Is Mythology the turth disguised as a Tale? or a Tale to disguise a Turth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, could very well be that the pope considered him to be an angel, the same kind of angel as Lucifer and you certainly know that Lucifer was also the light bearer and what could be wrong with bringing light to people who live in darkness. Angel doesn't necessarily mean that the concerning person has to be a saint in a good sense of the word it's just an attribute to a heavenly creature. Some people even claim that angels are in fact aliens who descended from the skies in their spacecrafts, therefore angel because they descended from the sky in an angle :smile:. Attila has the byname 'the scourge of god' in the Western world, so there was always a connection to god - he was the punishment for the sinners, which could also be paraphrased as purifier.

In my opinion, if I look at the pic, the pope kneels infront of Attila and begs him to spare Rome and the box infront of him symbolizes all the treasures the pope could scrounge in order to 'convince' Attila to leave Rome in peace. And that's the whole 'miracle' story thing that happened back then - the same miracles as happen today all around the world, if some politicians are being convinced to see the many advantages there are if they enforce a certain unexpected political decision which happens to come in quite handy for some giant corporations.

Or maybe it is just Santa who brought Attila his Christmas presents in a box and tries to hide himself but Attila nevertheless discovers him and then he either hits him with a stick because he didn't get what he wanted or he  harry-potters him... something like that.

NikeBG said:
That's a pretty cool looking cowboy there, btw! :smile:

Yeah, now that you've said it, I can see it too... he strikingly resembles Yul Brynner in 'The Magnificent Seven' or 'Westworld' if you ask me, except for maybe the mustache  :lol:

Didn't know you were into drawing, ancalimon. Might want to enhance your technique on drawing legs though, but I like the hat and the 'stache.

As for the story, imagine this: You're a pope, sitting in Rome. The Roman empire had just fallen apart, the whole continent is a mess, barbarians everywhere. The only thing that keeps your boat floating is christianity, and christianity is only alive until popedom exists. Then comes a new barbarian, who kicks all other barbarian and ex-roman asses, and he is banging at your door with hundreds of thousands of other vicious barbarians. Your only option to survive is if you manage to get your tongue deep enough into barbarian ass so they forget to skull**** your whole city with you on the lead. My question is: wouldn't you tell him that he is the holiest of holies, or Jebus 2, sent personally by God, just to save your sorry ass?

(And NOT Muhammed. He won't be born for another 100 years.)

From the pope's point of view. If Attila sacked the city and sat on the ruins, discarding the whole christian thing, that would have made a major change in christianity's history.

Rome was sacked several times, but that didn't do away the roman church at all. It's quite pointless to speculate if a sack in the time or at the hands of Attila could have been different.

I'm pretty sure even in those times the pope didn't consider his See to be the only Christianity in the world. And, well, any differing event that could've happened in those early times would've caused a major change today. Who knows, maybe if the Huns had taken Rome, they might have even settled in the area and become the "new" Lombards.

I meant if they were staying after sacking, of course. But that's far away the point I wanted to make. I just wanted to show why would Pope Leo kiss Attila's ass and glorify him to saint level.

well,according to the topic tittle,i just would say this
sometimes,Mythology is a truth that disguised as a tale,just like a glorious victory on a battle,people (eirther the winner or the loser) would gives some "taste" to their story,the winner might say that the general is a hero which blessed by the god while the loser might say that the enemy's general is using a kind of demonic power to cheat the battle
Tale disguise as a truth is pretty similar to that

For your information the papyrus is inside a protective case.

1861.jpg

1862.jpg

1863.jpg

Back
Top Bottom