Lvl 16
2011102100001r.jpg

Lvl 24
2011102200005x.jpg

Lvl 28
2011110400105.jpg

All I did was triple Agility and Athletics

2011100500009.jpg

Reminder how it works: Succession Games are games played by multiple people, one after another, in succession. So, 1 person starts a character, plays it, uploads the save, and someone else picks it up and plays, uploading the save when they are done for someone to continue. A little story is appreciated.

All the rules are the same:
1) Take this as seriously or sillyously as you like
2) Each turn = 48 RL hours 30 in-game days, or until you post it up. I will be editing the title of this thread to show who's turn it is and when it is up in whatever timezone this forum is in. If someone posts up and I haven't updated the thread title or PM'd you and it's your turn, go for it. I'll catch up.
3) If you want to be added to the list of eligible players, just say so and I'll add you on. When your turn comes up, you'll have 24 hours to respond (you will be notified in PM) before you get kicked to the back of the list and the next player gets a shot. If you can't do it now, but can in a few days, say so and you'll be bumped back a slot or two instead of all the way to the end.
4) Currently we are keeping it linear meaning 1 person at a time, wait for your turn. Once we see how this goes we might open it up to allow parallel episodes and multiple realities but we'll see.
5) Once we run out of volunteers, we start the list over again. New players are welcomed at any time but will be added to the list just behind the current player.
6) Write a little, write a lot, I don't care but be sure to have some fun with it. Screen shots are appreciated but not mandatory.
7) No character modding.

Character-Specific Rules:
1) No horses ever. Not for your troops, inventory, self, or companions. Sell any you get ASAP.
2) Maximum of 4lbs of armor. I suggest focusing on helmets. Shields don't count.
3) I exported, modded, and imported Nekked to get her stats high enough to be playable but no more modding!
4) You can save without quitting in this one because the character is tough to play - especially in PoP - and there is only so much you are going to be able to do no matter what. Plus, you often need max health to get anything done so getting pwnd because of a mistake and then having to spend 3 days resting just to F up again gets REALLY old and fast.
5) The final condintion matrix I added at the bottom is not mandatory but appreciated.
6) All fights with drunks in taverns must be done with the wooden stick I left in the inventory.

My Suggestions/Notes:
1) Speed is your shield. Nekked Steel runs faster backwards than anyone runs forwards.
2) Keep a spear of some sort in the inventory for dead-stopping horses.
3) Though I suggest a 1h weapon for speed, I left a 2h in the inventory.
4) Never run straight at archers. Head to one side, get close, wait for them to fire and then pounce on them.
5) I stopped in Singal because I found both Riva and Sara the Fox and didn't feel like making decisions for you guys.
6) Charge enemies, lure them into attacking and step back out of their range then smack 'em!

Turns List:
Lokloklok (out of the loop until further notice)
AxeMaster3
Sirkad
Das Knecht
dowdpride
Ogrecorps

How-To's

Special Note: Always make sure you have the latest PoP updates and hotfixes. The most recent is the Sept 21 hotfix. Without the same exact module files the save-games cannot be played. Also, unless you definitely know what you are doing I would not recommend modding your PoP as it might also cause compatibility errors. Play on a clean and up-to-date PoP to avoid issues.

Submitted Chapters
Chapter    AuthorDays
1 Ogrecorps    1-6
2Pandabomber6-36
3Lokloklok36-40
4HUtH40-44
5AxeMaster344-81
6Sirkad81-94
7akuthia94-119
8.1Ogrecorps119-120
8.2Ogrecorps120-148
9HUtH148-157
10AxeMaster3157-187
11dowdpride187-189
12Das Knecht189-219
13Ogrecorps200-210
14AxeMaster3189-221

No horses? Sign me up. I always run infantry only army's and characters and am always light on armor as possible and love axes. This is like the perfect character for me.

Lokloklok said:
No horses? Sign me up. I always run infantry only army's and characters and am always light on armor as possible and love axes. This is like the perfect character for me.
Yep, this is a popular build requested other times I've tried to do succession games but I just never modded the character before to make it viable. Playing this character from the beginning is SEVERELY depressing because you never get anything done, just shot by arrows.

