Progress/Development Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

NikeBG said:
Well, basically, we're expecting a direct entry from Korinov some time, hopefully soon, in which he'll give us an update with some bad and good news. I'll let him explain what kind, when he comes for the announcement.
so basically he will say hes done with moding.  its about 90% chance that he will say this is last update. But anyway as I said before I made around 25 suggestions and I hope hes going to implement some of em. I would gladly offer to help if he needs with something else too.

Subitai said:
Just to keep all the eager Europe 1200 fans alive....and i'm only saying this because I truly believe it's worth it, but a "Little Bird" told me a rumor about Korinov.    If that little bird wants to step up and say something, all the better.  :smile:

All I can say without stealing his thunder is:

- is that KORINOV IS VERY MUCH ALIVE!!!

- I heard some things but I'll leave it to him to make any news updates. 

==================================================

I know that isn't allot...but i'll just make myself content with that and hope that he at least comes on here to give us some news.

LONG LIVE EUROPE 1200 !
Well, thank you dear sir. I give you my gratitude on behalf of all the peasants in my realm.

Literally played this mod several years ago. Started playing M&B again a few days ago and to my suprise this great mod still has some fans. C'mon we're all patiently waiting for an update. Give us what we deserve!!  :grin:

Well, seeing as Korinov hasn't posted anything yet, I think I'll post the email he sent me in the end of January, so you folks would at least know what the current situation is:

Hello Nike.

Sorry for having been inactive for so long, I understand you're concerned.

The reason for my inactivity are some technical problems I had a few months ago. By technical problems I mean the hard drive where I had stored almost everything EU1200-related broke down. I've tried to recover some of its data but I've been told (in several electronic shops) it's almost impossible. Sadly my last back-up is too outdated to pick up from there, which is my fault.

I think I'll explain it properly on the forum soon. I'll try to wrap up the (unfinished) update as the mod files were in a different hard drive and were not lost. It will feel insufficient but at least most of the Byzantines will be in. Sorry for not having said anything for such a long time, I really wanted to try to recover what I could from the broker hard drive, but to no avail.

My only hope, faint as it is, is that all this time he's been preparing at least the final update with the Byzantines and that he would also at least upload his latest module system (as old as it may be), just in case there's anyone willing to continue the work. Otherwise - Bannerlord offers a clean slate and considering we already have a developed enough research, I hope there would be someone willing to make an E1200 mod for it!

NikeBG said:
Well, seeing as Korinov hasn't posted anything yet, I think I'll post the email he sent me in the end of January, so you folks would at least know what the current situation is:

Hello Nike.

Sorry for having been inactive for so long, I understand you're concerned.

The reason for my inactivity are some technical problems I had a few months ago. By technical problems I mean the hard drive where I had stored almost everything EU1200-related broke down. I've tried to recover some of its data but I've been told (in several electronic shops) it's almost impossible. Sadly my last back-up is too outdated to pick up from there, which is my fault.

I think I'll explain it properly on the forum soon. I'll try to wrap up the (unfinished) update as the mod files were in a different hard drive and were not lost. It will feel insufficient but at least most of the Byzantines will be in. Sorry for not having said anything for such a long time, I really wanted to try to recover what I could from the broker hard drive, but to no avail.

My only hope, faint as it is, is that all this time he's been preparing at least the final update with the Byzantines and that he would also at least upload his latest module system (as old as it may be), just in case there's anyone willing to continue the work. Otherwise - Bannerlord offers a clean slate and considering we already have a developed enough research, I hope there would be someone willing to make an E1200 mod for it!

An 1000 A.D. mod......

One can dream.

Good luck to all of you, I hope you can atleast round it up. This really is one of the best mods for Warband.

A millennial mod would be quite great as well, true. Though if anyone decides to make it, he'd have to make it from scratch - AFAIK, there hasn't been such a mod so far, therefore we don't have a ready treasure trove of research and/or materials for it.

First of all, I wanna say I admire your loyalty, NikeBG, I remember you being here when I joined the team (as Brubar) and, well you're the only one who remains and who's still active. Impressive haha!

Secondly, I am reallly eager to mod Bannerlord and to make Eruope 1200 of course.
I mean, we've done most of the research, and we've all gained lots of experience by modding warband. And Bannerlord will be easier to mod, as they have shown on their blog.

I will for sure work on the project, especially research (if needs be) and scenes.
In fact, I got very discouraged when I learned Bannerlord was announced. I just felt like "oh well, no point in doing what we're gonna have to do all over agaain" (but I did not think it would take so long to release Bannerlord haha). And then never got back into modding for Warband.

So I have high hopes of recreating Europe 1200 on Bannerlord if we can gather at least a few old team members from the project =)

Tsewe said:
I will for sure work on the project, especially research (if needs be) and scenes.
In fact, I got very discouraged when I learned Bannerlord was announced. I just felt like "oh well, no point in doing what we're gonna have to do all over agaain" (but I did not think it would take so long to release Bannerlord haha). And then never got back into modding for Warband.

