Nekked Steel Succession Game

Users who are viewing this thread

dowdpride said:
right, due to extreme time restraints and a ******** annoying computer, i have to hand mine in with rather little changed. i apologize, and i will definately make them of length next time. as it is, i cant add more onto it, and have to upload it. can someone tell me how to do that?
Ogrecorps said:

Lokloklok said:
Need an account on mega upload. That what most of us use, but you could use fileshare. Once you have an account you get the save and upload it.

You do not need an account to use Megaupload. It just makes things faster.

Ogrecorps said:
Less excellent but still okay I suppose... One of these days somebody besides Axe is going to turn their chapter in on time...  :lol: So far he and Pandabomber are the only ones who've managed it and I gave Panda way too much time - cause I suck at math.  :lol:

I'm just going to point out I turned mine in like 12 hours AHEAD of time :wink:

right, just a quick update as i have not had time to do much. it will be in story mode next time, but for now just quick update.

went to laria, entered a tourney, lost. headed towards ethos, fought 3 adventure parties of 20-25 men, and 1 snake cult party of 20. then headed into laria, recieved quest to save saren from bandits, went there and kicked the ever living hell out of them

sorry again for short update, here is link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20951361/sg07.sav

Another journey of intense action.

Days 189-219

I was never a friend of warm weather. I've never gotten used to it. The smell of exotic trees and odd spices makes me mad.. I prefer the smell and taste of blood instead of trees or spices. Anyway, I made a standalone decision to move north again. My first objective was Sarleon. I just wanted to see their "great king". I asked if he had seen a group of bandits. He answered he hadn't, obviously he had just sat on his lazy ass during the whole war with the Empire. A typical king.

The next day we travelled further north, and I was aiming for Ravenstern. But I guess there are some dangers in the north too. We encountered a rather large amount of the Vanskerries, who have, as impossible as it seems like, united as one mighty army. Hah, just more proof that beer makes you intelligent. I would have gladly fought them if presented with the chance: they were probably more drunk than Alaric and his band, which is a small achievement on itself. Anyway, they seemed to have fought many battles, and unfortunately, won every one of them. I think it was rather of their numbers than their tactical awareness or skill, though...

2illtf5.jpg

I sidestepped the army easily, and their army continued on their course like they would not have seen us at all. And perhaps that was the case, although I doubt all of them were drunk.. but I may be overestimating them. Anyway, I bought some goods that there were left in Javiksholm after the Vanskerries had left the place: a small bread, hidden to a corner of the store where the Vanskerries did not spot it. Anyway, I took it and gave some coin to the storekeeper. He didn't seem to react in any way.

"Hey, here's the money."

"Money...? Eh, yes, madam.."

"My eyes are UP HERE."

"Sorry, madam."

After a brief conversation I left the store with an extra bread. I headed over to where my men were, probably getting drunk with women. I opened the door, pushed a woman out of my way and headed to the fireplace where most of the men were relaxing. I threw the bread on the ground.

"Hey, here's your dinner. Share it like proper people."

I headed over to my bedroom to get some sleep, sensing troubles ahead. How right was I. The next morning I left Javiksholm with 7 extra barclay heavy footmen I found lurking in the tavern. We had walked almost four hours under the bright sun, when a messenger arrived with a letter.

"Urgent news, madam. Hokwell of Branburg sent urgent summons, something urgent requires your attention."

"I'd have to travel south again? Perfect."
m81sue.jpg

So, I turned direction and set south with my army. The journey was easy and we didn't encounter any hostile parties, only a ragtag band of knights and militia which seemed to serve the Kingdom of Sarleon. I arrived at Branburg, only to notice something had happened to it.
2rnbj9y.jpg

"Oh, so this was the "urgent matter" he was talking about."

Anyway, I felt an urge to revenge what the enemies had done to this village. It was my village after all. The most likely people who did this are the D'shar, so I headed over to kill a few thousand of them before returning north again.