Also, quickish way to make money with a fast character like this is in the arena melee fights. Just jump in and run in circles, let them fight each other. Well, at least that's the theory. 3 times now I've gotten all the remaining guys chasing me instead of fighting each other. Then they end up bunched up and it gets tough to deal with them. I... haven't actually beaten it yet but I got to only 2 guys left and 1 hit me for my last 2 hp after a fient. Jerk.

Sorry, not trying to spam your thread or anything just want to post my admiration on this type of thing. I love the idea and wish I could join (My own computer can't connect to the internet atm) but I hope you guys will post a good amount of info/screenshots. I would love to follow this story!

-Srkad

Sirkad said:
Sorry, not trying to spam your thread or anything just want to post my admiration on this type of thing. I love the idea and wish I could join (My own computer can't connect to the internet atm) but I hope you guys will post a good amount of info/screenshots. I would love to follow this story!

-Srkad

Well, mayhaps you can dl the save file elsewhere onto a memory stick and take it home...? Regardless, I appreciate the support and hope you get your internet fixed soon so you can join in the fun.

As for the screenshots... Well... This morning as I was working out the details of Nekked I took about 90 of them. I whittled that down to 45. I'll look at them again and see if I can get that down further but I promise I only include screenies with a purpose. And I swear I'm going to try to take on a pack of vanskerry again - alone. It was those pesky outlaws that shot me with bows that caused so much trouble...  :grin:

sounds like fun, too bad I'm in the middle of the game. 10 athletics must be really fun to play with

bQt said:
sounds like fun, too bad I'm in the middle of the game. 10 athletics must be really fun to play with
I'm here to tell you it's a BLAST. I kid you not, she runs faster backwards than just about anyone forwards. I got the idea from the 1750 (?) Old Frontier mod wherein you START with high athletics and agility against enemies with inaccurate and slow muskets. The best thing is that there is an axe with 75c and 110 speed. BEAUTIFUL. Just run up, chop chop chop til your fingers can't chop no mo!

Plus, a lot of people have requested a hardcore foot soldier. Maximum of 4lbs of armor and absolutely no horses is pretty hardcore.

As for being in the middle of a game, I don't see why you can't enjoy this a little too. I'll give you a slot if you want, play it enough to have SOMEthing to say, then pass it along. You might find you like the thrill of circling Vanskerries until they run out of stuff to throw then dodging in to face-axe one before running out again. It's very liberating to have the control of being on foot and also being almost too fast to catch.  :grin:

I'm gonna download this and play it by myself. This looks pretty darn fun imho. If I like it, I'll tell you to sign me up!

Fidelity said:
I'm gonna download this and play it by myself. This looks pretty darn fun imho. If I like it, I'll tell you to sign me up!
Excellent. You're hired.

Funnest activities I have discovered so far:

The melee fights in the arena are great practice for how to use a highly agile character. You can charge forward without blocking and step back as they swing then whack 'em in the head!

Take on some Vanskerries all by yourself. Run around them until they have nothing left to shoot, watch out for hte archers that wander away from the main group and have not only better aim but more ammo, dip in to do some face-axing real quick or run to one corner, then the opposite corner and take them on 1 at a time as they are all spread out.

Is anything below 10 body defense count as armor? Cause I don't like running around completely "nekked", yet most body armor ways more then that 4 pounds. Anything below the above doesn't do anything much to stop any type of hit.

Fidelity said:
Is anything below 10 body defense count as armor? Cause I don't like running around completely "nekked", yet most body armor ways more then that 4 pounds. Anything below the above doesn't do anything much to stop any type of hit.
Anything you put on your body is armor and falls under the 4lb max. Weapons and shields don't count. There are a few entirely pathetic shirts and things that fall under 4lbs but they are as good as useless. My recommendation would be to learn to use her speed as a shield. Archers have a hard time hitting her when strafing (running diagonally instead of directly at the target, switching directions when they are reloading) and she can outrun anything that wants to melee except horses.

Added weight is decreased speed so though you think you are adding protection with armor, you are actually making yourself an easier target, they will hit you more often and no matter the armor, the choice between being hit 5% of the time or 80% is no choice at all - and I didn't make up those numbers. I once had a heavily armed footman and hated it because he was SOOO slow and so very much at the mercy of EVERYTHING. 80% of attacks directed at me hit me or my shield. With Nekked and her stay light philosophy I took on 18 Vanskerries and outlaws and killed 4. They fired every arrow, javelin, and axe they had and only hit me 4 times, the 4th being a 50dmg axe to the head because that squirrely bastard faked me out. Some 1H proficiency better than 89 would have been nice but she was still only a level 1 that day.

All that said, since the primary goal here is fun, do as you please; especially since you are just trying it out for now. However, I request that you stick to the rules if you are going to post a chapter and also please wait for a turn.

I would rather have a completely pathetic shirt then a naked person running around. Its not the lack of armor bothering me right now, its the lack of... coverage?  :roll:

Anyway, I started this on my own, and had an absolutely great start. First thing I did was practice in the arena for a while, get used to how fast she is, and so on. After that, went to the tavern asked Ashton for rumors, and got a awesome start when he said that he had found a Red Brotherhood Cache. I went there first, got completely ****ed by the Red Brotherhood. I reloaded my save, headed to the nearest town, and bought a bent light crossbow, a cheap supply of bolts, and headed back. Took a while, but I got all the Guildsmen and looted the cache. Now, 9 days in, I have a Qualis gem, a badass helmet, and a plenty of loot/good weps, etc. I'll end up selling most of the armor since I can't wear it, although I'll probably keep the helmet for now. The refugee is dead.  :mad:

Fidelity said:
I would rather have a completely pathetic shirt then a naked person running around. Its not the lack of armor bothering me right now, its the lack of... coverage?  :roll:

Anyway, I started this on my own, and had an absolutely great start. First thing I did was practice in the arena for a while, get used to how fast she is, and so on. After that, went to the tavern asked Ashton for rumors, and got a awesome start when he said that he had found a Red Brotherhood Cache. I went there first, got completely ****ed by the Red Brotherhood. I reloaded my save, headed to the nearest town, and bought a bent light crossbow, a cheap supply of bolts, and headed back. Took a while, but I got all the Guildsmen and looted the cache. Now, 9 days in, I have a Qualis gem, a badass helmet, and a plenty of loot/good weps, etc. I'll end up selling most of the armor since I can't wear it, although I'll probably keep the helmet for now. The refugee is dead.  :mad:

LOL, nice work. You want to join up and get a turn now? You can keep playing this all you want and then just hop on the train when it gets to your stop.

Good to know that gem quest might just be there... I don't know when it's decided what rumors a traveller has but I'm gonna give it a shot... As per the refugee... Well, I knew he wasn't up to, well, being as immortal as Nekked - or, excuse me, 'Steel...'

Edit: It just occurred to me that the guy who started the "EPIC START" thread just got beaten out in awesomeness by you, Fidelity. Just go to Rane and get the Qualis gem there and you'll have 2 gems in like 2 weeks in a character that's pretty much nekked!

Double post in my own thread for the First Chapter!

Merchant of Jarviksholm - THE merchant of Jarviksoholm, that is - March 22, 354, early o'clock am:
"I awoke this morning to find a squalling woman in an alley clawing at clothing she appeared to be surprised she was wearing. Just as I peeked my head out to see this mess in greater detail some random thug came running at her, apparently bent on helping her out of her furs or whatever that shapeless mass was. Quick as a wink, she flicked 4 throwing knives into him - to death. Where the knives came from, I don't know but it seemed to inspire her to an idea: use a blade to cut the hated clothing off. However, instead of using one of the easily handled throwing knives, she opted to use her AXE. I shake my head at the memory, confused.

She eventually managed to shred the offending garment and I admit a degree of interest to see what she had underneath but never did I expect such an expertly crafted set of underoos! Excepting the fur boots she still on, her apparel seemed like it would be suited for a much warmer climate, someplace with beaches and cocoanuts... Wait, what? What are cocoanuts? I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. But that woman belonged in a swimming pool - what?! - a sanitarium - oh my gods, what is a sanitarium?! That doesn't exist in this world! Bikini! She was wearing a bikini! Ah! The words I say I don't understand! Her madness is contagious!

Moving right along: Now, it is my custom to send strangers out of town looking for my fictitious son or daughter with 300 denars but that is merely because the merchant class doesn't like strangers. This woman, however, I could clearly see was absolutely insane and would not be taking the money so I saved myself the time and effort and just closed my shutters, went back to bed to the baying of a half-naked lunatic that the guard would no doubt throw out soon enough anyway.

Everybody does this at least once, right?
2011100500064.jpg

Glamour shot!
2011100500002.jpg

First Battle
2011100500010.jpg

2011100500011.jpg

Second Battle (big mistake but quite fun)
2011100500013.jpg

Gotta look close but the hillside in front of her is covered in axes and arrows
2011100500018.jpg

2011100500021.jpg

2011100500024.jpg

They ran out of arrows, I had not. Only got this 1 good shot in though.
2011100500026.jpg

Leading the conga line to spread them out and get opportunities for ineffectual bow shots. With a better bow and proficiency Nekked is going to be DANGEROUS. A halberd for dead stopping horses and then taking their heads off, a fast 1h weapon, a BA bow and large quiver of Noldor arrows... Yes indeedy.
2011100500027.jpg

2011100500028.jpg

Making the first stand. Got 1 good shot in, turned and ran before he could recover.
2011100500031.jpg

Second stand but at least that blood on his helmet is his... Remember she is level 1 so even hitting him and getting away with it once is pretty cool.
2011100500032.jpg

Picked off the weak ones first.
2011100500033.jpg

First mission!
2011100500035.jpg

Oops. Those damn feints always get me! This is why I don't play online.
2011100500036.jpg

Trying out the arena!
2011100500038.jpg

2011100500039.jpg

That dude scared the hell outta me, had no idea he was there. Thank god he was merely an archer and not a 2 hander!
2011100500043.jpg

Got a sword and shield, 11 opponents left, 3 of which are fighting over there... We might make it this time!
2011100500045.jpg

Look closely: they are all turning toward me. :sad:
2011100500048.jpg

Bastards! Fight each other! I'll be with you in just a minute!
2011100500049.jpg

Running, running, running, hoping they'll fight each other like they're SUPPOSED TO!! Jerks.
2011100500051.jpg

2011100500052.jpg

Ran past that several times laughing but only managed to capture the make-out session on this one pass.
2011100500053.jpg

Turtle Status achieved! These shields are so damn pathetic...
2011100500054.jpg

That's right, pwnd by two archers with daggers...
2011100500055.jpg

BASTARDS! NOT AGAIN!
2011100500058.jpg

2011100500059.jpg

Took two of them down this time at least...
2011100500060.jpg

Yay! Dead bandits! Good times with the Refugee...
2011100500075.jpg

Oh hell yes. This is going to be fun... This one's for you, Pandabomber!
2011100500076.jpg

Didn't have the lady-balls to go with only fists though with her speed might have pulled it off...
2011100500077.jpg

At this point I jogged Ms. Steel down to Siglad and gave her up to Pandabomber but found that I couldn't NOT play Nekked after giving her up. So we went to the arena again! Siglad has a very nice one for being a corrupted and rotten hell-hole...
2011100600001.jpg

2011100600002w.jpg

The other two got shot...
2011100600003.jpg

Some more jerkwads...
2011100600005.jpg

2011100600006.jpg

It took a few tries and in the end I decided to leave the bow, spear, and arrows in the chest since I wasn't going to try to go xbow vs bow and there weren't any horses in need of a clobbering and every little bit of weight encumbrance counts. Also used my troops as a decoy and came up behind the bandits.
2011100600007.jpg

A different group, similar plan but with more hills to keep them from seeing me. They are on the other side of this one right in front.
2011100600008.jpg

Oh, this is going to be good... If only I had a huge axe to bring down from behind...
2011100600009.jpg

2011100600010.jpg

2011100600011.jpg

Final Condition
Allegiance:None
Wealth/renown/level/day:2890/10/2/6
Fiefs:None
Party size and composition/Companions:2, 1 refugee
Combat inclinations:1h weapons, bow
Save File:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GYFYY23E
Character or save notes:See above.
Author's Notes: TBD