Ice Hockey and Lacrosse thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Gestrician said:
crying-under-desk.gif

You're aware she's Canadian? Both in and out of character. Canada complete victory!

Rekt

GG no re, noob.

What a waste of time this Olympic tournament was. The only team that didn't underachieve was Canada, and they took the gold with a routine performance. I don't think Sweden played one single good game in the tournament, but they got to the finals nevertheless.

I've been rooting for the Swedish team 'cause of the Red Wings, but now I say **** their team, the Wings' Captain got hurt playing out there and they're an inch away from losing a playoff seat.  :mad:

Dryvus said:
They were too busy failing dope tests.
lol just the finns being sore losers, saying alergy medicine is doping. Even if the guy was on drugs its still only 1 guy. Just a little brother and big brother fight.

Yes Sweden did play like ****, it surprised me that all countrys except Canada were even more utterly worthless.

Hengwulf said:
How do you guys feel about this team

I couldn't care less. Did you look at the date on that article? The Canucks aren't bad right now, but they certainly aren't a championship team this year. I suppose it would be nice for them to win a cup one of these years.  :razz:

As for the whole bring the cup back to Canada, seems a bit silly to me. Part of why I like the NHL is that the teams are so international, it's not like there's ever been a year where a Canadian didn't go home a Stanley Cup Champion.

Hengwulf said:
and maybe other teams in the NHL. What are your favorites and which ones do you absolutely detest?

Red Wings, followed by the Flyers, followed by the Devils. If I detest any one team, it's Pittsburgh. I guess I used to not like the Avalanche, but the rivalry's been pretty much dead for the past ten years, and with Detroit moving to the Eastern Conference, it's likely dead forever.

JeanChristophe said:
Dryvus said:
They were too busy failing dope tests.
Even if the guy was on drugs its still only 1 guy.

Oh come on, knowing the NHl's stance towards anti doping, this is hardly the case. Backstrom was unfortunate enough to get caught, althought IOC broke their own regulations when they suspended him from playing two hours before the game.

Hengwulf said:
Reading up a bit about the NHL. Just read this stuff, about some hate against Vancouver Canucks.
http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/04/16/canucks-nation/

How do you guys feel about this team, and maybe other teams in the NHL. What are your favorites and which ones do you absolutely detest?

It says a lot about North American hockey. In Europe, rinks are bigger, so there's a lot more room for stickhandling and creativity. North Americans are pissed when a team, who's core consists of skilled European players with different ideology, dominate in their league. On the other hand, if a bulky and violent team were to dominate in the Finnish league, I imagine I would be similarly pissed. It comes down to preference. I, myself, prefer to marvel at skill rather than strength.

Sound Chaser said:
Hengwulf said:
Reading up a bit about the NHL. Just read this stuff, about some hate against Vancouver Canucks.
http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/04/16/canucks-nation/

How do you guys feel about this team, and maybe other teams in the NHL. What are your favorites and which ones do you absolutely detest?

It says a lot about North American hockey. In Europe, rinks are bigger, so there's a lot more room for stickhandling and creativity. North Americans are pissed when a team, who's core consists of skilled European players with different ideology, dominate in their league. On the other hand, if a bulky and violent team were to dominate in the Finnish league, I imagine I would be similarly pissed. It comes down to preference. I, myself, prefer to marvel at skill rather than strength.

It's not at all about style of play.

There are plenty of high skilled, less physical North American players. It just so happens that staunch defense wins more often than not (look at how much Team Canada dominated everybody)

Frankly, i'd take a chara over a karlsson anyday on any ice.

And as for vancouver:

It's not at all about the team being comprised of non-canadians. That's not it at all.

It's about the horrible media.

It happens in toronto, and it's worse. Phil Kessel, the most consistent top scorer over the last few years, the only person to be top 10 in scoring the last 3 years and #2 in points across the last 2 years (only 1 point behind malkin) gets **** on left and right. The guy is a ****ing scoring machine and his career doesn't lie.

same guys for the sedins. Great players. Great skilled duo, fun to watch, but the vancouver market and the ****ty vancouver knee-jerk folks just love to **** on them just because.

The mayor of montreal came out and criticized the canadiens' captain. What a ****.

That's what happens in hockey markets.

Tomorrow I am going to check out the Canucks - Senators classic. Found a youtube channel that uploads full games which makes it much easier to follow this awesome sport.

Playing NHL06: "Welcome to the Gaylord Entertainment Center at Nashville"  :mrgreen:

yeah how childish of me

Rebelknight said:
Folms said:
Speaking of Bruins... **** you Ovechkin.
Always hated Ovechkin ever since he refused to sign a kid autograph because he was French Canadian.

**** HIM and his narrow-mindedness.
French Canadians are the best Canadians.

Back
Top Bottom