My first target was a lonely D'shar caravan.
zwhy1f.jpg

My scouts reported we were close to a D'shar village called Derakhte Ghermez. You shouldn't disturb a bear. Especially when she's named Bonkanoggin. Anyway, before I got to do any pillaging, I received my weekly report.
moe4w.jpg

So, back to the real business: raiding. We raided for one day and one night, and we received tons of loot. Perhaps I could sneak in Singal in order to sell it to the less caring merchants...
2qdnbs2.jpg

I managed to enter Singal without being noticed by any living man or woman(those who saw me are not able to talk anymore.) I sold my loot to a friendly merchant who was awaiting me.
2lxqj4.jpg

I hired 13 Singalian Spearmen when I left Singal. I decided to continue my raid. Along the way I met a nice man called Jamshid Khan. He agreed to forfeit his honour in front of me, in other words decided to fight me with his petty band of 29. Needless to say, he was defeated quickly..
apfk39.jpg

Cool shots from the fight:
18deli.jpg
NINJA KICKSLASH!!!
307rz95.jpg

After this little incident, I continued my way with another slave-prisoner to mock. I encountered a large army of D'shar led by their marshal, probably after me. I managed to escape them, and I raided a village along the way.
mtm1hj.jpg

A couple of my companions didn't seem to approve with my decisions...
34rhbmd.jpg
n3vymq.jpg

And then, finally, I became very tired. When I arrived Janos, I left the food storage's door open and went to sleep...beautiful sleep.

I woke up three days later. It was the fifth of October. There was one pergament on my table, with an official-looking seal and all, written with red and black ink.
33mxths.jpg

There was also another pergament under the larger one I had not initially noticed. I picked it up and opened it.
m81sue.jpg

So there I was again. I strode to Branburg with all haste, but this time it wasn't a raid. They had a disease called Malady in their village, so I gave them a few hundred denars. They called the Radiant Cross surgeons, and seemingly it worked like a charm. I left the village happy, and headed to Avendor. There I hear word that Sarleon and the Empire have made peace, and I also hear that a man called Syla Uzas has formed an army and now fights for the D'Shar.

Another week passed. We gained 5,000 from our enterprises and fief rents, and heard rumours that nobles are drawn to "my cause", whatever that is. Must be vanskerry nobles.

Allright. Here's some interesting images:

The visit to King Ulric..
v7tv2b.jpg
Beware the D'Shar marshal army!
rk543t.jpg

Also, the D'Shar have laid siege to Sher Quila. Syla Uzas joined the D'Shar. Wolfbode has been defeated.

I'll end this picture-full story now! Hope you enjoyed it at least a bit.

Here's the save: http://www.mediafire.com/?21lufyxuonm7z41

Nice! I really hate those Dshar. They have nothing better to do than raid Branburg. I like all the attention from the lords in Sarleon too. Good Job!  :cool:

I think it's funny that in the story Jamshid Khan attacked you but I can tell from his response it was the other way around! A very good contribution, well done!

Just remember for your next turn that the rules state there are to be no horses anywhere in the party, including Singalian Spearmen upgrading to Horsemen.

As for my turn, I won't have as much time as last time but I'll definitely get some playing done. My goal: destroy the Vanskerry army by any means necessary. I only hope we have somebody with some level of tactics in the party...  :twisted: I think my best course of action will be to follow them around until a friendly lord gets close enough to be drug into the fight then use my bow to devistating effect. Any suggestions?

Ogrecorps said:
dowdpride said:
ask politely. if that doesnt work, seduce him.
The whole Vanskerry army?!  :shock:

You assume too much, you cad! Just because I'm dressed this way (nekked) doesn't mean I'm a dirty sloot-bag!

You do sound a bit Irish there, though.

Sirkad said:
Just request a meeting with the commander and while he is busy staring at your impressive rack stab him in the face...
This idea I like much better.

Edit: Um Das Knecht, we have a problem. The save file you uploaded is on day 200. You played to 219.

Edit edit: Crap. Das Knecht's computer apparently crashed when he tried to save at day 219 so day 200 is where I start. I'm going to play up through accomplishing my goal or day 30, whichever comes first so I might be a touch late turning my chapter in because I've been waiting to see if a save for 219 existed. It'll be on time.

Edit Edit Part 2: Ughh... Das, are you running any mods I should know about that would cause your item kinds to be 1117 instead of the 1085 I have? I'm going to try the fix from the troop kinds fiasco of Sirkad's first turn.

