SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

You can already see a battlemap by pressing backspace or whatever it is...

I never use it and feel its cheating so i doubt i will add a different one.

So I just downloaded and played the Beta 7 +Hotfix 1 last night.

I must say, this mod is amazing! Has a few little errors, like Women being refered to as men, and little script errors pop up every now and again, but for being in beta is really fun, and playable.

I have tried to register on your official forums to help out with bug reports and suggestions but I never get sent an activation email, I've tried registering from different computer, and different emails.

I like the features you've added, and I really like that you can kill captured prisoners.

I have a couple suggestions that I think would be really cool. Like giving your captured Lords a 3rd option, to be sent to the Wall! And then after a fews days they end up at the wall where they can be "rescued" by their previous faction similar to the way you can do a prison break in other mods.

My 2nd suggestion and this is the only one I really want to see that will make this mod shine above other Game of Thrones style mods, is adopting an optional "Lance" recruitment system like in Anno Domini 1257 AD. I feel like the Lance recruitment system would fit the Game of Thrones world like a glove. Like when you recruit a Lance from a moderately wealthy fief you end up with 1 lvl 1 Cav, 2-3 mid tier infanty 3-4 low tier infantry/bowmen, and if you recruit from a wealthy town say, White Harbor for example, you end up with 1 high tier Cav, 2 mid/low Tier cav, 3-4 high-mid tier infantry, 4-5 low-mid tier infantry/bowmen.

Or maybe for more realism, if you are not a Vassal of the realm you recruit troops the old way, but if you are a Vassal of the Realm, you can recruit Lances from fief's that you personally hold.

3rd suggestions is allow the building of Manor in a way similar to Anno Domini 1257 AD. It makes the mid-tier gameplay alot more interesting and fun. Like now when you are new, and you get granted your little fief that makes like... no money, theres not much you can do to keep your wallet in the green other then exactly the same things you've been doing in the early game. But the Anno Domini Manor style system gives you options for mid-level gameplay.

Also thank you SOO much for not making all the troops just copied of the other factions troops!

I haven't' played them all just a bit of the Northern troops. But the little green dudes I think they are called Sea Pirates? Can't remember atm, but they seem really strong compared to my Mid-High tier Northern army, and I usually outnumber then 2-1. They all seem pretty buff clad in chainmail ect... and that is fine, but their loot drops don't seem to correlate with how tough they are to kill.

produno said:
You can already see a battlemap by pressing backspace or whatever it is...

I never use it and feel its cheating so i doubt i will add a different one.

Yea I'm kind of the same way, I don't have anything turned on, not even friendly banners. It negatively effect immersion imo.

*edit* and I almost forgot, not sure if its a widespread bug or if its just me. But putting troops into Formations IE infantry into shield wall, Cavalry into wedge, archers into ranks doesn't seem to be working not matter how many troops I have.

Please change the sword in loading screen image, T of thrones. It is the Strider sword (a 3rd rate replica sword, probably made in china or a rip-off from some online medieval armory) from LOTR as you can clearly understand from hilt design (very distinctive believe me) and its at least as lame as putting Narsil/Anduril in GoT graphic work.
It is irritating for people who are into swords & replicas.

Strider Sword : http://www.reliks.com/products/926/3.jpg

Imagine this in T : http://users.teol.net/~vojo/gallery/wip/Narsil_hilt.jpg

Ok was happy the new hotfix was out so I gave it a go.
First love the start of the new game nice one. it seems to be playing well, just want to let you no of 2 bugs I have come across .Sir Gregor  Ciegane at Harrenhal must be around 15 foot tall I am a tall guy in my new game and his guy is 2 times my size would not like to fight him in battle,
Kingslanding went to have a talk to cant remember his name now a guy in the great hall and could not come out of the chat he is always there , will come back with his name but I had to restart my game again this is a major bug.

Make babies.....  How to make babies?  This information needed!

Edit:  DONT talk to Grand Maester Pycell!!!  You will get stuck in a never ending loop of Alt F4 game ending lol. 

Varien101 said:
Edit:  DONT talk to Grand Maester Pycell!!!  You will get stuck in a never ending loop of Alt F4 game ending lol.

Yeah he likes to talk that one!! Im updating the hotfix 2 upload tonight with a fix.

Is it even possible to survive the initial quest? Too many well equipped Lannister soldiers against you (with the ****ty starting equipment), a lonely Stark troop and some useless rabble.

Considering the odds it seems designed for you to fail.

Articulo34 said:
Is it even possible to survive the initial quest? Too many well equipped Lannister soldiers against you (with the ****ty starting equipment), a lonely Stark troop and some useless rabble.

Pretty much yeah. It wouldnt make sense if you could destroy all the Lannister soldiers and stop them from slaying the Starks :wink:.

Btw, ive just uploaded a fix on Moddb, just awaiting re-authorization.

It fixes the game breaking Pycell bug
A small problem with a couple of quests
Some other dialogue problems and a few other small fixes.

A new game 'shouldnt' be needed, but on the side of caution i always would.

produno said:
Pretty much yeah. It wouldnt make sense if you could destroy all the Lannister soldiers and stop them from slaying the Starks :wink:.
I wasn´t sure. Viking Conquest´s story mode begins in a similar way, but it´s much more clear that you are supposed to die.

Articulo34 said:

Well, tbh i did and ..
nothing happened. No cheers or anything, just spawned near town as normal

Back
Top Bottom