[M] Hunt Mod - Version 1.31 Released! - For Warband 1.131

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah FPS. I just remembered the times we used to play there and the amount of times okin killed me...  :sad:

EDIT: A.K.A. my ping always sucks there D:

Love the mod. Want to play all night but tomorrow is a workday :sad:

Some suggestions:
Many times respawned on top of a hunter as beast. You could try and nominate some spawns for beast only and some for hunters if it is possible.

It would be great if it is possible to decrease or remove fall damage for beast - rooftop sneak attacks  :mrgreen:

It would be great if it is possible to make beast jump either higher or further - combined with no fall dmg it would be great for jumping roofs.

I don't know how these changes would offset the balance, probably significantly on the open maps, but it would make this already awesome mod cooler. The beasts lack the power, yes you massacre hunters in melee, but you don't have anything that would make you feel that you really are the horrifying beast.

You could also make beasts faster and lower the reload time for gunpowder weapons - it would make the game even more dynamic.

[EDIT] Oh, and the beast face is AWESOME. The mod could use a different beast die sound also.
Oh and also the sniffing produces and error while dead - only cosmetics, just displays a red error message where the all game text appear.

Unfortunately, we can't add weather effects to multiplayer other than fog at the moment. Maybe this will change with further warband patches. I certainly hope so.  :wink:

Mulek said:
Many times respawned on top of a hunter as beast. You could try and nominate some spawns for beast only and some for hunters if it is possible.
I think Yoshi is looking into fiddling with the spawns.

Mulek said:
It would be great if it is possible to decrease or remove fall damage for beast - rooftop sneak attacks  :mrgreen:
There's no easy way to do this. We think that foot armour might protect against falling, so that might be a fair hack, although not perfect.

Mulek said:
It would be great if it is possible to make beast jump either higher or further - combined with no fall dmg it would be great for jumping roofs.
Probably not possible.

Mulek said:
You could also make beasts faster and lower the reload time for gunpowder weapons - it would make the game even more dynamic.
Making beasts faster presents its own problems - the faster a beast can move, the faster it can dodge. After a point, beasts don't even need to bother hiding any more, they can dodge every shot fired at them. Faster reloads might happen, although we want to keep guns distinct from crossbows.

Mulek said:
The mod could use a different beast die sound also.
Since we can't make players any race other than human, we can't actually change the beast sounds (or animations). It's pretty annoying.

Thanks for the mod, moddy people! It's very well polished for its first release.

May I suggest multiple beast classes? You could have the generic werewolf who has the average beast stats, the strong werewolf who is more powerful and has higher HP but moves slower, and the 'scout' werewolf who is the opposite of the strong werewolf, dealing less dmg and having lower HP but moving faster.

Also, would there be any way to optimize that one heavily-forested map? It looks awesome, but it makes a lot of people (such as myself) lag.

Also, have you guys considered PM'ing the devs about adding troop flags for falling damage, jumping ability, races, etc.? If those could be added, it would go a long way in both making the gameplay more enjoyable and adding to the feeling of beasts being truly beastly.

Yeah, I was thinking about contacting devs as well about various things that need to be freed up for modders. I think it'd be a really good idea for Yoshi to do that. I'm sure all of these things would have lots of applications for other mods as well.

Excellent! I've been waiting for this mod. :grin: Have to run to work now, but after I get home... Oh it's going to be fun. This will be awesome.

Thanks, Yoshi, and all your hard-working helpers!

-John

Goncratz ! Had a nice deep night howling and "die youuu BASTARDS !" fun.

One suggestion. Make the rifles/pistols change into melee but with a dmg of 1 - 5. Doesn't pose a threat and still adds to the chaotic situations of having hunters hold a place.

Another thing, there's lots of rooftops, especially in the winter forest village that ( if the unbalance teams is on ) are virtually unassailable.

I posted a rather long reply this morning but Taleworlds decided to hold their maintainance as I hit 'Post'.  :oops:

Regarding hunting knives; Yes, perhaps they do need a nerf. It's rather silly to be able to block with such a short weapon, especially against the axe that the beasts hold. However, Hunters do need some form of melee or at least a blocking defense. As it stands, the guns are great in groups of three or four with unexperienced players. I suspect that the inaccurate guns will become easier to wield and understand over time... Give Hunters the ability to manually block with their rifles and a very light blunt attack with it. The attack does not have to do any major damage, it merely has to stall the beast.

I am all for the nerfing of knives and to gift the beasts an increased jumping height//reliability in melee however I believe that the Hunters need some form of basic melee defense beyond the knife - especially if it's being nerfed. I realise this is a little hypocritical but it's just an observation from last night.

:smile:

Some of the maps, especially docks, present a challenge to the beasts. The Hunters are too quick to camp in one spot on the rooftops with no access other than a narrow passage. Also; docks is rather troublesome to get around. There are too many areas where the character model can become permanently stuck.

More fog, more night and things will be awesome:razz:

Night Ninja said:
The beasts need to run a little faster as well.

Agreed. But only marginally... And at the expense of increasing damage done by the rifles.

I don't think the rifles are inaccurate, at least not for rifles from the period.

Try playing Musket Mod. Then you'll truly feel 'inaccurate.' The guns take a lot longer to reload too. People really have nothing to complain about regarding rifles except the possibility of them being overpowered.

Also, to reference Musket Mod once more, the mod team was able to create item choices in such a way that characters could no longer bring copies of items along. This would be a great addition to Hunt, as it gets REALLY annoying when Hunters pull out gun after gun to shoot at you while you desperately try to reach them. One gun per hunter is enough!

Back
Top Bottom