Erik the Ruler - A M&B:Wfas AAR

Users who are viewing this thread

Introduction

Dear Diary,

My name is Erik, as my name shows I am a ruler, or at least I will be. I am traveling from my Scandinavian home to partake in the wars of this region. I hear there are many spoils to be had and interesting rumors being thrown around. I am travelling here myself, no friends and a little bit of food. I start to sort out my weapons and armor. I am proficient with firearms as my father, he used to be the best shot in our town! My mother was a fast runner, they held annual races for prizes and rum. Though I am young I spent much time with my father hunting out in the wild and forging swords and hammers. I grew strong from this, but I also had strong legs.

34ircd2.jpg

18op4o.jpg

Once I reached the land I started wandering through when I reached a small villiage. I heard men yelling for help. I couldn't help but wonder what was going on, so I ran. I cut down the fence in front of me and killed my opposing enemy. I ran over to the men only to hear: "Stay sharp! There are more of them!" I helped as much as I could killing a few.

bg2y4w.jpg

After they were dealt with he came up to me, I readied my sword. Thankfully he seemed friendly, he wanted to thank me and told me that we should get out of this town before more of those monstrous men arrived. We road out of the village only to find more bandits. We made quick work of them but one managed to hit me with his stick scratching my back. I have to say it felt pretty good getting back in action after days of travelling. After we got out he formally introduced himself.

344t5aa.jpg

He told of where to go to get some easy gold. A village elder in Zamoshye needed some help with supplies and bandits, but that is an adventure that I will take another day.

Awesome. I too had started playing again. (With Csatadi mod, I highly recommend it, improves vanilla like a much needed patch, with extra meta-game friendly goodies.)

It's great to see someone writing an AAR.

I want to write one as well, but AARs are more entertaining when they include screenshots. I don't know how to take screens other than with the Steam app, which doesn't always work. I don't know how to paste them into the text, either, and can't find any instructions on the forum.

Could you please help me out here? Then we could read each other's AARs and exchange compliments :wink:.

YourStepDad said:
Awesome. I too had started playing again. (With Csatadi mod, I highly recommend it, improves vanilla like a much needed patch, with extra meta-game friendly goodies.)
Please link?
michaelrym said:
It's great to see someone writing an AAR.

I want to write one as well, but AARs are more entertaining when they include screenshots. I don't know how to take screens other than with the Steam app, which doesn't always work. I don't know how to paste them into the text, either, and can't find any instructions on the forum.

Could you please help me out here? Then we could read each other's AARs and exchange compliments :wink:.
Use Ctrl+F11 to screenshot. In warband you can also use Ctrl+F9 for slowmotion but this game was made 75% original mount and blade. For ingame screenshots you go to "My Documents" and in there you will find Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword. Inside that enter the screenshots folder then there will be another folder inside. It wont be called "native" but it is your native screenshots. After you know where they are go to Tinypic.com and insert your pictures there. For size I recommend their "message board" setting.

I wish I'd read that byesterday... spent four hours looking through the threads to find the answer. Thank you!

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195421.0.html

It isn't save compatible, but you can import your current Erik char (open the statistic screen in your current character's save, click export, download csatadi mod, start a new character with the mod selected in the launcher, he must have the same name as your previous character, click import, voila. Your stats and gold earned will be transfered to the new character, however renown, honor, equipment, companions and armies will not.

YourStepDad said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195421.0.html

It isn't save compatible, but you can import your current Erik char (open the statistic screen in your current character's save, click export, download csatadi mod, start a new character with the mod selected in the launcher, he must have the same name as your previous character, click import, voila. Your stats and gold earned will be transfered to the new character, however renown, honor, equipment, companions and armies will not.
Well I just got out of the tutorial thing so I think I am good.

Back
Top Bottom