is there some kind of cheat protection...

Users who are viewing this thread

ive seen a hacker of sorts. he was using glitches and a key gen so that he would never be banned from any server

possum said:
Dandee said:
The cheats for Warband does not exist. I've never seen hackers.

if i could be so naive as you are.

ps. aimbots work in other games where you have to predict the target movements.

an increase to the weapon damage, range or armor protection is not really noticeable (except you use a 3m-range-dagger) but it gives you a big advantage.

Give an example?

MaHuD said:
possum said:
Dandee said:
The cheats for Warband does not exist. I've never seen hackers.

if i could be so naive as you are.

ps. aimbots work in other games where you have to predict the target movements.

an increase to the weapon damage, range or armor protection is not really noticeable (except you use a 3m-range-dagger) but it gives you a big advantage.

Give an example?

feel free to choose an ego shooter.

f.e. there are many aimbots you can use for bf2. and no, there is no zero-time hit detection, the bullets need some time to reach the target. i have seen snipers landing headshots at moving target at a range i was not even able to see them.

sure the arrows in warband take a bit longer to reach the target but if it stands still or wont change the movement speed or direction for a moment, it will get hit. even if both players stand at opposite map borders.

I suppose it would be possible to have something that snaps the reticle to the target, but considering you have a 1 second+ of travel time during which you have no control of the shot the benefits of such a thing would seem iffy at best. Also, it would seem rather useless in a large melee as your aimbot doesn't know who its shooting at (atleast, not without a lot of extra work). Its possible a simple aimbot exists, and it would give advantages in some situations - but it wouldn't be gamebreaking - which means that something like this probably exists and the player just looks like a reasonably good archer.

possum said:

f.e. there are many aimbots you can use for bf2. and no, there is no zero-time hit detection, the bullets need some time to reach the target. i have seen snipers landing headshots at moving target at a range i was not even able to see them.
Years ago I watched a mate of mine play CoDUO; he did indeed make headshots before I even saw his targets. But he didn't use aimbot, because I played on his computer for a bit afterwards and I sucked. Some people are just good. :razz:

Duke Daniel Milutin said:
someone download autoblock.

I swear that I thought it was a new bugfix patch. Thats why I thought they finally nerfed the good players.

possum said:

Pretty sure all these things would be impossible unless you had access to the files of the server you're on.

FrisianDude said:
possum said:

Years ago I watched a mate of mine play CoDUO; he did indeed make headshots before I even saw his targets. But he didn't use aimbot, because I played on his computer for a bit afterwards and I sucked. Some people are just good. :razz:

maybe, but he fired 10 shots in ten seconds with his dragunov and got 10 headshot kills :wink:

Alex_C said:
possum said:

Pretty sure all these things would be impossible unless you had access to the files of the server you're on.

i dont think so.

another bf2 cheat is the ability to kill at long range with your knife (10+ meters). i think something like this should be also possible in warband.

finally i can only say:

cheating is possible and there is no cheat protection in this game.

possum said:
another bf2 cheat is the ability to kill at long range with your knife (10+ meters). i think something like this should be also possible in warband.

Two completely different games. Hit detection - to the best of my knowledge - is handled server-side in Warband. In the same way as if you speed up your animations client-side, the server still handles you as having hit at the regular animation speed, it just screws up your view of what's happened.

possum said:
cheating is possible and there is no cheat protection in this game.

Depends on the server you're on.

To give some background info for people.. An aimbot for say, Mount and Blade or maybe Arma 2 are, while not impossible, nearly useless. The reason is they have balistics. What that means more or less, is that the arrow/bullet is actually there and effected by gravity. For example, everyone knows that if you shoot an arrow at someone and they move out of the way of that arrow before it hits, they will not be hit by it. The reason aimbots work in Crysis 2, COD, etc, is because there is no bullet. The game simply registers that you had your crossairs on that person and clicked fire. The bullet never flew from your gun to the target, there was never a bullet. So, because it travels instantly, aimbots can be used because if you click while your crossair is on their head they will be headshooted irregardless of if they are running/falling/jumping etc. Just to clarify for anyone who doesn't know.

While we're clarifying things, some people have a sever misunderstanding of what Valve Anti Cheat DOES.

It does not prevent that person from joining a server, it doesn't boot them from the match. What it does is it tracks that person, then permanently bans that person from playing multiplayer on VAC servers for that game again.

Granted, since you can get M&B:w without steam, this is pretty useless. So since we're on the topic, let's vote for a 3rd party anti-cheat system that can be easily implemented into the game! I only know of one that I've seen work consistently, and that's punk buster, but I haven't played BF2 in a looonnngg time, so I'm not sure if it's still good.

Psychological said:
I only know of one that I've seen work consistently, and that's punk buster,

"Valve's Steam overlay will also cause PunkBuster enabled servers to kick the user, forcing the user to disable the service before starting the game."

"It is not possible to use Punkbuster-enabled Windows games under Linux through Wine."

"It also does not work for Mac users."

Pretty sure it's also kicked me before for the Xfire in-game overlay as well, so err... let's not.

Yeah, it was always pretty iffy. Thanks for the headsup on those problems though, never heard of those.

So, Punk buster is out, what else is there?

which anti cheat systems do the other steam games use?
and
will they work with warband?

thats the two questions we have to answer.

possum said:
which anti cheat systems do the other steam games use?
and
will they work with warband?

thats the two questions we have to answer.

VAC and NO. Two questions that were just answered on this very page.

So, VAC is out, Punkbuster is out. I don't know of any other good ones. There's something like Cheatshield or something that I saw on a F2P game, but it was riddled with hackers...

Back
Top Bottom