Greeks Preview pgs 10 -> 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a question, cavalry got a longer spear?
Anyway, very nice preview on Etruscans and sahran you were right about Etruscan hoplites they were the richest class in that society.

Xenophon mentions the use of reed-like spears (On Horsemanship, if I remember correctly). Don't mention the word xyston, please, its accurate for hellenistic greece, but led to a discussion of like 20 pages for accuracy years ago.  :lol:

Yes, the cavalry uses longer spears.

EDIT:

Athens unique hoplites disengaging formation and charging vs latins:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lynores said:
Xenophon mentions the use of reed-like spears (On Horsemanship, if I remember correctly). Don't mention the word xyston, please, its accurate for hellenistic greece, but led to a discussion of like 20 pages for accuracy years ago.  :lol:

Yes, the cavalry uses longer spears.

EDIT:
Athens unique hoplites disengaging formation and charging vs latins:

HOLY MOLY! That right there is awesome
*prays silently* Please, please release the mod soon. I want my army of hoplites to obliterate my enemies......  :twisted: *ends prayer*

Basically each faction will have a standard tree. For example, peloponnesian league with peloponnesian hoplites (generic). Then you can go so some specific towns to recruit unique hoplites from that area. The npcs field hoplites from several towns that were part of their league as well as faction specific ones.

EDIT:

Doesn't apply only to hoplites either, it is the same with persia, carthage and other factions as well.

Macedonia forms their hoplites into ranks, its cavalry charges. Spartans decide to form a phalanx and hold. After first contact from the cavalry on the left wing, infantry charges on the right pushing through to the fifth row, then its total chaos.

Back
Top Bottom