[M] Hunt Mod - Version 1.31 Released! - For Warband 1.131

Users who are viewing this thread

COGlory said:
Damn.  I don't even have a computer capable of playing... :neutral:

If you guys want another server, ask Arch3r.  He'd probably be more then happy to host it on his.

Imho we need a US Hunt server, but as far as I know there arent any private US servers, am I correct?

HULKSMASH said:
Feints?
Faints Is correct spelling.

Quit being a Grammar Nazi! "Hulk Smash!" is gramatically incorrect, as you are speaking of yourself in the third person, plus you forgot to use some form of a helping verb, such as 'will'.

This is getting ridiculous!  Stop spamming all of you!  :mad:

EDIT:  Just realized!  Source code!  Warband Module System is mine!!!!!  I'm SOOOOO happy!  Thank you!

Been playing for a while now, and what can I say... beautiful work, love it :smile:
Sneaking on and ambushing those humans is great fun, and running around in back alleys and on rooftops trying to avoid getting caught by the beasts isn't that bad either.

Some spawn points needs improvement though. I spawned inside a house on the snow map, I got a picture if you want it.

And I know I told you ingame, but I thought I'd mentioned it here too, so you won't forget (:wink:); Add a sniff sound to the scent button! :smile:

Why do the player caps keep going up and down? Please just raise them. I quit MM because I saw it was 12/16 but then when I loaded Hunt mod it was down to 12/12  :cry:

Stop playing tricks with our minds :cry:

Hey, Yoshi, or Highelf or someone, what the hell does aaa.bat do?  #appears to have something to do with presentations.

This thing (warband ms) is awesome!  There's tons of new stuff!  Like the module_variables.py, I now must take a look at troops and items, and meshes

For those who still haven't seen what the beasts look like.

ip6v5y.png

Angry beasts planning their next attack :3.

Awesomesauce this one Yoshi! Played a couple of rounds with some friends of mine and I have to say that especially the castle maps are wonderfully made!

Firstly, many thanks for this mod. It is truly wonderful to play...

A couple of comments...

The guns are somewhat inaccurate (though this is steadily countered once acquainted with the aiming sight) and seem to work best in large volleys of three or four. I wonder if there's anyway to implement a damage asset in proportion to the distance of the target? Shooting a wolf at point blank in the upper chest will not land the killing blow, unlike the wolf's one hit axe. However, I am rather unsure of this myself as I think both teams are still rather balanced in nature. Good job.  :eek:

Absolutely stunning landscapes and textures, I could not believe I was playing WB. Unfortunately my pc had 15fps and it was unplayable, so I had to turn all the settings down and go into directx 7. NONETHELESS awesome game play, love the beast howls (although incredibly loud) and, hehe, the hunter "taunt" animation.

Scary being a hunter and hearing howls in the distance, then turning around to see waves of beasts rushing towards you out from the fog, violently flailing their axes around...

great game tonight lads, see you again :smile:

especially craze rabbit, yoshi and melon :grin:

Many thanks for all the positive comments! I had tons of fun playing with everyone today. Some comments myself:

Fog could be more.
I haven't seen any fog. So I suppose if you play on the lowest settings, you don't have that dissadvantage ?

Yeah I'll make the fog come closer more often next release. At the moment it's kinda 50/50 between clear and foggy and then fog is often only mild. It's complicated to sort but I'll see. AFAIK fog should work fine on lower settings - you probably just didn't see any, though I haven't tested it.

There some places where you can get stuck.
Some spawn points needs improvement though. I spawned inside a house on the snow map, I got a picture if you want it.

Yeah we fixed a lot of the bugs but of course there are still more. Luckily we know most of them now. So we'll fix them for the next release. Nothing gamebreaking luckily. We'll also fix the spawns. The code was written pretty quickly (because armagans code wasn't working well for us). But certainly we'll work something out a bit better.

Please increace player cap, I'm dying to play this.
Server full :cry:
Why do the player caps keep going up and down? Please just raise them. I quit MM because I saw it was 12/16 but then when I loaded Hunt mod it was down to 12/12  :cry:

Sorry, for some reason I really wasn't expecting so many players. IRC server dies after about 10 so I really can't increase that but Benedict might increase his one soon when he is around.

Hey, Yoshi, or Highelf or someone, what the hell does aaa.bat do?  #appears to have something to do with presentations.

This thing (warband ms) is awesome!  There's tons of new stuff!  Like the module_variables.py, I now must take a look at troops and items, and meshes

Opps! Not sure I was meant to do that. I'm going to take it down. If you want the source now PM me.

Any chance of an US Hunt server coming along?
Imho we need a US Hunt server, but as far as I know there arent any private US servers, am I correct?

Well if anyone wants to host one feel free. All the stuff for it is in the first post. Would be nice.

And I know I told you ingame, but I thought I'd mentioned it here too, so you won't forget (:wink:); Add a sniff sound to the scent button! :smile:

Yeah we'll see if we can :smile:

The guns are somewhat inaccurate (though this is steadily countered once acquainted with the aiming sight) and seem to work best in large volleys of three or four. I wonder if there's anyway to implement a damage asset in proportion to the distance of the target? Shooting a wolf at point blank in the upper chest will not land the killing blow, unlike the wolf's one hit axe. However, I am rather unsure of this myself as I think both teams are still rather balanced in nature. Good job. 

Well the damage does become less at distance but we can't mod how significantly. Either way I might be upping the Flintlock Rifle's accuracy a little. Not sure if the long rifle needs it massively. So many people play gunmen anyway. We'll see.

Some other things we've talked about:

- What do people think of the hunting knives. Some people think they are overpowered where as other think they are useless. I think we're going to nerf them whatever.

- We're going to add a battle mode by popular request.

- Gonna play with the maps some more to remove any camping spots which are too effective.

- Finish off some more of the maps.

- A little variation in beasts

Overlord- said:
Best mod I have ever played!
PS-Is that nearly invisible exit button in main menu made on purpose?  :razz:
Yeah, I forgot that the exit button was there when I made the texture. I'm too used to old 0.808 where it was in the middle.  :razz:

ER LATE BUT YES YES YES!

Ursca said:
Overlord- said:
Best mod I have ever played!
PS-Is that nearly invisible exit button in main menu made on purpose?  :razz:
Yeah, I forgot that the exit button was there when I made the texture. I'm too used to old 0.808 where it was in the middle.  :razz:

:lol: Not a bad then though. :wink:

Now available on the US West Coast server, USWest_HuntAtrociously.

Figured I would supply a US server for this glorious mod.

Back
Top Bottom