[NC2012] - Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

pro.faiL said:
Q: Can a team change members after 8 rounds (before 2nd map)?

"Substitutes are only allowed at the spawn and faction switch, the map change and at the start of sudden death. Teams are allowed to have one player join once to replace another in the event of a crash or other technical difficulty, in every four round leg. If a second player drops, or the same player drops again, they may not rejoin and must wait as a spectator, until the end of the 4 round leg."

Maynd said:
Regarding ID checking?

I have plans.

This is the question from captains poll thread:
Should the number of rounds in a set be reduced to 4?
So,can someone tell me exactly what does it mean(I completely understand question.Only thing that confuses me is word "set".What does it mean in game?)
Does "set" mean one map or does it mean one faction played over one map(So one map has two sets?)

Gulatr said:
How are the matches between Russia/Khazakstan (far east), and NA/SA be handled?
For NA match, if all your members ping like you (90+) I believe it should be played all on Paris server where NA team will have 90 + pings and your team as well.

Z3ro said:
Gulatr said:
For NA match, if all your members ping like you (90+) I believe it should be played all on Paris server where NA team will have 90 + pings and your team as well.

That is reasonable, will that also work for the SA guys?

Gulatr said:
Z3ro said:
Gulatr said:

That is reasonable, will that also work for the SA guys?
Highly doubt it, since they get like 150 + ping on NA NYC server.

Since there are servers designated and substitution allowed, will you be checking ID's?

Cause people just might let non-listed players play as a listed player without using the substitution thread and you wouldn't even know. Kinda renders the maximum player limit useless.

Mok said:
Matches between SA, and EU will have to be played in NA, so that pings can be balanced.

No, theres nothing on the rule-set stating that. Like Alexander said, teams like Brasil join at their own risk and willing to play on EU servers.

Servers outside of the EU may be permitted, for matches involving North America. For these teams, an event admin will be on hand to decide which servers are used, on a case by case basis. A potential match between a North American team and a Turkish or Russian team will likely have to take place on a server in France or at best the United Kingdom. It's doubly important in this case that teams make sure they have checked out the server they plan to use beforehand.

+

Alex_C said:
captain lust said:
Wait, you're actually allowing an Australian team? What's the point?

If they are willing to play on European servers, they're more than welcome to join.

Zoltanus said:
Maynd said:
Like Alexander said, teams like Brasil join at their own risk and willing to play

Does that still mean that 50% will be played on EU and 50% on SA?

If that's so I'd honestly prefer to play with 80-110 ping (NA server) for 16 rounds instead of 200+ ping for 8 rounds and -20 ping (just for me, most BeNe players have +30 ping in europe) for 8 rounds.

So, I counted 15 teams in the "Team Information Thread" (which was really annoying because I had to scroll through it. There really should be a list somewhere, with full rosters) and there are 15 votes in the Captain's Poll's thread. 9 votes for not 4 rounds, and 6 votes for 4 rounds. Why are we still using 4?

EDIT: Recounted. Only got 13 this time. I didn't realize that one of them, apparently, wasn't a real team (the one by the banned polish guy), and I must've miscounted. So...wtf? 15 votes from 13 teams? Or is the information just not organized in a way that normal people can find it easily and understand it?

I honestly don't understand why most teams want 5 rounds?
If a North/South American team plays vs a European team I'd think the match to be as short as possible because the euro's are forced to play later than normally. BeNe had issues with the Canada match for instance, we started 30 minutes late and we ended ~ 22:30 (Dutch time) and we also had to do a tiebreaker which normally should have taken longer and we would have ended ~ 23:00.

Because of the longer tiebreakers it's simply not viable for me, especially because I'm forced to stay awake longer while I'd have school the next day (except on Saturday and Friday but then my team can't get enough players)

Back
Top Bottom