[NC2012] - Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Broomstick said:
I honestly don't understand why most teams want 5 rounds?
If a North/South American team plays vs a European team I'd think the match to be as short as possible because the euro's are forced to play later than normally. BeNe had issues with the Canada match for instance, we started 30 minutes late and we ended ~ 22:30 (Dutch time) and we also had to do a tiebreaker which normally should have taken longer and we would have ended ~ 23:00.

Because of the longer tiebreakers it's simply not viable for me, especially because I'm forced to stay awake longer while I'd have school the next day (except on Saturday and Friday but then my team can't get enough players)

Not the point. The point is most teams voted for more than 4, but the rules changed to 4 in spite of it. Was the poll worth nothing?

Mr.X said:
Not the point. The point is most teams voted for more than 4, but the rules changed to 4 in spite of it. Was the poll worth nothing?

The rules were originally set to 4 rounds, the poll is to change it back to 5 (and hasn't ended yet).
>Just the way the poll is worded

crazyboy11 said:
Mr.X said:

The rules were originally set to 4 rounds, the poll is to change it back to 5 (and hasn't ended yet).

Maynd said:
The  4 rounds was a rule from the beginning X, it was never changed. Now, its this votes we gonna move to 5 rounds set.

Ah yes. The whole "Should it be reduced to 4" made me a little confused...

Either way only 14 of the 23 teams signed up so far (signed up meaning has a captain I guess, as that seems to be how the votes are being handled) have a post in the Team Information thread, and they're all spread out over several pages and it's annoying to find. I'm assuming a thread that has all the teams with rosters and stuff in one place (preferable the OP) will be set up on Wednesday?

Mr.X said:
crazyboy11 said:
Mr.X said:

Maynd said:
The  4 rounds was a rule from the beginning X, it was never changed. Now, its this votes we gonna move to 5 rounds set.
Either way only 14 of the 23 teams signed up so far (signed up meaning has a captain I guess, as that seems to be how the votes are being handled) have a post in the Team Information thread, and they're all spread out over several pages and it's annoying to find. I'm assuming a thread that has all the teams with rosters and stuff in one place (preferable the OP) will be set up on Wednesday?

I agree. We must have a post with all the teams with their full roster etc.

Ok,since the deadline is today,when will the NC groups be ready?
And,another one:Some teams(our team too)have a numbered bannerpack(made by themselves).So can we use that bannerpack in the NC or we must use Tommy's?Make no mistake banners in our numbered pack are same as Tommy's(so all credits go to him)i just added numbers from 1-15 for our members to choose.
Either way all NC banners look great,but i just want to clarify what we can or can't use :wink:

Mad Dawg said:
Broomstick said:
(except on Saturday and Friday but then my team can't get enough players)
If you can't field 8 out 16 players on the weekend then you just need a new team.

Well, of course I can field 8 guys.. but because some of them have to change schedules to make it etc, it's just inconvenient.

Just wondering about the allowance for matches to be shorter. Could that not be a problem, where round difference is potentially a significant factor? I understand that 20 rounds can be forced but where they're not, it's likely the losing team will have an advantage over a team that loses in a 20 round match.

Gulatr said:
How are the matches between Russia/Khazakstan (far east), and NA/SA be handled?

Russia/Turkey v.s. North American teams will be held on either a Parisian or a UK server, depending on which gives the most even/best pings to both. In the case of Russia/Turkey v.s. South American teams however, the teams in question will have to test which servers would be viable, however I'd imagine it will have to be EU servers.

Zoltanus said:
Maynd said:
Like Alexander said, teams like Brasil join at their own risk and willing to play

Does that still mean that 50% will be played on EU and 50% on SA?

As with matches between Russia/Turkey and North America, a home/away system is hardly appropriate, so the best possible middle-ground will have to be found.

Mr.X said:
EDIT: Recounted. Only got 13 this time. I didn't realize that one of them, apparently, wasn't a real team (the one by the banned polish guy), and I must've miscounted. So...wtf? 15 votes from 13 teams? Or is the information just not organized in a way that normal people can find it easily and understand it?

At the moment, the information in this sub-forum is laid out in a way for my best personal convenience. This will be changed however.

Erminas said:
Either way all NC banners look great,but i just want to clarify what we can or can't use :wink:

No one has to use the banner-pack.

pro.faiL said:
If we start the NC with 15 members, we can add +1 as free when we want?

Nope. As soon as the team submission deadline has passed, adding new players counts as a substitution.

captain lust said:
Just wondering about the allowance for matches to be shorter. Could that not be a problem, where round difference is potentially a significant factor? I understand that 20 rounds can be forced but where they're not, it's likely the losing team will have an advantage over a team that loses in a 20 round match.

Play-offs rather than round difference is being used, as mentioned somewhere previously in this thread.

Will there be a system to avoid best teams to be confronted together directly and risk unlucky elimination?

We can base ourselves upon last Nations Cup to make group stage at equal levels.

I mean we should avoid to have Poland-France-Turkey-USA fighting together in group A, and Switzerland Gambia and Uruguay in group B.

This shouldnt be put too far otherwise it would be unfair for good teams who performed badly last year, but at least taken a bit in account.

arsenic_vengeur said:
Will there be a system to avoid best teams to be confronted together directly and risk unlucky elimination?

We can base ourselves upon last Nations Cup to make group stage at equal levels.

I mean we should avoid to have Poland-France-Turkey-USA fighting together in group A, and Switzerland Gambia and Uruguay in group B.

This shouldnt be put too far otherwise it would be unfair for good teams who performed badly last year, but at least taken a bit in account.

But then there's also good teams last year that are bad this year... (Swe, BeNe)

Tell me, what is the tactical purpose of this great portion of the NC deemed competitive map pool.

mb379.jpg

mb378.jpg

mb377.jpg

mb376.jpg

mb375.jpg

mb374.jpg

mb373.jpg

mb372.jpg

It seems like some of these "competitive" maps are ridiculously one-side, camp friendly, not-well-thought-out maps.

To limit the movement  of cavalry a little and make fighting in the streets more viable.

Nobody is claiming the ENL maps are perfect, but neither are the normal native maps. In fact I'd go so far as to say that in general the ENL maps are better for competitive play than the ones that come in the box.

captain lust said:
Mr.X said:
It seems like some of these "competitive" maps are ridiculously one-side, camp friendly, not-well-thought-out maps.
inorite. Should really get rid of Port Assault, Village, Ruined Fort and Snowy Village.

Agreed.
Except for Ruined Fort. Cause that one's pretty balanced. Everyone just hates it.

Back
Top Bottom