Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanged said:
New Argonian image.  Lookin' good.  Makes me want to start a snake-cult.

scaled.php

That looks like the one I posted. :razz:

Oh... maybe not so new then...  :oops:

Looks cool though.  I like the neck.  Proves that NPCs can dual-wield spells too, though I already believed them about that.  I feel like re-installing Oblion for some reason, but I know I'll only uninstall in a couple of days.  Unless that big Russian mod comes out in English soon. 

I don't understand this hatred of Steam. They're not playing favorites with developers and kicking people out of the treehouse. Hell, if I want to look into some indie games the first place I'll look is Steam. There are tons of indie games on Steam, with more being released by the day it seems. Valve isn't placing some kind of stranglehold on the video game industry, they're making it more accessible.

The only legitimate complaint about Steam that I've ever found in my years of using it has to be offline mode. You have to log in before you can go into offline mode, which means you need an internet connection for at least a couple of minutes so you can log in and switch to offline mode. It's worth noting that if you have a smartphone you can probably set up a temporary hotspot and connect to the internet that way long enough to log in. However, this only affects certain games. Many 3rd-party games purchased through Steam go into your Steam\steamapps\common\ folder, and most of the time those games can be launched without Steam. For instance, I can run ArmA 2, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas without Steam, just to name a few. I'm certain if you buy hard copies of games that require activation on Steam you likely won't have to log in to Steam to play them.

When my internet is down, and I run Steam, it first tries to connect to the servers, realizes it can't, then asks "Would you like to start Steam in offline mode?"

I click yes, and it works fine, and I can play every single game I've got downloaded from them. I seriously don't know what you people are complaining about with the offline mode.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Because protecting your games from pirates has worked so very well in the past without online activation systems. Besides, Id propably link it to Steam anyway, dont see why not.

Online activation systems get cracked all the time, it's just a matter of tricking the application in thinking it has a connection with the server while it actually is being connected with a fake "server" that activates the application. It just takes 2 minutes more for the pirate-user to go through that process. Requiring the user to use Steam for this as a method of piracy prevention is ****ing stupid, as it doesn't help ****. It only annoys customers who don't want to use third party software. Nowhere does it say that there will be no non-Steam versions though, so I'm still hoping.

AWdeV said:
I really really really loathe **** like that. I don't want to sign up for more ****, I don't care about bloody achievements or unwanted auto-updates. If it turns out I'll need steam to play this game, then **** it, I'll probably not play it. I've got a copy of DoWII laying around which I've never used because I ******** refuse to do anything with steam. I bought it to play in single ******** player christ almighty.

******** depressing nonsense.

I'm with him.

I always hated steam too to be honest. And I Hate games that require online play (like Grand Theft Auto IV/ C&C4) because half the time I'm not even on a connection - so why do I need internet just so I can play a single player game?

So my pre-order is going to come with two free Elder Scrolls books (The Infernal City and Lord of Souls). They any good?

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PC-Games/The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Pre-order-edition/9868000/

Aurora_Alexi said:
I always hated steam too to be honest. And I Hate games that require online play (like Grand Theft Auto IV/ C&C4) because half the time I'm not even on a connection - so why do I need internet just so I can play a single player game?

You can use steam while offline.

*Reads the last two pages of this thread, sighs about people *****ing about Steam, and goes into a new thread

Nothing wrong with not wanting to be required to use Steam. I don't have Steam on my computer. It means I need to install third party software to play one game. Two applications, to play one game. I don't want that on my computer, simply because it's unnecessary. I like to keep my computer as clean as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom