Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ringwraith #5 said:
Your interpretation relies on prior knowledge of M&B. And while a lot of players of M&B2 will be coming from M&B1, I think it's fair to say they'd buy M&B2 regardless of what it was called. The point of the name is therefore to catch the eye of new players, and IMO a nonsense word like this isn't the best way to do that.

I dunno, but I doubt the game will just be sold as Bannerlord. Meaning, you know, that new players will also see Mount&Blade in the name as well, which would probably give quite the indication of what was in the game. And if that wasn't enough, there will also be a II there, meaning they can also check out the first one if they weren't all that sure. So I'm pretty sure it will catch the attention of new players.

Saying that, Bannerlord does sound fairly silly but it works in the context of the game. So I don't give a rat's arse about how silly it is.

Well, I have a feeling it maybe translated from Turkish. In Turkish it can be translated as Sancak Beyi, which was at old times meant Governor-General of big provinces.

See zis for further info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjak

Im guessing this hints at a much more intricate faction structure, maybe even allowing lords to have lesser knights who also own land serving them. hence allowing the to call their banners.

Swordmaster said:
Well, I have a feeling it maybe translated from Turkish. In Turkish it can be translated as Sancak Beyi, which was at old times meant Governor-General of big provinces.

See ancalimon for further info
Fixed.

MadVader said:
"Sancak Beyi" means "The Big Cheese" says Google.
Isn't "bayrak" banner?

Edit: Ah, got it, "sancak"=banner too.

:lol: Somebody's up to something!

Bayrak is mostly used for "flag". While sancak is for "banner" and most of the time, flaggy things that are associated with the military.

So dis new gamme got releaseed and I saw it was called banner lord. Dis made me reely angry cus Skyrrim is reel word also it meens magical horse in norse wich everyone noes.. Dis is relevent becccuse makin up word like abnner lord is stoopid and nobody will by de game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom