Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like having the option to be married, good ol' roleplay and all that. Doesn't mean i'll get married but if I want to the option is there.

Havoc said:
good ol' roleplay

This. To me, other than the technical and gameplay elements of any game, one of the most serious elements is immersion. For me, having the option of marriage, even if it is a simple NPC inhabiting the same house, will aid this immersion, as long as it is implemented properly.

I think the ''average'' gamer is most likely a CoD player.
Anyway, I don't see the point in saying that the option shouldn't be there. If you don't want it, don't use it. It's not like they're making everything into My Little Pony.

Lyze said:
Havoc said:
good ol' roleplay

This. To me, other than the technical and gameplay elements of any game, one of the most serious elements is immersion. For me, having the option of marriage, even if it is a simple NPC inhabiting the same house, will aid this immersion, as long as it is implemented properly.
That's the catch, innit? Given that this is a monster-fighting, dragon-slaying rpg, it's going to be a secondary feature, and as such almost certainly underdeveloped and with little depth. Heck, even dialogs themselves are going to be even more simplified than in the previous TES games.

Nodscouter said:
I think the ''average'' gamer is most likely a CoD player.
Anyway, I don't see the point in saying that the option shouldn't be there. If you don't want it, don't use it. It's not like they're making everything into My Little Pony.
Well that kinda depends on how in-your-face it is, I can think of plenty of features in games that shouldn't have been there and made the experience worse because they couldn't be avoided. If it's entirely optional, I don't have a problem. If it's required for the plot or some quests, then that I'm not happy with.
And FYI I love My Little Pony.

Alright, then, Wraith, you go be bitter in your little corner. The chance that something will be terrible if it isn't implemented properly is very high. I fail to see how that applies only to 'secondary' features. Simply because it is a secondary feature does not mean they will not attend to it, or else they would have made the design decision to cut it out of the game, as they have stated in interviews that they have done for some things.

Well, since you're able to make friends and drag them into caves, get them to give you stuff and even stay at their houses I'll just assume that they'll do a good job of this marrage thing.

Lyze said:
Simply because it is a secondary feature does not mean they will not attend to it, or else they would have made the design decision to cut it out of the game, as they have stated in interviews that they have done for some things.

Dunno. Maybe they have it in because people seem to like the feature, and simply having it in there, will up the sales. I'm suspecting the same as Ringwraith. All these new out-of-context -features will most likely end up bland and meaningless; you can do stuff like get married, but you won't feel anything because it won't affect anything. You just have wife in the house standing there and you probably won't even see her naked. Not my cup of tea, but it's possible that I'm wrong and it will end up being the greatest thing ever. I just doubt it, but don't go all ape**** about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom