[MBS] - SoD: Journals

What theme interests you the most in "SoD: Journals" ?

• The characters

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • The cultural backgrounds

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • The battles

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • The political schemes

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • The "conspiracy"

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Everything !

Votes: 50 45.5%
  • Nothing, it's all lame (then why do you read it, huh ? :P )

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Look more closely. The "writer" is NOT calling Antarians cowards, he merely points out that the popular explaination behind regular Antarian tactics ("using shield is cowardice") makes no sense because there are more practical and logical reasons behind it (which are further explained in the writing). Though I admit, it's probably not apparent at first. Also take into consideration that the writer is Roman so he sees things differently than an Antarian would, even if he stays neutral in tone and judges by facts, not prejudices.

I like to depict Antaria as a mighty and noble country, but I also want to avoid showing them too fairy-tale like. I used this "opportunity" with the Military Lessons to show that Antaria is/was not all-powerful and had more reason behind victories/losses than morality (though it also played a vital role). Hope it's clear now  :grin:

On another note, two new parts are up !

Alfonso Malo, leader of the Conquistadors goes nostalgic over how he got to Calradia. Secondly, you may read a new part of Military Lessons, this time about Marina. Man, I just like going into details behind army structures; hope you guys do as well  :mrgreen:

Oh I see, but I still don't like him. :lol:

Nice update! I really enjoy your works, I hope you keep this up for many SoD times to come! :grin:

Yay! dude, youre awesome. You should write a book! Dunno, called, Sword of Damocles?
Nice work, nice inventive, that's someone who puts passion in what he does.

Amazing series MorrisB, one request though is that the next military culture be the villanese. Also a question if I can which faction is your favorite and why?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the votes and feedback in my absence. Sorry for the lack of updates, but university is tought, especially since I was sick for a few days so I had/have to do a lot of catching-up. However I'll promise to put up a couple of new parts soon. It was about time the Zerrikanians and the Marinans took some steps towards independency *wink* *wink*

@Caleb ConDoin: I proceed as I see fit from the aspect of story development. But good news for you: I planned to skip the Romans for the time being in the first place meaning you'll get what you wished for  :wink:

My favourite faction is Marina (even if it is not obvious from the story). Their crossbowmen are fine, and the polearm-bearing infantry are big fun to play with - they are good, but not overpowered, meaning you still enjoy the challenge in open field battles. Plus it's extreme fun to watch what they can do in sieges  :twisted:  The lack of heavy cavalry and shield-bearing melee troops enforces the player to think carefully about tactics or hire mercenaries. All in all, something I'd recommand for talented but not highly-professional players. On a different note, since they are a republic by origin it riddled me what could it be like for them to see their political system as a failure (puppet government). Too bad MnB: SoD does not support such a deep cultural insight as of yet.

Thanks bro. And I hope you'll get your inspiration (back) sometime soon, especially since I've read some of your stuff lately (you need to improve in grammar IMO, but otherwise it's good even if I didn't bother to comment on it as of yet  :wink:  )

Listen folks, a new part is up, and it's an important one for Zerrikanian fans ! Ibrahom's schemes finally begin to unfold, involving the Slavers and a certain Vaegir noble. I already pity poor Yaroglek...

You can expect some Slaver stuff and Villianese army description in the near future.

One more part up, this time providing you some deeper insight into how the Slavers do business. Read and notice how cunning bastards they are  :lol:

I had a question about this... If you want to make a contribution to this, can you? Or is it an exclusive thread?  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Anyway, you just inspired me to write a story on the Duchy, since they are my favorite faction, besides the Marinians... I'll try to meld your ideas of the Duchy into the story so they don't contradict... Anyway, amazing progress!

This is an exclusive thread, like MnB-Fanatic's "Last King of Antaria". However, I'm always open to constructive criticism (like pointing out logic anomalies), and I don't mind at all if people are inspired by my writings and use it as a basis for their own stories. So if you are inspired, I'm glad, and feel free to use the lore I made up if you wish, but please make it in a separate thread  :wink:  and thanks for the compliments :smile:

Yes, he kicked ass, and he is about to kick even more  :grin:

After a long hiatus, three new parts have been added !

The first is seemingly insignificant, a succession in a Villianese clan. But the freshly starred Ferges Kentura will play serious role later.

Secondly, Felip Wolsen has been conspirating against Graveth on his own, and his work is coming to a new stage. Poor Graveth.

Last, but not least: a VERY long part involving the Black Army on both the Nord and Vaegir fronts. One of the three Captains dies; Matias goes emo over it, then lets Drekal Vald handle the case.  :shock:  This can't be good.

Enjoy !

I am no true judge of literature unless against my own, but I always have the list of what is needed in front of me when writing. You need to use compositional risks more than anything else, such as similes, metaphors, and things of that nature.

I'm curious to a few things.
Who are the Shining Eagles and the Knight of Ash(something) forgot their name. Group of knights in golden armor. Can be found in taverns.

Edit:
Oh and I love the Military and Religious background information!

Hello everyone.

It has been a very, very long time since I've been around, but **** happened, and I think it's better not to elaborate on details.  :???:

Nevertheless, I'm back, and hope that I can stay and get back into the wonderful world of "MnB: Sword of Damocles". I think if I started something, I should finish it - meaning SoD: Journals is BACK !

I already put on a new part: Felip's plan to make things unstable in the Rhodok Kingdom unfolds - through a set of newspaper articles...

By the way, I came to realize that the 15 (originally) empty posts WON'T be enough to finish the tale. Whether this is a good or a bad thing, you decide.  :razz:

Read and enjoy once more !

'will be back later this week, with several new parts. Peace !

EDIT:

@Eligar: (I know it's a late reply, but whatever) We didn't really put much background story around the random mercenary gangs in taverns when we created them, though I wrote their short origin stories in my free time some months back. In my version:

- the Knights of Ashkolon were a knightly order who enjoyed significant influence in the northern region of the Great Calradian Empire (which later became the Kingdom of Nords); they were somewhat related to the Jötnar nobility which originally ruled the area. They were founded in hope that this way the populace will be more accepting of their new rulers. However, it didn't work out so well, and after the collapse of the Calradian Empire, the Order of Ashkolon was non-officially disbanded. However, a lot of the former knights preserved their family wealth and recruited squires, thus the Knights of Ashkolon survive to this day as a sleazy order of freelancer knights, preserving their traditional armors, weapons and heraldry.

- the Shining Eagles were supposed to be the personal military men of a wealthy Rhodok merchant family, however they were mostly recruited from the family's circle of friends, who also brought their own friends, and their friends' friends... they numbered in hundreds, all clad in beautiful plates and all, but few had actual fighting experience. So when the Nords attacked the family's property, most of the Shining Eagles ran off and the merchant family was slaughtered. The Shining Eagles have been scattered around Calradia ever since, still clinging to their precious armors...

Back
Top Bottom