understand?

Weve had like, what 2 games in the past? and as a clan promoting chivalry dont you think its a bit childish to say "they did it, therefore we will too" i mean come on guys, grow up. Hiding for draws no one likes, and im glad you hated it and still did it? wow another one of those childish things you guys do. Seriously dont complain about something then go "Well we will do it too!". Lead by example or shut your mouth.

And still, ignoring the main point of my post was that you chose Khergits purely for the cheap win, not intending to have an enjoyable battle for both parties that was competitive and fun.

Does this really need to be a big finger-pointing fest....? Look for the evil in man, and you shall find it. We can spend MONTHS scanning every detail, and complain about each other's every minor mistake.

That won't solve anything. If we want to solve this, if this is an ACTUAL problem worth any stress, then do something about it. Let's find a solution rule, let's work on a mod, something.

But if we honestly want to have a big fight, and finding a solution is secondary at best, quote my post here and say, "Yes, let's just fight".

KaOSmaFAlG said:
you idiot...you took ages to reply, and came back with "khergits...both" is it that hard to understand?

Weve had like, what 2 games in the past? and as a clan promoting chivalry dont you think its a bit childish to say "they did it, therefore we will too" i mean come on guys, grow up. Hiding for draws no one likes, and im glad you hated it and still did it? wow another one of those childish things you guys do. Seriously dont complain about something then go "Well we will do it too!". Lead by example or shut your mouth.

If you look back a few pages you can see that I suggested extending round timers to counter just that.

To which only Kimbo replied... while everyone else *****ed and pointed fingers.

Which is exactly my point. With the exception of Kimbo, nobody from your side has actually tried to work out a solution, or even responded to any of our posts about how we can fix it. All you've done is ****ing complain.

Now I'm guilty of losing my temper myself - not because of the match but because of the childish reactions I've seen in-game and in the forums (like everybody raging before the game is even over, stopping long enough only to shout some profanities...).
I just don't see why this has to be such a huge deal. Instead of focussing on one (two) fight that went badly, try and fix it so it doesn't happen again.

Also... my sincerest apologies for taking a whopping ten minutes to reply to you. That must indeed make me an idiot.

Wow, I really had no idea we upset Dojo and KEEN so much. I'm sorry you guys feel so strongly about all of this and will happily speak to each one of you on voice-comms. But I do need to remind you all it's a 2 point hex. Also, you guys need to realise that it is your infantry-focused playstyle that is blowing the Khergit aspect out of proportion compared to the Nords. 

Also, HTAPA, please man you're not exactly fostering a calm atmosphere.

Please calm down everyone!

KaOSmaFAlG said:
And still, ignoring the main point of my post was that you chose Khergits purely for the cheap win, not intending to have an enjoyable battle for both parties that was competitive and fun.

No, no, listen, I said this earlier:

we didn't know Khergits would dominate. Just like no one knew just how badly Nords would smash on port assault.

We almost went with Vaegirs, because we were worried Khergit-ownage might just be a pub-server phenomenom, and that once you fight against an organised team you could be smashed.

And that's the truth.

Doom. The biggest hypocrite I have ever known. ****ing hilarious. You need to wake up. Seriously.

Its so funny that you cry at us for the same **** that you have done in the past.

stfu and play. Really, the childish **** is getting old.

ACC1 said:
Doom. The biggest hypocrite I have ever known. ****ing hilarious. You need to wake up. Seriously.

Its so funny that you cry at us for the same **** that you have done in the past.

Everything you do is childish, that is the only way you know how to communicate, if people werent so childish on this forum then you wouldnt even know what was happening.

Humbly yours Kaos Mafalg

KaOSmaFAlG said:
ACC1 said:

Everything you do is childish, that is the only way you know how to communicate, if people werent so childish on this forum then you wouldnt even know what was happening.

Humbly yours Kaos Mafalg

Read back over ur username and the comment you made have a think about it.

Smart kid eh.

We should meet up or something and talk about this?

Back
Top Bottom