Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have a problem. I got the Dragonstone and handed it over to the Whiterun court wizard, but I interrupted his conversation with Delphine, gave it to him, and ran upstairs so I could skip all the talk and get to the next quest.

I just came back from Ustevgrad, but Delphine is still in Dragonsreach and doesn't have any quest dialogue. Halp?

I fixed it! Here's how, for anyone that has an identical or similar problem.

1. Open up the console by pressing the ~ key.

2. Type in "prid", then by the reFID of the character which can be found on the character's page of the UESP wiki. Delphine's is 00013485, so you would type "prid 00013485". After this is typed in, press Enter.

3. If it worked right, the reFID will appear right on top of the console bar. If it does, type "moveto player"

4. The character will spawn right next to you. In this case, Delphine was spawned at her inn, and all her dialogue lines came back.

Pretty handy info, i had problems in my first playthrough with the dark brotherhood and didint know how to fix it.

Are the backstab moves where you slice someone's throat random or am I doing something wrong? Because it's so satisfying to slice their throats but my character never does it, only rarely.

Hmm. :/

Usually I just slash them in the back and they drop dead to the ground. Only on rare occasions I get a badass move.

Do I have to use a power attack or what?  :sad:

Moss said:
Has to be a power attack and the kill moves only happen if they're the last person in an area/no one is aware of you.
If you approach from behind while people are at least mostly unaware, you can cut their throat w/o using a power attack.

Serves me right for talking when I haven't played a stealth character then. :razz:

Ljas said:
I've had killmoves in the middle of a crowded fight
That's odd, every second killmove mod boasts changes to disable the no more enemies remaining condition, but then again it wouldn't be the first time modders have changed a game setting without actually checking to see if it does anything.

Yup, had killmoves in crowded places as well. It's silly when your character finishes his dramatic kill, and stands around for a second during which another enemy gets a free swing. Don't know if it deals any damage, though.

You know, now that I think of it, the questlines for guilds are pretty short but they all have their cool moments, like when
you fight the skeleton dragon in the labyrinthian and a bunch of pelt-wearing skeletons.
Oblivion did indeed have decent lengths, but only the DB had truly special moments.

The mages guild in Oblivion was abysmal, I thought. Lots of running around and monotonous tasks (especially the darn beginning).

I haven't gotten to start the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild in Skyrim yet, mainly because my heavy armour-one handed-destruction magic hybrid isn't too good at being quiet.

Splintert said:
The mages guild in Oblivion was abysmal, I thought. Lots of running around and monotonous tasks (especially the darn beginning).

I haven't gotten to start the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild in Skyrim yet, mainly because my heavy armour-one handed-destruction magic hybrid isn't too good at being quiet.

Shockingly enough you don't need stealth at all for the Dark Brotherhood and IIRC only a tiny bit of stealth for the Thieves Guild.

You don't need stealth, but they're a lot more fun if you use stealth! Don't sell yourself short.

Anyway, that's how I found a lot of the quests in both Skyrim and Oblivion: too much running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom