<> OCEANIC CAMPAIGN I: OFFICIAL THREAD <>

Users who are viewing this thread

Moss said:
If you want to do a double match with SPLH lands that's fine with us, we owe you a match after all. :smile:
Alright, you happy with a smaller match on B3 (Village)? 

I'd like to do an all KEEN match, so, 7 vs 7. 

That'd be a bit of a hassle to organise, only three of the SPLH guys are playing in the first match and we don't have a VOIP of our own yet, so it's not easy to get people in on the drop of a hat. That and it doesn't seem fair to leave out all the other players.

Why don't we do the second match over one of the open plains maps on sunday, and organise a straight SPLH Vs. KEEN match for early next week. Sound okay?

RAOUL said:
Doomicus said:
In the end, it's the defenders choice, as their lands are at stake. Dojo is bringing warriors Toad requests to the battle.

Perhaps we could arrange a double battle with higher numbers. So that both alliances have something on the line, like what I suggested earlier with our upcoming battle Scorch (I suggest you read it, 1-2 pages back).

In the Dojo vs SPLH match it worked really well. A few players were saying "so is that it?" after the first war and it was good we had another one to fight straight after, makes it more worthwhile.
This sounds good.  If we win, we'll go for C4, if KoS (and others) win, they go for B7. 

15 vs 15 is my limit though.

edit: fixed mistake with the hex.

This is a decent proposal, but if we're going off the assumption that the defender can choose the numbers then if keen goes on the offensive then Kos/SPLH who-ever it is should be able to set the terms?

Therefore if keen/dojo attk then we can have like a 25v25 if dojo and keen can rustle up the numbers?

20v20 would be a good compromise and a big, fun match, if it's possible for you to get that many players. TBH, I just want a large organised game, and could care less for hexes or victories.

Moss said:
I was trying to say we could get an extra fifteen players in at the drop of a hat, because nearly everyone wants to play, so getting one extra shouldn't be a problem.

RAOUL said:
You lot are a bunch of asstakers. 
I don't suppose you're familiar with the TaleWorlds official motto, are you? :razz:

This would be a really good time to have that motivational poster. :lol:

ProPaul said:
Well right now Dojo have about 15 active players, plus keens 8 = 23 players.
Kos + Aos + SPLH + Rawr = 38 players.

As you can see, as a midsized alliance working closely with a small alliance, we are out manned. Our prestige is indicative of our skill and discipline, not our man power. Keen and Dojo are holding ground against a monster.

See, you're assuming that this 'monster' you're speaking of can commit all of its available manpower against KEEN/Dojo. That's a pretty flawed assumption right there. We're drawing from the same regular pool of players most times, just like you guys are doing.

Additionally, not all of the available players are suitable for a clan match. We have people like Sushiman (who has a severe parental problems with internet use), me (bloody high latency) and Mankey (****ing disappeared) on the rosters.

I wouldn't call Mankey an 'available' player NN. *the lazy alien sod*

:razz:

EDIT: Toad, first you want to limit the players to less than you can have turn up when we attack, then you want even less for the time you attack? Pretty stupid imo, and KoS certainly doesn't want less if our alliance is going to be on the offensive.

15 v 15 at minimum.

What? Less!? What's going no here, isn't this supposed to be the big game? I'd say minimum 20v20 to be perfectly honest, doesn't make much sense either.

Scorch! said:
I wouldn't call Mankey an 'available' player NN. *the lazy alien sod*

:razz:

EDIT: Toad, first you want to limit the players to less than you can have turn up when we attack, then you want even less for the time you attack? Pretty stupid imo, and KoS certainly doesn't want less if our alliance is going to be on the offensive.

15 v 15 at minimum.

calm down, i think the reasoning behind this is that keen would perfer to have keen only battles which is reasonable but due to low member numbers has to get dojo to fight with them to get a good sized match. Im sure toad and the other guys want the battle to be mainly keen vs whoever instead of Keen+dojo vs who-ever its a pride thing which is fair enough im sure anyone who play games competitively (well semi like what we're doing) knows the feelng.

From our side of the argument is that this is pretty much a one time thing, to make an event out of rawr joining the campaign. We're not going to be attacking ppl etc as a 3 clan team all the time - Kos/SPLH/Rawr will be doing stuff independently for the most part with players helping out if the participating clan needs some "mercs". Thats why there is this big push for a big awesome EPIC fight! we want to make it special and give everyone who wants to, a chance to participate instead of "sitting on the bench" so to speak. 

In any even its probly too late to change the numbers but if its possible could we get a BIG scrim some night? it would be cool to see how Warband plays out with large teams with everyone in TS/Vent/Mumble and good co-ordination. The only big matches ive been in (like 50+ players) have been in the public test server and pretty much everyone is running around like headless chooks.

Don't worry Calis, I wasn't getting angry, just if we are going to play a counter attack straight after the first match, why would we decrease numbers? Just food for thought.

its cool, scorch didnt think you were getting angry or anything, just the last couple pages have been on this topic. I think though that there should be clear rules for who gets to decide numbers etc. Personally i think it should be the attacker since they're taking the initiative, they should say how many ppl they can bring and the defender should try his/her best to match it, if they cant then the attacker brings less.

Remember lads, tomorrow night at 7:30 pm.  15 vs 15.

We'll talk about the counter-attack thing afterwards. 

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot this till now, what type of win conditions do you want?

First to 10? because then it has potential to be a longer match, if it isn't a steamroll.

Scorch! said:
Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot this till now, what type of win conditions do you want?

First to 10? because then it has potential to be a longer match, if it isn't a steamroll.
Yeah, first to 10, don't know why I didn't include that...

Going to have to push it back to 8pm tomorrow, if that's alright.  Going to have to make it 14 vs 14, as one KEEN member can't make it.

Back
Top Bottom