is there some kind of cheat protection...

Users who are viewing this thread

possum

Knight
... in this game (MP)?

i never read or heard something about it before.

ps. the game should be currently renamed into "archers and cavalry"  :roll:. gues i will stick with some offline mods for another few months.

possum said:
... in this game (MP)?

ps. the game should be currently renamed into "archers and cavalry"  :roll:. gues i will stick with some offline mods for another few months.

Supposedly, there's Valve Anti-Cheat, but I'm not sure how it works.

MadocComadrin said:
possum said:
... in this game (MP)?

does it also work for non-steam versions?

i have absolutly no idea how it works.

possum said:
MadocComadrin said:
possum said:
... in this game (MP)?

does it also work for non-steam versions?

i have absolutly no idea how it works.

Not according to the option for it when setting up a server, something I have done occasionally to look at maps with bots to fight. I always untick it because it says Steam only.

so there is no real cheat protection in this game.

i wonder how many would lose their "skill" if a anti-cheat programm would be added  :mrgreen:

This game does not need anti-cheat program, everyone is trustfully on Warband.

Coming from a player who's been here since beta, we've only seen 1 major hack for warband which is fairly easy to identify. I'm not aware of any archery aimbots considering the difficulty of range + ballistic arc + imprecise bloom of even the best bows. Doesn't mean an aimbot doesn't exist, but I haven't seen anyone so good to suggest that such a thing exists.

LordHasek said:
Coming from a player who's been here since beta, we've only seen 1 major hack for warband which is fairly easy to identify. I'm not aware of any archery aimbots considering the difficulty of range + ballistic arc + imprecise bloom of even the best bows. Doesn't mean an aimbot doesn't exist, but I haven't seen anyone so good to suggest that such a thing exists.
They exist (or so I've been told), but it supposedly pointed at the head of a person. So like you said, no good.

Archery is mostly about geussing where your opponent will go to. So unless the aimbot get's some super smart AI with it, its not going to help you :razz:

And no, the valve-anti-cheat doesnt work at all.

Exactly, an aimbot wouldn't be allot of help.

But we all heard from the autoblock hax, with this you can enable autoblock on MP servers, even if that server has it disabled.
But you can eaasily see through that =)

Dandee said:
The cheats for Warband does not exist. I've never seen hackers.

if i could be so naive as you are.

ps. aimbots work in other games where you have to predict the target movements.

an increase to the weapon damage, range or armor protection is not really noticeable (except you use a 3m-range-dagger) but it gives you a big advantage.

Back
Top Bottom