Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dryvus said:
Is that game still not ****ing out yet???
Nope. :lol: I don't know what it is with early access indie games and massively long development times. Kerbal Space Program's the same kind of thing. I recently realized it's been more than three years since I played the first alpha version they released, and they're still at version 0.24 or some ****. How the time flies, huh? I remember checking the roadmap for Starbound a long time ago, probably a year or two, and everything on it was pretty much complete with the least finished things being 98% or something like that. Well, it's still not out, and recently they've been going "let's scrap the entire combat system and replace it with something else, and while we're at it let's scrap the tile rendering system and start over from scratch on that as well". Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, I'd rather wait longer for a good game than get a ****ty one soon, but c'mon. As evil as publishers can be, this whole thing with developers being funded directly by customers and therefore having no editorial oversight whatsoever isn't all it's cracked up to be either.

I guess everyone needs someone to point at and go "at least I'm not doing as badly as them"... :lol: Though the KSP team at least seems to be reining in the feature creep a bit lately.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Dryvus said:
Is that game still not ****ing out yet???
Nope. :lol: I don't know what it is with early access indie games and massively long development times. Kerbal Space Program's the same kind of thing. I recently realized it's been more than three years since I played the first alpha version they released, and they're still at version 0.24 or some ****. How the time flies, huh? I remember checking the roadmap for Starbound a long time ago, probably a year or two, and everything on it was pretty much complete with the least finished things being 98% or something like that. Well, it's still not out, and recently they've been going "let's scrap the entire combat system and replace it with something else, and while we're at it let's scrap the tile rendering system and start over from scratch on that as well". Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, I'd rather wait longer for a good game than get a ****ty one soon, but c'mon. As evil as publishers can be, this whole thing with developers being funded directly by customers and therefore having no editorial oversight whatsoever isn't all it's cracked up to be either.
I have to agree entirely. I've grown very skeptical of crowd-funding. Developers grow a little too comfortable in their "entitlement" for my taste. Noone's pressuring you, but at least make people think that yes, funding you was a great idea and that you're working disciplined and with defined goals, with even more effort because you're not being pressured by the big bad publishers but being trusted by people to deliver them a game they funded themselves.

I need help with character motivation of all things. I've revamped my Dunmer ex-ordinator character on my new install. Started him out as a refugee from Morrowind in Raven Rock. Now I need a good reason for him to go to Skyrim because I've done pretty much all the quests I can feasibly do at early-game levels in Solstheim. Problem is I can't really think of any reason why he'd go there. Why the **** couldn't Beth make some cross-worldspace questlines or something? :mad:

You could leave because of all the brainwashing going on by some villain that you can't handle yet. Or take the boat because you're doing some weird skooma smuggling deal or whatever.

Speaking of skooma:

If you're happy and you know it, clap your feet.

I don't think a former Ordinator would be involved with skooma deals. But I do suppose he might be inclined to **** off after the first time waking up to hammering mindlessly on a stone pillar.

Teofish said:
I can't really think of any reason why he'd go there.
Maybe he's fed up with all the ****ing ash and he's heard about a promised land in the south where ash doesn't fall from the sky constantly?

Now that's more like him. Right, so he gets ****faced, falls asleep in the street, wakes up mindraped and hammering away at the shrine thingy, reaches an empirical conclusion of "fuuuuck this" and boards the next ship headed out of town. I like it. And it gives him an extra incentive to return later.

Ok, so I decided to install Eeskerm again to make some tests with my brand new PC.

I downloaded the HD Textures DLC and installed one of those ENB graphical mods, True something something.

I'm really impressed by how gorgeous this game looks now.

bgS3-.png
xlE7f.png
y5POO.png

EDIT: TWImmed the images

I see you're using that Morrowind style pauldron mod too. Man do I ever love that. Really hope he'll get around to update it for Derpguard and Dorkenborn too soon.

Oh god, the mobile version of that upload site tried to download a bunch of **** and opened several tabs of ads. Pls no.

Twim or Imgur, for our sakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom