EDGE claims Xbox 720 will require an internet connection to run

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting, though I believe that the push for computer gaming is rather a bad thing, the gaming world lives on diversity, not specific platforms. To survive, gaming needs to have multiple platforms, Not everybody would like playing Black ops on a computer. Just like some people would not like playing Total war on a ps3. The second hand games thing will hurt Microsoft severly, Probably 75% of all game sales a year after the Consoles debut, will be second hand game sales. Honestly, Microsoft will lose big bucks if they keep on this path.

I don't think it matters if they lose big bucks or not. They're a multi-billion dollar company, so they lose a couple million, I don't think they care. That's another thing.

They will care when they don't make their expected sales turnout for the 720. If this "no second hand games allowed" thing is true then i'm certain a lot of people will stick to the 360, not every gamer has the ability to buy games brand new (or even want to, i for one will not buy a game unless it is below £10 and has good gameplay).

They'll make their profit, no matter what. Tbh, the only real problem "internet-required consoles" face are not being to sold to the "country-folk" of the US... Most of the US sales are near large cities. It's the same for many European, Asian, Oceanic, and Southern American areas as well. You can look up where gaming is heaviest, and it's around major cities where internet is always available.

Allready posted this on FSE, thought I should post it here as well. (Sry for reviving this old thread)

And it has been confirmed...

- It is now fact that the new Xbox One will require an internet connection once every 24 hours.
- Used games will no longer exist because, you can only play a used game for 1 hour until you have to pay for it.
- Microsoft also said that the Kinect can be turned of, but it will allways listen for "Xbox One on" command -> That is not off ...

And a lot of other bullcrap that should have not been part of this new console, thank god im a pc gamer :razz:

AngryJoe also did a nice little rant about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryB-hdtpQRw

MazZ said:
Well if the search function of these forums would actually work, I would be able to find it :razz:

Took me longer to make this image than to use the search function to find the **** you couldn't find.
ckz9Ul0.png

Havoc said:
MazZ said:
Well if the search function of these forums would actually work, I would be able to find it :razz:

Took me longer to make this image than to use the search function to find the **** you couldn't find.
ckz9Ul0.png

If you search in a particular section on the forums than it might work yes, but not if you search the entire forums.
I had to search the entire forums because I didnt know what section it would be placed in, in the first place.

After I didnt find it, I decided to post it here, sry about that.

Oh yes please lets use pictures to prove facts !
searchfunctionnotworkin.jpg

MazZ said:
Havoc said:
MazZ said:

ckz9Ul0.png

If you search in a particular section on the forums than it might work yes, but not if you search the entire forums.
I had to search the entire forums because I didnt know what section it would be placed in, in the first place.

Actually, that WAS the entire forum, I had 'Check all' selected. So, bleh!

MazZ said:
Havoc said:

Nevermind, useless discussion annyway. The search thing i tried didnt work though.

**** you, it worked. I proved it. Go home. Leave this place.

Havoc said:
MazZ said:
Havoc said:

Nevermind, useless discussion annyway. The search thing i tried didnt work though.

**** you, it worked. I proved it. Go home. Leave this place.
Jup you are right, sry didn't notice until now there are 2 seperate search functions. (one at the top right and one at the menu bar)

But really just because I also chat on FSE and happen to play Napoleonic Wars doesn't give annyone the right to say "go back to FSE".
I had the best intentions of putting that xbox news on the forums, I know it was in the wrong outdated thread, truely sry (allready said sry but ok).

The reactions that were given were childish (from both sides I might add), sry for the inconvenience ...

Flying Squirrel Entertainment.

The company thats responseble for the NW DLC for Warband. They have a forum on their website where the NW community strokes their E-Peen daily.

This inter-community hatred between people who play Native and NW really needs to ****ing stop. It's 100% unnecessary.

With that said, I'm ignoring this topic now..  :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom