++ MAGNA RENOVATIO ++ Europe 1200 Reloaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Antonis said:
Subitai said:
Yo Guys...if it ever would come to a vote (if need be) I'd vote for "Serbian Conqueror" as a moderator.  I know the dude was here long before me. haha.  Dude, however... if and when someone starts cleaning up the files or forum, please don't delete my Tweaks thread.  That was a ton of work. 

Antonis, when you get closer to being done.  I suppose you have a list of NEW LORDS  ie the byzantines ones?  I'll volunteer myself to help change the shield skill for whatever troops.txt file you need working on.  Depending on how many new lords you have.  It takes a couple hours to do manually...i'm sure there's an easier way with mod sys but I don't know it.

I'll have to repeat a pain in the neck process of 1/2 'ing the file...since Morghs editor will not read Europe 1200's LARGE file.  Then copy and past them together again. 

(I said this before) but what I did was
- change all the lords to have Shield 5 skill instead of the default 0.  This makes them tougher in battle.

- Also, gave all bishops and priest type lords some random improved Healing skills  (wound, surgery & first aid) This leaves you with MANY MORE prisoners alive after battles.    To me this makes sense since they were educated men and had a higher chance of knowing at least some of these skills.

Yep, I have new lords for the Byzantines, NOT made by me, they were in the files Korinov sent. There are about 40 lords for the Empire, although some are dublicates and such, I am guessing they made some and then research showed that there were others more proper(?)

As for the shield skill, module system or not, it is still a lot of work. But if you are up for it, you can PM me and I will show you how to use some of the 'easier' module files, like the items, troops and strings(where most of the dialgogues are stored and you can change it all without knowing a thing about coding). ALl those are really easy to work with, more than text files, actually, and it will speed up the work hours. Plus, you can do all the things you want directly to the mod. :smile:

Serbian Conqueror said:
Ofc your tweeks should be kept and if u ask me some of them should be implemented in game. I too use couple of ur tweeks. As for shield skills i agree their skill should be increase for more battle depth

+1
I used also many of them, some I managed to find how to do with module files, some elude me still( :smile:) but with the exception of the more 'cheating' ones, most are really good and immersive for the game.

I know that everyone is excited about M&B2 Bannerlord...but my pipe dream was to at least see Europe 1200 get the Byzantines added to the map.  If nothing else, that'd be awesome.  I've always said, i'd pay good money (at least a $100.00 to see that happen) via pay pal. 

Antonis could PM me separately...

But if he's too busy I understand.  It's hard to open up that can of worms again after it's been shut for so long.

Thing about this mod:  I always find myself coming back to it (after playing others) because of the HUGE variety of nations and the different Troop types. 

Best to you guys...still playing occasionally...for now.

Hey, sorry for the long absence. The last 6 months I was pretty much busy with real life stuff. I plan to deal with the mod, once those things clear more, already I have more spare time, but not nearly enough to go full in Modding.  :smile:

Also, Subitai, on the one hand, it's actually really awesome to see someone so really excited about sth, but as I also have said, modding, especially in Warband, doesn't require any paid resources on behalf of the modder, everything can be found for free (GIMP 2, various 3d modelling software, Python framework, Notepad++ etc.) Speaking from myself, I am doing mods that personally excite me. I mean, apologies if that's offending anyone, but I am making mods that I like to play and then, if the result is at all worthy, I make them publicly available.  :razz:

So, it's just a question of time and will of a modder person, not money. Now, I promise to work on the mod, but I cannot say for certain when will this be or how soon. Probably some time this season.

Thank you!  :smile:

Good luck with the work.  I am willing to wait for this mod to be completed as my computer may not be able to handle the demands of Bannerlord.

Good to hear this might get done. Thanks for the hard work!!!! Me and my friends only play this mod.

Hallo guys, I'm quite addicted to this mod and I would ask a question regarding the Papal States.
The only town there is Roma, and none of the castles belonging to the PS had, back in 1200, the strength or renown to be considered a town in today's game.
Any of them, except that for Ancona.
In 1200 Ancona was a prosperous merchant town that had just emerged from a century during which she survived 3 sieges by the Holy Roman Empire - the last one having been in 1174 by the HRE and the fleet of Venice together.
At the beginning of the 13th century, Ancona was a legitimate Marine Republic with colonies all over the Mediterranean, and had strong merchant, military and pirate navies to guard its affairs.

All this because I would like to upgrade the castle of Ancona into the town of Ancona, a modify which I deem more historical.
Is anyone still working on this mod that could accept my suggestion?
Is there any way I could do this by myself? I checked the web already but couldn't really understand how this upgrade could be done.

Thank you, and keep up the amazing job on this mod!!

I see everybody "chompin' at the bit", waiting for Bannerlord... and I admit I can't wait myself.

But I'm still playing this mod occasionally just to get my jollys and take the edge off. 

- I keep hearing that it's not gonna release now until 2018 at least. 
- I wish they'd release the Single Player part of it 1st.
- I read the article explaining some reasons for the hold up with the multiplayer part of it.  Namely, the particle effects and how things like destroyed walls must all be displayed correctly between the server and all the players.  It must be hard to resolve random stuff like that. 

It's a shame really...I was just really hoping for that last E1200 update, I.e with the Byzantines . 

Regarding the dutch counties, and espacially Flanders, a lot can be done to improve the details.
Link: lib.ugent.be/viewer/archive.ugent.be:EEB84A32-D219-11DF-9DFE-FEF978F64438#?c=0&m=0&s=0&cv=189&r=0&xywh=0%2C-165%2C10009%2C7931
In this link you come to a historical document picturing all flemish major and minor cities and castles in 1590. Despite the big time difference (>300 years) it gives a lot of information on architecture of the towns you are already using.
link: upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Old_map_of_Kaart_van_het_Brugse_vrije..jpg
This link brings you to even more  detailed map of the biggest castellany of Flanders, Bruges (fun fact: I can see even a building where I am living now)

I think you're SOL buddy. I did manage to add a town to the map though ? but at this rate ill have byzantines added in 2043 and it wont be compatible on windows 3000 ultra xp.

Back
Top Bottom