So I have high hopes of recreating Europe 1200 on Bannerlord if we can gather at least a few old team members from the project =)

So does that mean there will be no fully finished version that will be playable on Warband?

Tsewe said:
Secondly, I am reallly eager to mod Bannerlord and to make Eruope 1200 of course.
I mean, we've done most of the research, and we've all gained lots of experience by modding warband. And Bannerlord will be easier to mod, as they have shown on their blog.
Aye, I hope so. I doubt Korinov would return, but Antonis has also expressed a desire to help with the mod or even take over, even for the Warband version (if only we had an up-to-date module system), so I'm mildly optimistic as well. Besides, there's even a bunch of stuff, like religion, which we had discussed with some members (Komnenos f.e.) and we never got around to implement at all, but which seemed quite interesting and with a good potential for Bannerlord too (I hope the native game would have a religious system already). The potential is there, we just have to wait for it and, hopefully, seize the opportunity.

Ferrari965 said:
So does that mean there will be no fully finished version that will be playable on Warband?
Indeed, it would probably go the same way as the original M&B version of the mod - we had reached more or less the same amount of territorial coverage there, IIRC (we had the Byzies and Seljuks, but didn't have the Russias etc, I think), and then Warband came out and we started anew with an even more ambitious version than the old one. Which was ultimately perhaps a mistake, as we took a bigger bite than we could chew. So, perhaps for a Bannerlord port we should first strive to finished the Warband features (cover the whole map, clean eventual bugs etc) and only after that start implementing new stuff.

Ferrari965 said:
Like Nike said, it unfortunately seems that way. Unless Bannerlord is released 2 years from now haha...

NikeBG said:
[...] Which was ultimately perhaps a mistake, as we took a bigger bite than we could chew. So, perhaps for a Bannerlord port we should first strive to finished the Warband features (cover the whole map, clean eventual bugs etc) and only after that start implementing new stuff.
I totally agree, we should definetely re-do what we have done (or port it while improving, of course) in Warband, and finish it first (factions, map, etc.). That itsel is ambitious and will probably take at least 1 year if we have an enough big and motivated team. Then we could start to implement new stuff, like religion.
We could also learn from Viking Conquest and Brytenwalda too, since they both have amazing new features remarkably well executed. I'm mostly thinking about religion and monasteries. Then, they have the naval battles and the hideout features, etc...

I say that, but I have almost no knowledge about how long/complicated it is to implement such features!

NikeBG said:
Aye, I hope so. I doubt Korinov would return, but Antonis has also expressed a desire to help with the mod or even take over, even for the Warband version (if only we had an up-to-date module system), so I'm mildly optimistic as well.
Good to know, in case Korinov would not come back.
Anyway, who's that Antonis fellow?

@Quapitty: would you also like to mod Europe 1200 for Bannerlord, eventually?

Great guy,  has done Mods like:

Fires of War
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,389.0.html

The Sword And The Axe
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,296240.0.html

1429: The Hundred Years War
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,316764.0.html

Tsewe said:
@Quapitty: would you also like to mod Europe 1200 for Bannerlord, eventually?
Eventually yes. I think we made so many researches over all those years (almost 6 for me) it would be a shame to leave all that behind. And the Bannerlord system looks pretty promising to me in terms of scening f.e.. But, it will still need someone on the steering wheel who has 'a long breath' (stamina) and a lot of spare time. And I will also need to have some spare time if it comes that far  :wink:

Bannerlord is definietly going to be a better platform, I'm really hoping that popular warband and m&b mods get their remakes.

Subitai said:

Great guy,  has done Mods like...
Oh, wow ok, that would be more than great news indeed!
quapitty said:
Eventually yes. I think we made so many researches over all those years (almost 6 for me) it would be a shame to leave all that behind. And the Bannerlord system looks pretty promising to me in terms of scening f.e.. But, it will still need someone on the steering wheel who has 'a long breath' (stamina) and a lot of spare time. And I will also need to have some spare time if it comes that far  :wink:
Even if that courageous fellow, Antonis, decides to not work on E 1200, we'll probably find someone :wink:
I'm happy you see things as I do hehe! If we're at least 2 sceners at the beginning and to work "constalty", we could achieve something interesting :smile: I have learned so much from scening in Warband, even though I didn't oficially made lots of scenes for E 1200 (things like, you know, SAVE EVERY 10 TO 15 MIN)

Do you have any idea how we should proceed? We can't be too idealistic and tell ourselves "we'll do every goddam european city scenes hehehe" I remember we had started a simple thread where we wrote on what we should focus (you know, priorities).

When we can expect the mod in which Byzantium will be included?

Also if possible to ask - is there any chance of transfering character from playing on one mod (in case Beta 7) to other Beta versions?

Back
Top Bottom