Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there's any options for divorce. You could swear off just before shoving her/him onto a trap you want to get by.

I think it would be better to marry a rich woman, then use her to disable a trap. As a widower, inherit the estate!

An4Sh said:
Am I the only one who sees potential in dragon-bait wives?
That'd be wasteful. :???:
Assuming wife in this context also means proper wooing, love and all that stuff.
Children on the other hand are more readily available. A renewable resource. Klimapolitisch* worthwhile.

*no idea how to translate it

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1207390-skyrim-fan-interview/

New info about lots of things.

Wellenbrecher said:
Klimapolitisch* worthwhile.

*no idea how to translate it

Environmentally friendly?

But hey, this links in neatly with that other thread in the AG. Throwing babies to knock down distract a giant sounds hella sweet.

"The main difference is that the upper and lower body armors, the cuirass and greaves, have been combined into one piece. This helps create armor styles that have the look we needed for Skyrim"

Aww

Aww poor jerrybrecher.

Grunar said:
"The main difference is that the upper and lower body armors, the cuirass and greaves, have been combined into one piece. This helps create armor styles that have the look we needed for Skyrim"

Aww

That's butt-tarded. Not even a good reason either. In the next TES game we can only wear complete pre-made suits I suppose. Morrowind had loose cuirass, greaves, boots, pauldrons, gauntlets, helm, Oblivion dropped the pauldrons and Skyrim reduces it further?! WHEN WILL IT END!

III: Helmet, cuirass, left pauldron, right pauldron, greaves, boots, right gauntlet, left gauntlet, shirt, pants, robe.

IV: Helmet, armour, greaves, boots, gauntlets.

V: Helmet, armour, boots, gauntlets.

I was kind of hoping they take a step in the other direction this time, but I guess it's not so terrible. Their reasoning is pretty shoddy as though, as anyone who's used the tailor maid mod for Fallout3/NV can attest.

Somebody will quickly mod in separate armor pieces, so I'm not worried, just disappointed. They don't gain much time in mesh and texture making by joining them together, do they ? And they just reduce one of the most fundamental parts of roleplaying in western RPGs: playing dress up with your grizzled middle-aged dragon slayer.

Verbeek said:
gay elves
Isn't that redundant?

Selothi said:
Somebody will quickly mod in separate armor pieces, so I'm not worried, just disappointed. They don't gain much time in mesh and texture making by joining them together, do they ? And they just reduce one of the most fundamental parts of roleplaying in western RPGs: playing dress up with your grizzled middle-aged dragon slayer.
I seriously doubt that, AFAIK no such mods were made for Oblivion either. Personally I don't mind the simplification so much as the bull**** excuse for it. Performance boost? Who does he think he's talking to, a bunch of mental hospital inmates?

If Skyrim has anywhere near as many equipment slots as Fallout or Obliv, then things should be fine. Slice armour models up, polish them and assign them to varying slots.

Although we'll probably have to stick to the Tailor Maid-style stuff, still better than nothing. And I'm loathe to agree with you, but yeah, how much performance boost can you get from using one mesh instead of two ?

Quite a bit, judging by the phrase "[...] the upper armor would completely cover the lower armor, making it unnecessary."

I doubt there'd be a game changing difference though, if an added pair of pants is enough to cause performance issues they've clearly got bigger problems. :razz:

Should be interesting to see what they mean by that, I've seen no skirts on any of the armours so far.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Selothi said:
I seriously doubt that, AFAIK no such mods were made for Oblivion either. Personally I don't mind the simplification so much as the bull**** excuse for it. Performance boost? Who does he think he's talking to, a bunch of mental hospital inmates?

I know at least one mod in oblivion that separates pauldrons from cuirasses.

EDIT: On the bright side, it will probably make the inventory less cluttered.

I guess we have to buy less armour aswell  :razz:,  well as long as the armour looks badass i'm ok with it i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom