Knighthood Orders Overview

Users who are viewing this thread

As one of the dev team who is particularly versed in the Knighthood Lore, ill try and create an overview of each of the Orders (I know some other forum members have asked for this ). This will be expanded on the Wiki when I get a chance to post it up, most likely over the next few days.

If you have any further questions about the Orders, please feel free to post and I will answer to the best of my abilities.

Thanks to Tsunami who made an excellent post, and which I used as a foundation for my own.

Major Faction Orders;

Order of the Lion

- Kingdom of Sarleon.
- Personal entourage of King Ulrich.
- Supported Ulrich's bid for the throne.
- Only officially recognised Order in Sarleon.
- Based in Sarleon.

Order of the Dragon
- Kingdom of Ravenstern.
- Established after the Siege of Rane.
- The epitome of Ravenstern martial ability.
- Not in the Validus Charta (Part of the reason for Ravenstern's independance from Sarleon).

Immortals
- The Empire.
- Established by Marius through his reforms.
- Elite, centralised soldiers of the Empire.
- Based in Janos.

Windriders
- D'Shar Principalities.
- Honourable horsemen of the D'Shar.
- Based in Torbah.

Lady Valkyries
- Kingdom of the Fierdsvain.
- Women only order.
- Based in Javiksholm.

Politically Motivated Orders;

Order of Dawn

- Outlawed in Barclay and forcibly moved to Pendor.
- Worship Astrea, Godess of Justice.
- Fanatical in their pursuit of justice. Their zeal in this caused them to burn a number of villages for very minor offences.
- HATES the Order of Eventide due to the scism. (See Eventide for more info).
- Sir Roland is a Paladin of Dawn, who left due to believing their overt fanatism was not at all just.
- Based in Valonbray.

Order of Eventide

- Was once a part of the Order of Dawn.
- Split following the execution of a Knight of Dawn who had begun to research the Heretics and their god Erida Occisor. The Order of Dawn believed just researching these heretical beliefs produced corruption. The Order of Eventide believed such research was simply in order to understand their enemy.
- Possibly corrupted by the very enemy they were trying to destroy.
- Hates Dawn.
- Sir Alistair is a Knight of Eventide, sent by the Order to enact the return of Sir Jocelyn, who left the Order after discovering links to the Heretics.

Order of the Silvermist Rangers

- Highly influenced by the Nolder, perhaps even trained by them.
- Worship god UllrVetr.
- Dislike the Order of the Ebony Gauntlet, whom they see as racists, due to their hatred of the Noldor.

Order of the Ebony Gauntlet
- HATE the Noldor.
- Human Supremacist organisation, dedicated to the destruction of all non-human "threats".
- Hate the Order of Silvermist, whom they perceive to be traitors of humanity due to their relations with the Noldor.

The Shadow Legion
- Anti-Marius movement.
- Traditionalist faction, seeking to return to the pure Baccus Empire beliefs and restore their former glory.
- Possible Snake Cult connections.
- Hate the Immortals (Result of the "New" Empire).
- Hate the Order of the Radiant Cross (See Radiant Cross below).
- Based in Cez.

Order of the Radiant Cross

- Order of doctors, surgeons and medics.
- Marius suspected that the Red Plague which led to the destruction of the Empire of Pendor was caused by the Snake Cult, and he believes that they will release the plague again. The Order of the Radiant Cross was established to find and destroy the plague and to prepare medical aid if it released again.  The only Order where peasants and nobles are of equal status.
- HATE the Shadow Legion due to their belief that the Order is simply a legal Snake Cult front.

Neutral Knighthood Orders;

Order of the Clarion Call
- Order of Marcher Lords.
- Acts as a highly mobile border patrol.
- Hates any kind of unlawful activity.
- Hates the Jatu.
- Based in Laria.

Order of the Raven Spear
- Order of Academics, interested in astrology and science.
- Part of the Order are lecturers and students.
- The Military arm of the Order are adventurers and mercenaries charged with protecting the university fortresses of the Order and recovering lost lore.
- Boris the Raven is a former member, who left when the Order didnt select him as Grand Master.
- Based in Poinsbruk.

Order of the Griffin
- The bodyguards of the Royal line of Pendor.
- Disbanded by King Ulrich due to their refusal to support his claim to the throne.

Order of the Falcon
- Disbanded by King Gregory due to their support of Madame Ursula for Queen of Ravenstern.
- Allows women to join the Order.
- Order of mercenaries.

Awesome, thank you! Sometimes it's hard to find a knight order you want to learn about in a tavern - I don't think I've ever run into a Raven Spear knight.

How about the orders we can't recruit? Guardian Empire Knights, Valdis Huscarls, Marleon Knights... are there others?

Those are bands of faction affiliated "questing Knights" whose chief purpose is defense of their faction territory, and they also will fight against you, if you have bad relations with them.  You can get + relations with them by helping them in a fight.  (Edit: With Dawn and Eventide you start with negative relations with them.  With the others, they say "What do you want?" but won't attack you first.  You can excuse yourself politely without them fighting you or your retreating, and you won't get companion objections from not fighting them. )  They fight bandits, deserters, other groups of knights, invading enemies, etc. but don't join up as such with a king, as the hired mercenaries like Boris the Raven or Kodan Ironsword do.  They are there largely for Player to enjoy fighting with or against.  Others are belligerant and will fight you no matter what.  Then there are the "invader" bands like the Mettenheims, Barclay Conquistadores or the Daughters of Persinoe, who are just like the bands of Snake Cultists, etc. in behavior.

Thank you! I know that we're supposed to talk to the ones we see in taverns, but the problem is that I very rarely see them. I've played well over 600 days between several games so far and have only seen 5-6 of the orders inside taverns.

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
Those are bands of faction affiliated "questing Knights" whose chief purpose is defense of their faction territory, and they also will fight against you, if you have bad relations with them.  You can get + relations with them by helping them in a fight.  (Edit: With Dawn and Eventide you start with negative relations with them.  With the others, they say "What do you want?" but won't attack you first.  You can excuse yourself politely without them fighting you or your retreating, and you won't get companion objections from not fighting them. )  They fight bandits, deserters, other groups of knights, invading enemies, etc. but don't join up as such with a king, as the hired mercenaries like Boris the Raven or Kodan Ironsword do.  They are there largely for Player to enjoy fighting with or against.  Others are belligerant and will fight you no matter what.  Then there are the "invader" bands like the Mettenheims, Barclay Conquistadores or the Daughters of Persinoe, who are just like the bands of Snake Cultists, etc. in behavior.

That's weird, i can swear i saw conquistadores run next to some fierdsvain lords and not attack them or run away from them, just "patrolling". And it seemed weird to me because as soon as I came closer to the Conquistadores, they attacked me. For a second i thought that they may be in Pendor only to kill me. I believe Snake Cult etc. run away from / attack lords when encountered. I may be totally wrong tho >.>

As for the Orders overview: thanks, it's very helpful. Good to know which ones hate eachother :smile:

As to the Household Troops (Marleons Horse, Valdis Huscarls etc) they are not a full Order, they are simply the "unique" units of some particular Lords, no special lore has been written about them yet.

If I'm not mistaken, all the invaders like the Barclay Conquistadores and the Daughters of Persinoe come pre-programmed to dislike the Player.  They may also have decided the lord's army was stronger than yours and ignored it in favor of coming after you.  If a Snake Cult or other invader band is larger or thinks it is stronger than your troop, they will come after you, too, just like the armies will come after you.

ermm waht about the empires centourians :3 i love the empire and really want to have the centourians but i think that just shot me down as like u say ther eprobably a lords special troop :sad:

Fawzia, I wasn't even near them at the beginning, I saw them from a distance and they were being neutral to a bunch of fierdsvain lords and that is what I meant in the previous post. Might have been a bug or something cause it was 3.0.

I don't know either, perhaps see if it happens again in V 3.01?  And please report it if it does!  If you can duplicate what happened, but in V 3.01, keep and upload a save game.

I actually havent seen a single invader army since i started playing 3.01 but in 3.0 they were all neutral to every faction but mine and a few bandit types.

I've seen two Mettenheim expeditions and two Daughters of Persinoe groups meandering over the Empire, they only fight with ME and Snake Cultists, same with the Conquistadors fight with any culture armies save mine.

Alright i've been fielding 10 knights of eventide a fight for about 2 months now and they have 3 upgrades. They hands down need a buff, their armor is **** compared to most other knights and their stats are also horrible. Even with +9 str and agi they are barely on par with most orders base stats and their weapon choice is fairly horrible with most being maces and knightly lances. This normally wouldent be that bad except their horses are utter crap. In literally every major fight not a single knight remains mounted because their weapons are short range and their mounts are piddly.

It took me 2 real hours of herding a eventide group just so i could recruit them and it was not worth it at all. I find it funny that the heretic elite dont get netherworld chargers but every single cobra warrior gets one. I realize their ****ty leather gloves are their due to the color scheme but when everyones getting between 6-10 armor from their gloves the +2 from leather gloves is a big deal. They also dont all seem to have the standard helm+cape which would normally balance that out.

The Grand Master and higher-ups in Eventide (whom you won't find out fighting or anywhere) are Heretics, but the lower level knights don't necessarily know about the Heretic connection.  That's why the knights don't have Heretic gear.  They are actually meant to be villains to fight, rather than desireable recruits.

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
The Grand Master and higher-ups in Eventide (whom you won't find out fighting or anywhere) are Heretics, but the lower level knights don't necessarily know about the Heretic connection.  That's why the knights don't have Heretic gear.  They are actually meant to be villains to fight, rather than desireable recruits.

Oh come on,it would be a terrible fault to antagonize the mose kickass looking evil hearted and confident order in Pendor.

If you wanna antagonize someone,Dawn knights are here for that,the self righteous-funny moustache virgin ******s they are.

~Ãbyss

We get alot of feedback saying how tough the Knights of the Dragon are, so you may wish to give them a try. Personally I like the Ebony Guantlets, they are tough and pack a nice whallop.

If you were willing to look outside of Orders, Mettenheim troops are also exceedingly tough if you manage to pick up some of their mercenaries.

Bah just because their supposed to be villains doesnt mean they need to suck. I havent compared knights of the dawn yet but when i was fighting them i barely won so i'm going to try and compare their states/gear to see how they compare to knights of the eventide. Considering how hard it is to improve relations with the eventide i think you should be rewarded with awesome knights who look evil.

Back
Top Bottom