Gore and Dismemberment - removeable limbs

Users who are viewing this thread

ArabArcher35 said:
Why is it that everyone without an avatar seems to be a sadomachistic little bastard, sucking at the teat of the great Armagan to sate their gore-lust?

That's - a proverbial teat, right? :shock:

Last night I did 116 points of damage with my two-handed katana on a mountain bandit.

I hit him right in the neck. On my horse I was. Top Speed.

If his head fell off, I would scream bloody murder. It would be good.
But I don't really mind.

It should happen only with slashing weapons, preferably two handed or when the inflicted damage is over... well ... 50?
And only once in 5 times?

I would Not mind that, really.

I want a fountain of blood flushing up into the sky when a head is cut of by my sadomachistic little bastard of a character. while such things might not actually happen easily in real combat, there's a grimness of real violence that cannot be mirrored by "realistic blood" or whatever people mean by that. A little overexaggurated gore would for me bring more realism and joy.

gore to the people.

All this talk of limb loss makes me want to GM a game of WFRP.  Hmm, "shock and bloodloss..."

From what I remember of my East Asia Area Studies class, things like what happened in the Last Samurai were fairly accurate (including the decapitations).  From what I remember, samurai duels were so deadly that the most common outcome was a double kill.  While limbs may not of flown every time, the blade of the katana was so sharp that a dying man merely flailing his arm as he fell could itself deliver a killing blow.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I think a small gout of blood, followed by the limb or head going "limp" would be enough to satisfy both realism and our bloodthirsty sides.  If any kind of decapitation or dismemberment would be put in the game, it should definitely be optional, and only happen on the "killing blow."  I think that programing in units losing limbs and still fighting, or continuing to adventure after limb loss would be too difficult a task for the payoff.  Just say the unit in question "died" and be done with it.

eric virgo said:
Last night I did 116 points of damage with my two-handed katana on a mountain bandit.
Howabout 217 with a morningstar? Damn that head would explode like a watermelon shot with a .50 dum dum. (No decapitation though).

why is it that everyone is so eager to stomp on everybody else's ideas on this forum?
and i'd say that the game has plenty of violence already, besides, its a GAME. not life.

Limbs CAN be severed if an Axe Blow is ver very lucky and dne with overwhelming force.And axe executions sometimes takes one blow,sometimes three.

Seriously, how hard would it be to spawn an identical, decapitated enemy body, in place of the normal one, at the point of impact (during a slash on the head region) and a bloody head above it and have it roll (shield physics engine) on the ground?

I'll code it:

If damage on [enemy model. pos. x,y,z] >40
and [enemyhead - hit box]
and ([left slash] or [right slash])
then [enemy model] =0
then spawn player model [decapitated body pos. x,y,z] + spawn player model [head pos. x,y,z but a little higher]
activate physics subrutine to [head pos. x,y,z but a little higher]
make fans happy.

Ok SHUT UP I HAD AN AMSTRAD 6128!!!!

Jaghatai Khan said:
Limbs CAN be severed if an Axe Blow is ver very lucky and dne with overwhelming force.And axe executions sometimes takes one blow,sometimes three.
So a situation that could easily be botched even given careful timing, with a target held immobile, should be included in the game?  What purpose does it serve?

Shamino said:
OMG when do you stop your *****ing calandale, seriously.
ha ha. He is a little prickly at times isn't he? On message boards there is no need to pick on anyone because we have moderators for that.

Sir Saladin said:
Shamino said:
OMG when do you stop your *****ing calandale, seriously.
ha ha. He is a little prickly at times isn't he? On message boards there is no need to pick on anyone because we have moderators for that.
Calandale was right and he wasn't really "*****ing."

Yes. I'd love the idea. A grizzly, gory medieval game that features no fantasy whatsoever.

It's as good as World of Starcraft

Back
Top Bottom