Native Completed North American Native League [NANL]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
findecanno said:
I gotta feeling that almost all matches will come down to flag spawns now... :/
Well, the way we felt it, was that now you have the ability to be aggresive all round long.
The flag is forced anyway, so you can happily engage combat even arround the time the flag should spawn
The idea was that forced draws, and delayed flags due to a fight shouldn't happen anymore.
Also, since the round is by default in the new WNL only 4 minutes long and the flag spawns at 2 minutes, the round do go by allot faster.

The only problem with non-modded MOTF is that sometimes it just spawns for too late. One pikcup party I have in mind is where one team only had 2 players left and the other had around 8 (so an obvious win for the other team) but the flag spawned RIGHT on top of us(the two) with only 20 seconds to go and they simply coulnd't get there in time and the 2 won by MOTF. I don't know the cons of forcing flag at 2min, but I'd like to prevent the above situations from happening if possible if we are going to rely more on MOTF to keep it action packed.

Kherven said:
The only problem with non-modded MOTF is that sometimes it just spawns for too late. One pikcup party I have in mind is where one team only had 2 players left and the other had around 8 (so an obvious win for the other team) but the flag spawned RIGHT on top of us(the two) with only 20 seconds to go and they simply coulnd't get there in time and us 2 won by MOTF. I don't know the cons of forcing flag at 2min, but I'd like to prevent the above situations from happening if possible if we are going to rely more on MOTF to keep it action packed.

I am proud to say that I was one of the two.

Kherven said:
The only problem with non-modded MOTF is that sometimes it just spawns for too late. One pikcup party I have in mind is where one team only had 2 players left and the other had around 8 (so an obvious win for the other team) but the flag spawned RIGHT on top of us(the two) with only 20 seconds to go and they simply coulnd't get there in time and us 2 won by MOTF. I don't know the cons of forcing flag at 2min, but I'd like to prevent the above situations from happening if possible if we are going to rely more on MOTF to keep it action packed.

That is a very good point, I didn't even think of that. If it does spawn at 2 minutes, it will surely allow the other team to get there way before the round ends.

Orion said:
Oh, and even though I'm not playing, I think map and faction fixtures together are silly. Map fixtures are a good way to ensure more of your map pool is played, but forcing faction picks on maps limits tactical options. Having faction picks rather than fixtures also allows teams to make more strategic choices because both maps will be known ahead of time. Faction fixtures just means teams will practice each specific setup in advance, and then go through the motions for the match. There won't be any strategic surprises. :neutral:

I'd have to disagree to an extent. Faction fixtures could actually allow more strategic capability as teams may play unlikely factions on maps. Like Nord Town for example, its primarily Rhodoks vs Nords. However with the fixtures, teams may get Swadia vs Veagirs or Sarranids vs Swadia, etc. Allowing for more tactical capability. I also like the fact of teams practicing the fixtures before hand, it'll give both teams an "advantage" which would make for a interesting match.

I do understand what you're saying though, it does limit the variety and surprise of the matches but I'd rather keep what I have.

Announcement

This League will not begin until the NA 5-a-side tournament enters the Single-Elimination phase to decrease the amount of conflicts between the two. This was put up early to insure it is ready to go when the time comes.

Team Name: The Midnight Watchmen
Clan(s) and/or Organization(s) Representing: TMW
Captain (with link to TW profile): Rurin
Co-Captain (with link to TW profile): Clockwise
Members (including Captain and Co-Captain):
1) Rurin
2) Maynd
3) Beowulf
4) Blacktide
5) SotaMursu
6) Mike
7) Nomnom
:cool: Unicorn
9) Catholic/Eternal
10) Clockwise
11) Kherven
12) Kohath
13) Pegasus
14) VocalMoons

Rurin said:
Team Name: The Midnight Watchmen
Clan(s) and/or Organization(s) Representing: TMW
Captain (with link to TW profile): Rurin
Co-Captain (with link to TW profile): Clockwise
Members (including Captain and Co-Captain):
1) Rurin
2) Maynd
3) Beowulf
4) Blacktide
5) SotaMursu
6) Mike
7) Nomnom
:cool: Unicorn
9) Catholic/Eternal
10) Clockwise
11) Kherven
12) Kohath
13) Pegasus
14) VocalMoons

Accepted

Nord Champion said:
Kherven said:

That is a very good point, I didn't even think of that. If it does spawn at 2 minutes, it will surely allow the other team to get there way before the round ends.

Orion said:
Oh, and even though I'm not playing, I think map and faction fixtures together are silly. Map fixtures are a good way to ensure more of your map pool is played, but forcing faction picks on maps limits tactical options. Having faction picks rather than fixtures also allows teams to make more strategic choices because both maps will be known ahead of time. Faction fixtures just means teams will practice each specific setup in advance, and then go through the motions for the match. There won't be any strategic surprises. :neutral:

I'd have to disagree to an extent. Faction fixtures could actually allow more strategic capability as teams may play unlikely factions on maps. Like Nord Town for example, its primarily Rhodoks vs Nords. However with the fixtures, teams may get Swadia vs Veagirs or Sarranids vs Swadia, etc. Allowing for more tactical capability. I also like the fact of teams practicing the fixtures before hand, it'll give both teams an "advantage" which would make for a interesting match.

I do understand what you're saying though, it does limit the variety and surprise of the matches but I'd rather keep what I have.

Announcement

This League will not begin until the NA 5-a-side tournament enters the Single-Elimination phase to decrease the amount of conflicts between the two. This was put up early to insure it is ready to go when the time comes.

You have the same strategic capability as in any matchup. Don't mistake familiarity of a matchup as having less strategic capability. People have just explored it more due to preferences.

edit: strategic not tactical.

Tournament renamed to the North American Native League. Round time changed to 300 seconds and we will be using the 2 minute flag spawn modification. Teams may start registering now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom