<> OCEANIC CAMPAIGN I: OFFICIAL THREAD <>

Users who are viewing this thread

Mordaunt said:
Laszlo said:
ak-74 said:
Laszlo , I think the reason for Sunday battles is due to having more people eager to fight then, I think having more people involved in a battle does make it more realistic/interesting/intense , but in saying this smaller battles at another time would be good also.

Elaborate on lower stakes? half a hex?  :lol:

It's because the stakes are too high. No matter the KPs of a hex, losing a hex is losing a hex, and it's a big shock. Clans only want to fight when they can bring their A-team. So yeah, half a hex :grin:. Nah j/k but there are plenty of rules I could tihnk of to justify small scale battles.

I'm not sure the thought of losing a :gasp: hex is what's stopping the campaign from progressing - I value the points leaderboard over the hex positions anyway :grin:.

When you put it like that, no of course it's not. I didn't actually realise there was disagreement on this topic so I'll just spell out what I'm saying:

All battles are high stakes => all teams want to bring their best players => player availability is a major factor => battles are harder to organise => less battles

[BTW: I edited this and totally replaced my earlier paragraph: was being a rowdy bastard :smile: Sorry.]

superhit1000 said:
That's not true. Numerous times we've had to get Dojo_Sparky or as you guys know Dojo_Spartacus to fight for us in wars and we all know he's terrible. And between you and me there are some rumors going around that he really is gay  :shock:

Superhit you just unknowingly validated my point. You said 'numerous times we've had to get Sparky'. You didn't say 'numerous times we told our better players to sit on the bench so Sparky could have a go'. You know, as if you resorted to Sparky. I'm not blaming anyone I'm just saying the campaign is geared towards this end.

Knightmeister's idea is probably the way to do it.  Even then, recording the statistics isn't important.  What's important is that matches are played without weeks of waiting in between.  There has been some activity in recent weeks though, which is nice.

I think you'll find that the campaign serves little purpose now, as the clans would rather:

Play on the only few remotely decent maps in the game.

Have a half system in the matches, to make it more balanced.

I know for a fact that we never cared for how many hexes we had.  It was always about having a good, "balanced" match; the campaign did not, and does not offer that.

superhit1000 said:
Imperator. said:
Use some initiative? Not everything has to be done for you.

spree said:
spree said:
spree said:
Scorch it looks like we won't have many available for Friday.  Does Sunday work for you as it seems we can get more on then.
Scorch, thinking you might have missed this.
Scorch you seem to be missing my posts in the last few pages.  Is Sunday a possibility for at least 10v10 (was hoping for 15v15 but may be a stretch at short notice)?
Also no matter when the war happens can you confirm now that you guys will go Vaegirs?

We've taken some initiative. Have you?

Yeah I simply gave up posting as he just seemed to be ignoring the offensive.

May I ask why ak-47 (baked baker) and nj have been banned from the forums?  Just looking at their last posts above I don't see anything which warrants a ban.

spree said:
May I ask why ak-47 (baked baker) and nj have been banned from the forums?  Just looking at their last posts above I don't see anything which warrants a ban.

I don't know about ak-47 but nj is a duplicate account of Kingdom / John / Nhoj

Taleworlds don't allow dupe accounts.

Also, if you want to ask a Taleworlds admin a question, you really have to PM them. I doubt the admins read this thread every day.

Thorn!

I have for you a new updated superior signature:

AU: http://imgur.com/Jp7pT.jpg
AU: http://imgur.com/zNLFm.jpg
US: http://imgur.com/A1yVf.jpg
US: http://imgur.com/cb5Ms.jpg

Thornmisfor said:
The amusing thing is the fact that you know I clicked all four of those links to see if any of them were different, then giggled to myself at the last one.

Hahah yep you can't help but click all 4 links

laszlo just need you to update the op mate, $_JC_$ has a new general

ibn_ibraaheem

an absolute legend, he's survived a beheading (believe it or not, he was beheaded)

comin' at ya live from mecca

remember folks, allah is the only god

pray for mercy

~$_JC_$_mohammed_ali_converted_to_islam_to_get_out_of_the_army
_might do that_myself_~

A number of changes, and an innumerable amount of S.M.I.T. (Self Motivation Integration Technology).

I am the founding father of all Smit-ish trains of thought, and am a proponent of doing what you desire; albeit in most case, what you desire is me; Barry_Smit.

Barry%20Smit2.jpg

Here is a picture that was taken after I finally conceded that I needed specs.  I drove into a playground in my Jeep Cherokee the day before.  That was more or less the turning point.

Prof%20Barry%20Smit%20copyright%20Judy%20Raines_medium.jpg

Some prick bought me this suit from Hugo Boss the day before I had to wear it.  Needless to say, I was utterly furious due to the fact that it wasn't made to measure.  There is a reason why I wear t-shirts.  The gathering was absolute **** as well, I will _NOT_ go into detail.

There are a few things that are **** in this world, and most of you are included in that denomination.

I will live prosperously with my S.M.I.T. chromosomes, you will not (unless you pay me for them).

Blessings,
Professor Barry Smit, BioSci PHD/IV

the fact that there hasn't been any battles for yonks proves this is dead? or are the clans just waiting to sort the bickering out before they play?

spree said:
seems the campaign is dead.  I gave up trying to organise a match with scorch.
Scorch is no longer the leader of KoS,
If you want to organise a match, contact: ACC1, laszlo or I and we can set a time :smile:

bobstar_24 said:
spree said:
seems the campaign is dead.  I gave up trying to organise a match with scorch.
Scorch is no longer the leader of KoS,
If you want to organise a match, contact: ACC1, laszlo or I and we can set a time :smile:
I'm talking well over a month ago when he was.

Back
Top Bottom