Edit Edit Part 3: Okay, got it working on day 200 but I'd like to find a real solution like we did last time. I'd prefer not to have a tainted save getting passed around - again. Wish me luck peeps.

Chapter 13

October 8th, 354

UGGGGGHHHHHHHH... I don't know where I've been or what I've done but by the gods I hate the whole world. I feel like my head was horse-kicked about a month backwards and judging from the moans throughout this tavern all of my men feel the same way. What is wrong with me? Why do I keep drinking until I hallucinate some horrible wizard shouting at the top of his lungs "WINDOWS HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND HAS TO CLOSE!!" then punching me in the face so hard that I forget 20 days or so? Is it a social disease, something I only do when others are around? Is it some sort of coping mechanism for the terrible things I may or may not have done that I drank into non-existence? Why do I do this to myself?! I don't know but Ansen is rapping on my door.

"What the **** do you want?!" I scream at him.

"Your Heiness, I -"

"Why the hell do you keep calling me that?! Is it some crack about my ass, 'cause I'm certainly not royalty!" I realize my pun too late but it is the perfect trap to see if I can catch him. He looks honestly perplexed which only convinces me he's a sneaky little **** and I just want to hit him more.

"My captain, I'm having the strangest feeling of déjà vu here!"

I'd had enough. "What the **** does that even mean?!" I shout as I struggle between kicking and hitting him, deciding on a clumsy combination of both. He has the smarts to yelp and throw himself backwards as if really hurt. The commotion causes some of my other men to peek out of their rooms, and one of them is wearing riding boots. My fury goes red and I charge the bleary-eyed man. With many a curse at their foul pig-beasts called horses and judicious application of kicks I beat him and his dozen other Singalian cohorts out the door only to find a lone ranger trying to sneak out without beating for daring to be near me and under my command with his filthy and hateful equine. GOD HOW I HATE HORSES!!

I muster my remaining forces and find I am in Avendor, a common haunt for me. Immediately we head out to nearby Branburg which is never not in trouble. Sure enough, we arrive to find 44 bandits freely enjoying my village. They are annihilated easily and the populace nears absolutely mindless devotion to me so I recruit 15 of the more talented foot soldiers, start the village on another project to improve itself, and we head out in search of some silly little group of bandits I was reminded I'm supposed to be finding and killing. With a sighting by one of my fellow lords we head the right direction and encounter an idiot mob of 15 Vanskerries who apparently think they are close enough to be noticed by the massive raider army when they attack us just past dusk. They are wrong. I kill half of them myself, my men handle the rest. In the morning we shall see if the bandits I am seeking are nearby or more likely have taken shelter in the army below. If the latter is the case I guess we'll just have to get them to chase us a bit until we can be reinforced by allies.

2011110400001z.jpg

2011110400003.jpg

2011110400004.jpg

October 13, 354
It took a little doing but here we are, dividing up the loot from nearly 700 dead Vanskerry assholes. Thanks to the assistance of Earl Aedin Redsword and his 190 men, we were able to finish these fools in only 2 sittings. With 127 confirmed kills from the second battle and another 15 probable ones from the first - nearly 1/5 of their total number - I feel confident in claiming the title of MVAW (Most Valuable Ass-Whooper). And we didn't even lose that many men in the second battle! The first with Hairybreeks was ill-advised though we did whittle their numbers down by 79.

Piss-ant Vanskerries
2011110400007.jpg

The first sitting with Hairybreeks and his 89 men. 79 enemies killed.
2011110400012n.jpg

2011110400013.jpg

2011110400014.jpg

2011110400030.jpg

The second sitting with Redsword and his 190 men. 619 enemies killed, 3 wounded.
2011110400066.jpg

2011110400064.jpg

2011110400071.jpg

2011110400073.jpg

Last man alive running to stay that way. He failed although in my attempts to hit him I unhorsed a Valkyrie chasing him.
2011110400079.jpg

