SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

Could possibly be due to marraige, though i havnt touched (or even looked) at the code for that, so it could be a remenant of Brytenwalda. Ill see if i can do some digging around and find the cause of this.

Did you notice any relation changes when looking at the notes or game messages tab after being married? It would be extremely helpfull if we knew the exact point at which the relations changed.

Cheers.

Hi guys

I recently started playing Warband so I'm pretty new to the game itself. And frankly I only did so because of this mod and the other one, ACoK. So firstly I want to congratulate to those who made these modes, kudos.

Now to the point I have a few questions. Playing the Native mode doesn't feel as difficult as AWIAF, my main problem is when I head into battle my troops don't attack, they stand still unless I give them movement commands all the time. They stand spinning or running around the spawn location like headless chickens. I didn't have this problem on the ACOK though the troops start to fighting like normal.

Another issue I tend to get overpowered by enemies they zerg me like I'm nobodies business. And enemy troops seems to have more HP compared to native.

Now I want to know is there a way to improve the situation? Cause I really like this mod, it seems to have more stuff going on in it. And the map feels right (I dunno if it's randomly generated or accurate to the real thing, it even has the Night Watch and the Wildlings).

@Darkfie1d

I upped all the stats because everyone said it was too easy. It may be tweaked later but were not at that stage yet. Same goes for battle ai, this will most probably be tweaked too.

bearyn said:
The sound that declares the new day is really annoying.

Been removed for the next release :smile:.

For everyone else. Which lord/npc would you most like to see or interact with in the game?

produno said:
For everyone else. Which lord/npc would you most like to see or interact with in the game?
That's a toughie, depending on the dialogue offered. ;D

Roose Bolton for some truly perverse antics hidden behind that iron exterior.
Victarion Greyjoy and the rest of the Greyjoy brothers for some diverse skillsets, ideologies, and motives.
Lots of interesting stuff!

produno said:
Would be good to have varied interactions with main book characters. Lords and other npcs alike.

Another idea, you could name some known secondary npcs such as Mikken(weaponsmith for House Stark) or Vayon Poole(instead of Guildmaster). Not neccessarely make these guys more interactable than standard weaponsmith/guildmaster, just name them for more immersion.

Singers too could be named.

produno said:
Been removed for the next release :smile:.

Yay! That was my only gripe with Brytenwalda!

Naming singers is a great idea for the immersion.

Regarding NPC's:
I'd suggest adding (Copy & paste from acok forum)

Increasing the amount of sell swords in Lord's armies. (like 0% - 15% of the force)
Personally I love it when I'm fighting a lord or with one and they have sellswords amongst their regular troops. Really helps diversify the battles.
It's also noted a lot in chapters revolving around battles that Free Riders and Hedge Knights are very, very common.
Increasing the amount of sell swords specifically to Dragonstone Lords would also make his (Stannis) armies a lot more lore friendly since the vast majority of them pre shadow daemon were sell swords.

"That paltry rabble I see there huddled under the castle walls? I’ll call them five thousand and be generous, codfish lords and onion knights and sell swords. Half of them are like to come over to me before the battle starts. You have fewer than four hundred horse, my scouts tell me-freeriders in boiled leather who will not stand an instant against armored lances."

Or maybe adding a few Sell sword (getting sick of typing that now) vassals in the mix to Dragonstone. Not necessarily Saladhor Sann (the one everyone knows) since he's a Sell sail but a couple of lore friendly named mercenary vassals makes sense in my mind.

If this idea is hated please let me know so I can stop hoping for it :razz:

Loving the brutality of this mod.  Wish there were less dopplegangers of characters, but that's a given with an alpha mod.

Keep it up.  Following, and waiting (with bated breath) for more.

New poll up.

A few people have expressed their dis-like to the ship battles and the way the ship moves on the battlemap causing problems.

The old poll expressed a want for more pictures. I have been populating the moddb site with more screenshots and will continue to do so.

Never actually had a sea battle in Brytenwalda as I avoided them like the plague after the horrible static ones in Floris.
I don't know how bad the current ones are but they really can't be much worse than the horrible static ones can they?
Floris and aCoK's sea battles were just 200 men on either side of a plank taking turns hitting each other whilst you sat at the back of your boat unable to do anything.

Snuff_The_Rooster said:
Never actually had a sea battle in Brytenwalda as I avoided them like the plague after the horrible static ones in Floris.
I don't know how bad the current ones are but they really can't be much worse than the horrible static ones can they?
Floris and aCoK's sea battles were just 200 men on either side of a plank taking turns hitting each other whilst you sat at the back of your boat unable to do anything.
Yes they can.

Tros said:
Just wanted to say that this game is really buggy on naval combat.

Sometimes when starting a naval battle I start underwater and get knocked out instantly.

Also I can somehow fall off from a boat (although I am still standing on one) and die as well.

produno said:
New poll up.

A few people have expressed their dis-like to the ship battles and the way the ship moves on the battlemap causing problems.

The old poll expressed a want for more pictures. I have been populating the moddb site with more screenshots and will continue to do so.

Can you make it an option to disable them through the camp menu, but have them included if that's what we choose to play with?

Articulo34 said:
Snuff_The_Rooster said:
Yes they can.

Tros said:
Just wanted to say that this game is really buggy on naval combat.

Sometimes when starting a naval battle I start underwater and get knocked out instantly.

Also I can somehow fall off from a boat (although I am still standing on one) and die as well.

I will have a go at it then and give a more fully informed opinion tonight

Update -

I played the sea battles on both aWoIaF and Brytenwalda. I don't understand how they aren't static?
It's just a different (better in my opinion) scene.
With three boats and planks rather than Floris's two.
I would much rather have this scene than the Floris one (or one like it).
On the note of ships though I think 35000 is a bit high, is it not 20000 in Brytenwalda?

Back
Top Bottom