Future weapons: Cool stuff, or just toys?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd just like to point out that the host is a stupid douchebag who knows little or nothing about weapons and only got on the show because he's a "former marine (Oooooh!)" and because he can play it off like he does. Smug *******.

Raelzak said:
I'd just like to point out that the host is a stupid douchebag who knows little or nothing about weapons and only got on the show because he's a "former marine (Oooooh!)" and because he can play it off like he does. Smug *******.

Yeah.

"The difference between the 9mm and the .45 caliber is like being hit by a tennis ball or a medicine ball.(grr)"

Have you tried it, mother****er?

Raelzak said:

Actually, ex-Navy SEAL.

And, people these days wish they were in war, but are to big of pussies to enlist, so they think that him being badass makes them cooler, boosting rating.

Remember, TV isn't about you, it's about the ratings.

I never understood why the Americans changed form the 7.62 round in the firs tplace. Everyone, the Russians still have it, even the British had their .303...

Now there's the NATO 5.56 which fires ****.

That thing is crappy. You know why the AK is good? Because if it jams, you can take it apart completely, clean it and put it back together within 30 seconds. And its cheap. It's accurate enough for urban warfare, and that, in recent times, is all that you reallly need.

Chronicus_Maximus said:
6mm intermediate cartridges should be the new thing.

Hopefully, there is definitely a need for a heavier cartridge, but no need to really go back to 7.62.  I've seen AR15s chambered for .308, but never fired one myself.

Well Futureweapons is well, OK.

One thing I hate is that they mostly explore with stupid vehicles and stuff.
The only Weapons I have seen On there that are small arms are Land warrior and that one that is super reliable.

I want to see the future of pistols and stuff, I dont care about tanks and boats.

RR_Raptor65 said:
On the issue of 5.56 caliber rifles, the problem is yes, they do make a huge mess of the poor guy who gets hit by this round, but he probably won't start to care until after the shooting stops.  Shoot him with a larger, heavier caliber and he'll get the point right away.  I myself would rather have to shoot an enemy only once rather than pound 5 extra rounds from my magazine into him before he drops.
Which is why Russians went with 9mm (rifle ammunition - not the parabellum round) for "Groza" ("thunder") assault rifle. Good for urban warfare since bullet has better chance of going though whatever cover people take.

One of the reason for switching to 5.56 mm in NATO (and later to 5.45 mm in WP) was to reduce the weight of ammunition. With modern warfare, supply lines are not as much of an issue since real armies are not facing real armies. It is damn impossible for Iraq insurgents to cut off a unit of US troops for a long time.

I dunno, I think it'd be pretty interesting to switch back to the .30-06. I can't see rechambering the M16 or its variants/clones to it, it would jam up like a ***** I'd imagine and doubly so in rough terrain, but since they're adamant on developing a new weapon, I think going bullpup with a 7.62mm would be pretty nice. Good stopping power, shortened down further then a carbine, so good in urban environment, and only moderate recoil stacked up against similar chambered weapons like the AK-47. Just one thing, make it out of metal and make its parts loose, take a page from the Russians :razz:

Raelzak said:
I dunno, I think it'd be pretty interesting to switch back to the .30-06. I can't see rechambering the M16 or its variants/clones to it, it would jam up like a ***** I'd imagine and doubly so in rough terrain, but since they're adamant on developing a new weapon, I think going bullpup with a 7.62mm would be pretty nice. Good stopping power, shortened down further then a carbine, so good in urban environment, and only moderate recoil stacked up against similar chambered weapons like the AK-47. Just one thing, make it out of metal and make its parts loose, take a page from the Russians :razz:

I saw a commercial AK in .30-06, looked like a beast.

6.5 looks promising, great ballistic coefficient
MVC-509F.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgrkp8N0HUs

Then i would have a h&k g41 chambered for it.
Hkg41cover.jpg

**** guns, minature Tesla coils fitted to the fingertips so you can hurl lightning like the good old emperor. Lets see any ****er stand up to an army of that*

*Obviously, we'll put a metal grille over the exhaust ports this time.

Looks like they took the Swedish 6.5x55mm and cut it down similar to .308, not a bad idea, the 6.5x55mm was way ahead of its time.

Archonsod said:
**** guns, minature Tesla coils fitted to the fingertips so you can hurl lightning like the good old emperor. Lets see any ****er stand up to an army of that*

*Obviously, we'll put a metal grille over the exhaust ports this time.

You insult the Tess with your scientifically perverted ideas! *

tesla.jpg

:wink:

*Yeah, I know i would want one too.

Back
Top Bottom