[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd recommend taking a look at his spelling.
He is probably referencing a musket mod joke.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
DAMN NINJA SCUM

EDIT:Ninja, about Japan. heh.

Frederickson said:
gonna work on some sigs for yeh rig and co. but until then enjoy these Canadian WWI posters.
ww1keepcanadiansbusy.jpg

ww1newnameshistory.jpg

Nice posters! And more sigs will be awesome thanks.

Ah, is that how you want to play it? Posting Steam Chats on a public forum?

Are you sure you don't want to mention how I'd show you actual Australian Light Horse manuels? Or how I cited information from Australian historians that are Light Horse enthusiasts? Or how you replied to me every time with something completely irrelevant, and did not disprove my argument at all? How you'd simply dodge my argument, make another BS one, goad me into replying, and then repeat? How you became increasingly rude during our discussion? Yeah, I'd address that if I were you.

I'll tell everybody what I told you. Australian Light Horsemen used their horses to travel between battlefields, rarely on them. The horses were hardly anywhere near the fighting.
"Each regiment lived and fought as a series of four-man "sections". When they went into action, three men would dismount to fight as infantry while the fourth man led the four horses to cover until they were needed for a further advance or withdrawal."
-http://www.lighthorse.org.au/resources/history-of-the-australian-light-horse/the-mounted-soldiers-of-australia

"They fought dismounted while horse-handlers took the horses to safety, then the horse-handlers returned with the horses for the troops to remount, and just as quickly retreat or retire from the battlefield."
-http://www.lighthorseart.com.au/Resources/Australian-Light-Horse.html?rnd=0.8344536950641739

If we were to have Australian Light Horsemen, they should be portrayed how they really fought, dismounted. They shouldn't be portrayed like some extreme special case like at the Battle of Beersheba.

Giving the Light Horse horse on the small battlefields of Warband wouldn't just be historically in accurate, it wouldn't be good from a gameplay point of view. How well would they function on battlefields with craters and barbed wire everywhere? And with machine gun and accurate rifles in the equation? Seriously, there's no point. There's a reason the Light Horsemen didn't use horses often in the actual fighting. Then there is also the matter of balance, Germany didn't have any cavalry at all, they were disbanded early on in the war. Austria had to disband all their cavalry as well due to poor saddles. The French even disabled a sixth of their horses by late August 1914 through awful horsemanship. That would make UK the only faction with horses.

Not historically accurate or good for gameplay, do I need to say more?

Rigadoon said:

Are you sure you don't want to mention how I'd show you actual Australian Light Horse manuels? Or how I cited information from Australian historians that are Light Horse enthusiasts? Or how you replied to me every time with something completely irrelevant, and did not disprove my argument at all? How you'd simply dodge my argument, make another BS one, goad me into replying, and then repeat? How you became increasingly rude during our discussion? Yeah, I'd address that if I were you.

I'll tell everybody what I told you. Australian Light Horsemen used their horses to travel between battlefields, rarely on them. The horses were hardly anywhere near the fighting.
"Each regiment lived and fought as a series of four-man "sections". When they went into action, three men would dismount to fight as infantry while the fourth man led the four horses to cover until they were needed for a further advance or withdrawal."
-http://www.lighthorse.org.au/resources/history-of-the-australian-light-horse/the-mounted-soldiers-of-australia

"They fought dismounted while horse-handlers took the horses to safety, then the horse-handlers returned with the horses for the troops to remount, and just as quickly retreat or retire from the battlefield."
-http://www.lighthorseart.com.au/Resources/Australian-Light-Horse.html?rnd=0.8344536950641739

If we were to have Australian Light Horsemen, they should be portrayed how they really fought, dismounted. They shouldn't be portrayed like some extreme special case like at the Battle of Beersheba.

Giving the Light Horse horse on the small battlefields of Warband wouldn't just be historically in accurate, it wouldn't be good from a gameplay point of view. How well would they function on battlefields with craters and barbed wire everywhere? And with machine gun and accurate rifles in the equation? Seriously, there's no point. There's a reason the Light Horsemen didn't use horses often in the actual fighting. Then there is also the matter of balance, Germany didn't have any cavalry at all, they were disbanded early on in the war. Austria had to disband all their cavalry as well due to poor saddles. The French even disabled a sixth of their horses by late August 1914 through awful horsemanship. That would make UK the only faction with horses.

From the sounds of it, I think you've argued your case well. But it's your mod anyway mate, at the end of the day - you're the one that decides everything; people should realise that. If you want Australian Light Horseman, go make your own mod.

TheTomdebomb said:
Hawkes said:
Rigadoon said:

From the sounds of it, I think you've argued your case well. But it's your mod anyway mate, at the end of the day - you're the one that decides everything; people should realise that. If you want Australian Light Horseman, go make your own mod.

Um... Oh Wait I was Mount & Shovel but then Rigadoon & I came to an agreement about merging yet none of my guys par gaham are on "The Team" and by the sounds of it at the moment none of us get a say.

Then obviously this is an internal matter that shouldn't be broadcasted on the forums. :smile:

Yeah, would it be possible to simply skip the ramming part when using mortars? Would add a lot more artillery fire to the battle.

Oh, and are you going to add new particle effects for the mortars/grenades? I remember one of the WW1 mods having great particle effects for the grenades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom