Knighthood Orders Overview

Users who are viewing this thread

The Knights of Eventide and the Knights of Dawn are pretty equivalent, in terms of putting up a fight.  They don't suck, be polite, Arghy.  Just because you've pimped your high-tier knights doesn't mean your foes are weak, it means you've pimped your knights.  If you want a better fight, take a small group, like yourself and couple of companions and go up against them.

Awesome knights who look evil?

They are evil looking knights who perform awesomely good :razz:

Sauron was defeated by some miserable hobbits. So what do you expect from a mere human knight clad in Sauron-like fashion gear wielding a Mace of Doom?

They are just as good as any other knighthood order trooper, just apply them correctly according to their gear.

Its too bad there isn't a way to get Snake Cult knights... Anaconda or maybe new Mamba Knights would be fun. They are just harmless vegetarians trying to convert the population of the Empire after all...

I wonder if all knights are like them and maybe i'm overreacting because i have yet to try the other orders yet. I went from dreaming about them to actually getting them and then to losing 3-4 knights a battle which was the highest reoccurring casualties in my entire army. I fought 3 of them in the areana and it was not even a challenge were the last time i sieged javicholme me, siggy and allistair barely made it past 4 knights of the dawn with damage set on easy. I was expecting a performance akin to the dawn knights but i've yet to see it.

I'll always be sure to befriend the eventide before i take singal but i def wont make them my primary order again.

Any reports on the Clarion Call this version?  The Windriders seem to work better this version, (cashing in the Dshar nobles when you take Torbah seems to be worth it) but ... Ive yet to mess with Laria this time.  The take Laria, fight Elves, sell Elf parts, upgrade the locals, and consolidate route is something I've done too many times.

I've been impressed by them. It's not like they clear the filed on their own but they last well and they're rock solid horse archers who don't tend to wander into a group of three Bandits and die suddenly.

Is there info about Order stats anywhere(up to date FAQ about proficiences, armor, etc.)? Found out that Raven Spear proficiences start at 380 while Falcon, Dragon or Lion proficiences start at 350.

Keinonen said:
Is there info about Order stats anywhere(up to date FAQ about proficiences, armor, etc.)? Found out that Raven Spear proficiences start at 380 while Falcon, Dragon or Lion proficiences start at 350.

nice job using the search engine my friend as you popped up a rather old thread!, haha :wink: ..

Joking aside, honestly there's not.. The FAQs has some descriptions on who the Knighthood orders are and such, but no one has ever really gotten around to do detail comparisons on what are the best ones or stats for that matter.. A while back I did receive some interesting documentation from a community member on Knighthood Order stats, but it also required me to do some extra stuff as well, and I just quite frankly haven't gotten around to that and probably won't for sometime.

So overall, the best way to learn how these guys are is by chance checking them out in a castle/town their based out (then you can see their stats), or checking out the troop.txt file, but be warned it's a rather messy way to check stuff out, but it is doable if you got the patience to look through all the coding.

Or you could use Morgh's Troop Editor found in the Forge section of the forum to find the stats and equipment without actually having to look through the code in troops.txt.

mp84 said:
Keinonen said:

nice job using the search engine my friend as you popped up a rather old thread!, haha :wink: ..

Joking aside, honestly there's not.. The FAQs has some descriptions on who the Knighthood orders are and such, but no one has ever really gotten around to do detail comparisons on what are the best ones or stats for that matter.. A while back I did receive some interesting documentation from a community member on Knighthood Order stats, but it also required me to do some extra stuff as well, and I just quite frankly haven't gotten around to that and probably won't for sometime.

So overall, the best way to learn how these guys are is by chance checking them out in a castle/town their based out (then you can see their stats), or checking out the troop.txt file, but be warned it's a rather messy way to check stuff out, but it is doable if you got the patience to look through all the coding.
Is this not up to date?
http://stormwind.co.uk/uploads/excel/index.html

Checked out 'em through the Morgh's Troop Editor and might as well post my findings about order proficiences here as a thank you. Seems I remembered a few things wrong myself:

Dragon: 380
Lion: 350
Empire: 420
Windrider:350
Lady Valkyrie: 350
Griffon: 380
Falcon: 350
Raven Spear: 380
Radiant Cross: 350
Clarion Call: 350
Dawn: 400
Ebony Gauntlet: 350
Shadow Century: 500
Silvermist Rangers: 400
Eventide: 400

M0rdred said:
As far as I know it is.

Apart from all the nasty spelling/typing errors.

Nice find about the order proficiencies. Now, what´s the value? Their highest weapon proficiency or the declaration value of the wp() function? Because in the later, the values aren´t set in stone but lightly randomizing +/-10 or so around that value. And evaluted again for each new game you start.

Keinonen said:
Checked out 'em through the Morgh's Troop Editor and might as well post my findings about order proficiences

good info, thanks!  i would never have guessed Ebonies were so relatively low.  proficiencies aren't the whole story, i guess

Stats and Skills factor heavily, as does equipment. Of course we can't dictate everything, for instance bad AI couching, that I am afraid is hard coded in the engine.

Skills and stats matter little after a certain treshold Mordred.

Equipment is far more important, as is style. So pick the troop you like most and fits your style of fighting best and you got your best trooper.

Like Pendor Foot Knights :wink:

Since we're resurrecting old stuff, I myself never found an explanation for Valkyries vs. Lady Valkyries.

Valkyries have a strength of 33 and 7 in ironflesh for 82 hp.  They also have an agility of 20.  These are quite phenomenal stats.  The standard national knight has str/ag of 24/15, and a couple of order knights go up to 27/18.  Their power skills are 6's and their weapon proficiencies are 240.  They also have helmets.

The ladies have the standard str/ag 24/15 and an ironflesh of 8, for 75 hp.  Their power skills are 7 and their proficiencies 350.  They also have no helmets at all.  To my mind, as noosers just mentioned, that seems to pretty much outweigh the proficiency increase and additional point in power strike and throw.  Their horses are also better, warhorse vs. courser, but the no helmet thing is killer when they're not on them, either in battles or sieges. 

Honour troops typically gain 1 or 2 points in ironflesh, power strike, etc., and have weapon proficiencies 50-100 higher than their base knight, as well as slightly upgraded equipment.  I can't think of any that actually get worse either in stats or equipment, never mind both, other than Lady Valkyries. 

Was their any particular reason for this?  Just curious.

An oversight and no real sweet juicy helmet for them Lady Valkyries. Noone´s done a proper Wagner Valkyre Armor set yet with winged helmets.

Still you can easily add them the Spangenhelm via the Itemeditor or any other tincan you prefer.

Personally I am always a fan of Silvermist Rangers, put them on defense or take them out in your army. Either way I just love sitting them back on a hill watching them rack up kills from a distance. For actual knights, I prefer the Raven Spears. For this reason I always make my banner out to be the Ravenspear logo with the orange background. Those unique horse archer knights based from Laria are also pretty good to. Nothing beats good horse archers that can also pack a punch in a melee fight. Still, favorite is still Silvermist rangers. Great for defense and for taking city's/castles. They are good at taking out enemy archers on the walls and on defense just slaughter everybody.

jea rangers of the clarrion call are nice! They get the job done from afar like grey archers but when needed they can go and charge the enemy down as wel :grin:

sometimes they do fare less well in sieges with their spears tough.

and they are x2 the wage of a silvermist.

Back
Top Bottom