2011110400080.jpg

2011110400081.jpg

I can't miss!
2011110400086.jpg

2011110400090.jpg

2011110400091.jpg

2011110400096.jpg

2011110400098.jpg

We proceed to Valonbray now to accept our reward for eliminating the Vanskerry threat, however, I notice a large swath of trampled grass, sign of several hundred of my sword brothers headed toward D'Shar lands. The reward can wait, we follow our brothers to war. We walk for several hours when suddenly, a voice booms out of the sky: "End your persecution of my raiding Vanskerries or incur the wrath of HafSigla!" Barely had this pathetic deity finished speaking when I roared into the cowering silence around me, up at the sky and incredulous that some god would dare claim the scum we just obliterated as his chosen people "BRING IT ON, ****-FACE!!" Some of the men burst out laughing despite themselves but quickly I am joined by a shouting, jeering mob, waving fists in the air and making all manner of rude suggestion. I snort my disgust, spit on the ground and order the men back to marching with the command "Let's go kill us some desert goats and see if THEY have a patron piss-god too!"

2011110400099.jpg

October 15, 354

The first goats we happen to find are attempting to raid Yule. We chase them away and engage them in the field, crushing them with ease.

2011110400101.jpg

2011110400105.jpg

2011110400108.jpg

2011110400110.jpg

October 16, 354

We catch up to our brothers besieging Sange Safid and find two more enemy goat-lovers lurking about the area. We dispatch their troops, capture them.

2011110400115.jpg

2011110400116.jpg

2011110400117.jpg

Unfortunately, our allies seem intent on taking their sweet time on the siege, so we seek adventure elsewhere. We have found a castle with a mere 200 D'Shar ****heads in it. We are going to kill them though without Diev's help as he feels he is of better use elsewhere in this world.

2011110400120.jpg

2011110400121.jpg

She's holding the bow a little funny because she is also falling down the ladder...
2011110400123.jpg

2011110400128.jpg

2011110400129.jpg

2011110400130.jpg

2011110400131.jpg

2011110400133.jpg

2011110400134.jpg

2011110400136.jpg

2011110400137.jpg

2011110400138.jpg

2011110400139.jpg

2011110400141.jpg

2011110400140.jpg

2011110400142.jpg

2011110400143.jpg

Our fun is interrupted by the single smart D'Shar lord, he chases us away which is just as well as Branburg is being raided by some fool. We rush back just barely in time to rally the villagers and put the enemy to the sword.

2011110400146.jpg

2011110400148.jpg

2011110400149.jpg

2011110400150.jpg

2011110400151.jpg

2011110400152.jpg

Final Condition
Allegiance:Fierdsvain
Wealth/renown/level/day:107027/828/29/210
Fiefs:Branburg
Party size and composition/Companions:83; 2/3 heavy ranged, 1/3 heavy infantry. Companions: Ansen, Kassim, Julia, Donavan, Adonja, Ediz, Sara, Riva, and Jocelyn. Someone added Diev and he has already quit because both people he hates are in the party and more important than him.
Combat inclinations:Polearm, bow
Save File: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GP4OTK5R
Character or save notes:Only played 10 days but got 2 levels and 3 lords. Also almost took a castle by myself. Oh, and destroyed the Vanskerry army. Haven't turned in the quest though. The party is battered and I think the inventory if full of loot I didn't sell.
Author's Notes: I am a bit grumpy and my shoulder really hurts so I didn't feel like playing much but fulfilled my promise to rid us of that accursed quest.

Das Knecht was using a weapons mod that added 32 items to the game, making his save file unplayable unless one modifies their own items_kinds1.txt or replaces it with the one I included with the save file. Also, due to a computer crash his save file only runs up to day 200 so that the both of us combined have only added 21 days to the character and both of our saves are now corrupt in the sense that they cannot be played without modifying/replacing files.

The question is this: Do you guys want to have to mod your .txt files from now until the end of Nekked steel - or until a cure is found - or just revert to dowdpride's unmodded save? The order of players would continue and all of both my and Das' chapters would be considered what the last 19 days of his already are: an alternate reality that could have been but never was.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to read the rules before participating.

woo, good job with the Vanskerries :smile:
And a funny introduction :smile:

Das Knecht, next time try to place smaller screenshots :razz: try use this if you don't feel well in editing:
Code:
[IMG]http://something/sshot.gif[/IMG]
you can change '1024' to different value

Back
Top Bottom