Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piracy is distributing out non authorized copies something you done have permission to hand out... It's kinda impossible to pirate and keep it to yourself.
Torrents have you distributing the whole time as well. Maybe your Mom is just retarded.

Rahn said:
Christ, Steam really isn't that bad, aside from the miserable download speed and requiring internet connection to function properly. It's not perfect, but it functions well enough.

Unless you have a very unstable ISP like me. I'll still play the game but it's going to be a much more miserable experience if retail needs Steam(which seem undoubted now). Of course it's either unstable or dial up grade speeds.

Kamos32 said:
Unless you have a very unstable ISP like me. I'll still play the game but it's going to be a much more miserable experience if retail needs Steam(which seem undoubted now). Of course it's either unstable or dial up grade speeds.

My connection is ****e. Dial up speeds (not actual dial up though) as well, even. I find steam to be very convenient. Because one can *gasp!* pause the download if needed and contrary to popular belief, it does work offline as well

Verbeek said:
Steam is pretty nice, actually.

x2

The download rate is faster than Gamersgate, at least. Though I still sometimes buy through Gamersgate, because I've been kind to it, and it returns the favor through discounts.

Got used to Steam, don't hate it too much, though I use it very rarely, just to nab the odd demo or stuff like the free giveaway of Portal from a while back.  At least Valve actually make an effort to make it usable, functional, and not too annoying (so long as you disable it from running at start-up).  Never bought anything off it.  Never will.

GFWL really is the kind of online DRM that's worth despising.  And this move toward everything being online all the time, or requiring an internet connection to start, is worrying.  I remember not having internet, there might soon come a time when I don't have it again.  If I'd bought a load of games on Steam or GFWL I'd no longer be able to play them - I'd be locked out of my own property. 

Burgass said:
You mean share it as in give it to someone else via the means of torrents?
No I mean..share it after you download it. like..burn on a DvD and then give it to your friends etc.
Goker said:
Arcadius112 said:
Burgass said:
That's not really legal, it's called not getting caught,
It is quite legal here.
If it is legal, then why is there a pirating section in the police force?
People still share it, it goes under that section.
Now, I'd like to stop spamming this thread.
Feel free to PM me and I will gladly continue this conversation with anyone.

Comrade Temuzu said:
FrisianDude said:
If Steam doesn't sell it then practically no-one will buy it, maybe not even hear of it.
Yeah, nobody will buy Battlefield 3. Dooooooom! Dooooooooooooom!
Yeah, no one bought minecraft because it wasn't on steam

I don't mind steam, it's not bad at all. My only problem with it is that once in a blue moon the servers might be a bit wonky.

Steamworks games just means you need to activate it on steam. I don't see a problem with it. It's not gonna stop me from playing this game. There's no reason it should.

Comrade Temuzu said:
FrisianDude said:
If Steam doesn't sell it then practically no-one will buy it, maybe not even hear of it.
Yeah, nobody will buy Battlefield 3. Dooooooom! Dooooooooooooom!
Yeah, thanks for that. Now consider that instead of BF 3 they might refuse to sell a good game for no real good reason. Kinda how Bethesda is up the Minecraft-maker's ass now. A good game not sold. Okay, just one. Sure. But if everyone accepts that Steam would be the only real venue then eventually everything goes via Steam, no? Picture that as a ball. The outer crust is Steam. Everything beneath the crust is developers. A developer outside the crust? Can hardly sell because hardly anyone knows it. A gamer outside the crust? Either has to be lucky and find those games that are hardly sellable or has to submit to Steam.

Steam might not be all that bad but a developer still is practically forced to participate. A gamer is still practically forced to participate. And for what, when it really comes down to it?

K-64 said:
Kamos32 said:

My connection is ****e. Dial up speeds (not actual dial up though) as well, even. I find steam to be very convenient. Because one can *gasp!* pause the download if needed and contrary to popular belief, it does work offline as well

Speed isn't really my issue with my current ISP. Though my aversion to wanting to downgrade speed for stability is.
To keep my speed I deal with instability which tends to mean it could go down at any time with no warning or at least take a huge dip causing me to be booted out. This gets me locked out of all my Steam games(two or three only luckily) unless I play in offline mode all the time. And that really defeats the whole purpose of forcing steam on me in the first place when I could do a one time online activation instead.
To me it's just a cluster **** of uselessness when it's entirely possible to make it optional for retail or gamergate versions and so on while still having steam for those who like it.

Steam didn't refuse to sell BF3. EA ****ed off with their dickish attitude that Origin will be better and **** everyone else.

K-64 said:
contrary to popular belief, it does work offline as well

There are conditions, which are quite common, that make offline mode useless. Something to the effect of "Offline mode cannot execute offline mode while offline. " For offline mode to function, steam needs to be running before you lose your connection.

Devercia said:
K-64 said:
contrary to popular belief, it does work offline as well

There are conditions, which are quite common, that make offline mode useless. Something to the effect of "Offline mode cannot execute offline mode while offline. "

Obviously your offline status wasn't offline enough for offline mode to recognise how offline your offline internet was.

Offline.

New Argonian image.  Lookin' good.  Makes me want to start a snake-cult.

scaled.php

Higher-res versions available elsewhere obviously.

Funny little bit from the Beth forums:

scaled.php

Bethesda seem to have a decent sense of humour, but I can't say it translates well into the games.  Oblivion and Fallout 3's attempts at humour were mostly painful. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom