Native Completed North American Native League [NANL]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Name: Defenders of Faith
Representing: Defenders of Faith
Captain: Darin http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile
Co-Captain: William http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=20801
Members (including Captain and Co-Captain):
01)Darin
02)William
03)Erminas
04)Varangian
05)Duncan/Mr Bastard
06)AwesomeDude
07)CreamPie
0:cool:Gimli
09)Gandhi
10)Otttiger
11)Alec
12)NinjaMidget
13)DarkSpartan
14)

Marin Peace Bringer said:
Team Name: Defenders of Faith
Representing: Defenders of Faith
Captain: Darin http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile
Co-Captain: William http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=20801
Members (including Captain and Co-Captain):
01)Darin
02)William
03)Erminas
04)Varangian
05)Duncan/Mr Bastard
06)AwesomeDude
07)CreamPie
0:cool:Gimli
09)Gandhi
10)Otttiger
11)Alec
12)NinjaMidget
13)DarkSpartan
14)

Accepted.

Mok said:
3 min too long, make it 2 minutes imo tbh
I'll humor you. I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing is 3 minutes currently. The round is 5 minutes long and the flag spawn at 2 minutes.

And then there is this
Captain Lust said:
Helping someone to bypass a mute while on Probation seems like a really ******** stupid thing to do. Back to the Mok Cave for some contemplation.

sotamursu123 said:
Mad Dawg said:
sotamursu123 said:
Mok said:
3 min too long, make it 2 minutes imo tbh

3 minutes before flags spawn is too long, make it 2 minutes pls.

(use nubiflags and 4min rounds)
Sota...go away.  If someone wanted your opinion then...well...I don't what to do for that person except feel great shame and degradation towards them.

u like flag camping?  :eek:
NA doesn't have that big an issue with it, bro.  3 year advanced EU strats is procamp till flags.

My big deal here is stop telling the tournament admin what the hell to do.  Who are any of us to come and give a shopping list to someone who created something with a design intent.  Arrogance, imo.

3 year advanced NA is still having trouble grasping the concept of equipment drops and shield stuns.

I for one think that suggestions are perfectly fine. As long as it doesn't result in a multi-page **** fit IMO.

RoBo_CoP said:
3 year advanced NA is still having trouble grasping the concept of equipment drops
You don't know what you're talking about.  Equip drop was used long ago and benefited from the rules being used at the time.  After the shift to 1500 you don't need drops and playing plains 2 out of 3 maps leaves more need for 2 quivers than archers with shields.  It's the way the community shaped, not an ignorance to potential benefits.

Cav with xbows...2gud.

and shield stuns.
Preference in fight style over ignorance, imo.

RoBo_CoP said:
I for one think that suggestions are perfectly fine. As long as it doesn't result in a multi-page **** fit IMO.

Le Roux said:
You can always have some testing matches to test out different settings, nothing has to be set in stone.
Yeah but last time I read OP it didn't say anything about posting all your suggests.  If you really have something PM and let it go that way.  Every single tournament the first 30 pages are unasked for wishlists from people who's opinions weren't asked.

Go post in the 50 other threads dedicated to these topics.

Mad Dawg said:
Le Roux said:
You can always have some testing matches to test out different settings, nothing has to be set in stone.
Yeah but last time I read OP it didn't say anything about posting all your suggests.  If you really have something PM and let it go that way.  Every single tournament the first 30 pages are unasked for wishlists from people who's opinions weren't asked.
Was just making an observation that there are more options to determine a ruleset than to discuss them on a forum.

Le Roux said:
Mad Dawg said:
Le Roux said:
Was just making an observation that there are more options to determine a ruleset than to discuss them on a forum.
Agreed, a bit hasty to lump you in.  Apologies.

At the same time, I'm sure Will could have figured out test matches if indeed he feels things need testing.

Cleric_Johnson said:
im sure you've covered this already, but im just wondering when you plan on closing sign ups?

I want to start in early June, so sing-ups will probably be closed on the first Sunday of June, June 2nd. Thanks for asking :3

Mad Dawg said:
You don't know what you're talking about.  Equip drop was used long ago and benefited from the rules being used at the time.  After the shift to 1500 you don't need drops and playing plains 2 out of 3 maps leaves more need for 2 quivers than archers with shields.  It's the way the community shaped, not an ignorance to potential benefits.

One could argue that the potential advantage and benefit of drops could be raised or at the very least, equivalent to that of 1k. Archers and inf with best shield and weapon? yes pls.

Nord Champion said:
I want to start in early June, so sing-ups will probably be closed on the first Sunday of June, June 2nd. Thanks for asking :3

Well, that put quite the cap on things. May want to start spreading the word and getting people to sign up.

Sure you mean July and not June?

RoBo_CoP said:
Nord Champion said:

Well, that put quite the cap on things. May want to start spreading the word and getting people to sign up.

Sure you mean July and not June?

No I meant June, but I can see your point. July seems too far though, so I would rather do mid-June than early July.

RoBo_CoP said:
Mad Dawg said:

One could argue that the potential advantage and benefit of drops could be raised or at the very least, equivalent to that of 1k. Archers and inf with best shield and weapon? yes pls.
I realize that to some archers having shields codifies the deepest hallows of WB strategy.  It's been known and at times used since NA competitive inception and largely negated due to the developed play style.  Besides that, no matter what the swap is just a trade-off.  What benefits one takes from another.

Mad Dawg said:
Besides that, no matter what the swap is just a trade-off.  What benefits one takes from another.
Saying that doesn't mean that it's an even balance or that there's even a remotely even number of situations where both options would be of benefit. Not going naked is a trade off but that doesn't mean going naked is beneficial 50% of the time.

Anyway I don't care but seeing statements like this which are totally redundant, I feel the need to say something.

Mad Dawg said:
My big deal here is stop telling the tournament admin what the hell to do.  Who are any of us to come and give a shopping list to someone who created something with a design intent.  Arrogance, imo.
You're the only one being arrogant here. Do you have any reason to believe Nord Champion isn't capable of telling us not to post suggestions himself? Has he expressed anything other than encouragement and gratitude towards the suggestions posted? No? Well then lets assume that maybe he appreciates hearing them and the only person telling him what to do here is you.

Captain Lust said:
Mad Dawg said:
You're the only one being arrogant here. Do you have any reason to believe Nord Champion isn't capable of telling us not to post suggestions himself? Has he expressed anything other than encouragement and gratitude towards the suggestions posted? No? Well then lets assume that maybe he appreciates hearing them and the only person telling him what to do here is you.

Now I wouldn't say that. I think he is saying to actually give suggestions instead of saying "Round time wrong, imo. Fix now." or "6 minutes is better. Change it to that." I don't mind suggestions at all, as long as they're actually suggestions and not bickering about which system/time/rule/whatever is what they think is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom