Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHIMouttathisplane said:
Well, the D&D cartoon had Dekkion, the Celestial Warrior. A warrior from an ancient order who got turned into an undead aeons ago by an evil wizard, and interestingly - while he magically counted as an "evil undead" he retained his goodness.

skeleton%2Bwarrior.jpg

Have to admit I never watched it... but was he a servant of Kelemvor like this companion sounds? If so he should of killed himself the moment he was turned into an undead since Kelemvor detests undead so much...

Arctic_Howler said:
CHIMouttathisplane said:
Well, the D&D cartoon had Dekkion, the Celestial Warrior. A warrior from an ancient order who got turned into an undead aeons ago by an evil wizard, and interestingly - while he magically counted as an "evil undead" he retained his goodness.

skeleton%2Bwarrior.jpg

Have to admit I never watched it... but was he a servant of Kelemvor like this companion sounds? If so he should of killed himself the moment he was turned into an undead since Kelemvor detests undead so much...
But he is already dead, and would need to commit evil by either suicide or doing something bad for someone to end him?
If he was just looking for someone to kill him, wouldn't that be suicide also? so he would need to do some deeds that would condemn him on more than 1 level.
And if he did suicide, would he not just get brought back to life?
Meanwhile damning his soul.

He would need to continue living his life and using his new knowledge or whatever he gained from being turned into an undead to continue with his goodness or whatever it was he kept before he was turned.

I would assume that he is not a simple undead, since he retained his good, and a necromancer would struggle to enslave him and make him a thrall.

Arctic_Howler said:
CHIMouttathisplane said:

skeleton%2Bwarrior.jpg

The idea is that he WILL kill himself at the end of his mission. Once he's the last undead on the land, and that all knowledge about necromancy has been eradicated, he will purify himself.
Of course I don't think coding that is possible in M&B Warband, sadly.

For ****'s sake. If you're all going to quote the same bloody image over and over again at least bother to spoiler it. Page ends up looking like a frame-by-frame stopmotion film and takes an eternity to load on my ****ty work pc.

The thing is Padubast retained his consciousness when he and his people were turned into mummies, then he realized how wicked the transformation was, heard Kelemvor's calling and commited to him :grin:
Kelemvor then promised redemption for his soul if he went on this holy quest to erradicate the undead.
Ultimately, yes, he would then either crumble into ash or commit suicide once his mission is complete.

guspav said:
The thing is Padubast retained his consciousness when he and his people were turned into mummies, then he realized how wicked the transformation was, heard Kelemvor's calling and commited to him :grin:
Kelemvor then promised redemption for his soul if he went on this holy quest to erradicate the undead.
Ultimately, yes, he would then either crumble into ash or commit suicide once his mission is complete.

Are we going to get any pro-necromancy undead companions then? possibly add in a morale deduction to companions like him if you use necromancy/have undead other than him...

Arctic_Howler said:

When the spell was broken, he just turned back into a normal human.

Arctic_Howler said:
Are we going to get any pro-necromancy undead companions then? possibly add in a morale deduction to companions like him if you use necromancy/have undead other than him...
Hmm i think guspav is just adding a no morale issue button somewhere.

BUT.. i think i would also prefer to have a spell for necro that forced the minions who break your will in battle to be subdued back under your will.
Then after the battle they can leave the army or you can try to suicide them, if it is possible for them to be placed into their own group once the spell is cast, so they don't just rejoin as infantry or archer or cavalry or something, but their own group.
Maybe even give the spell a % chance to work based on necromancy.
Maybe even just a low level buff spell you can cast at the start of the battle which reduces the chance of breaking the will by a %.
Maybe even just combine these 2 spells into 1 spell.

The morale outside of combat when you are roaming, i don't have access to test the current version of the next update, so i can't really make any suggestions about the undead/evil morale system.
Probably just the same as before, recruiting from the undead citadel, i can't remember the name of those units that helped, cultists or something.

awkwarrd said:
Arctic_Howler said:
Hmm i think guspav is just adding a no morale issue button somewhere.

BUT.. i think i would also prefer to have a spell for necro that forced the minions who break your will in battle to be subdued back under your will.
Then after the battle they can leave the army or you can try to suicide them, if it is possible for them to be placed into their own group once the spell is cast, so they don't just rejoin as infantry or archer or cavalry or something, but their own group.
Maybe even give the spell a % chance to work based on necromancy.
Maybe even just a low level buff spell you can cast at the start of the battle which reduces the chance of breaking the will by a %.
Maybe even just combine these 2 spells into 1 spell.

The morale outside of combat when you are roaming, i don't have access to test the current version of the next update, so i can't really make any suggestions about the undead/evil morale system.
Probably just the same as before, recruiting from the undead citadel, i can't remember the name of those units that helped, cultists or something.

Necromancy 10 eliminates the need for such a spell and I was talking about if you had certain companions that hate necromancy like the new undead companion, if he could tie in a way for those companions to get a morale hit or something to encourage using them for an anti-necromancy run only... Dark Mages are the units yer thinking of and tbh I really don't even need them unless I get a bug such as what happened with my current necro save... I have 0 living units minus companions and somehow I'm taking a morale hit for living units as well as dark mage bonus even though companions don't normally count for that... Also I'd rather take a morale hit from stuff, keeps you honest on your playthroughs...

I guess an evil undead companion would make sense too.

Anyway, here is the new main menu screen.
I am still not sure whether I can use it without issue because I got it from a wallpaper site. I already sent the site admins a message to ask for permission, but we'll see.

Looked a wee bit like some of the concept art I remember from ages ago. Never actually played it. Been sitting inert in my steam library since some long bygone sale where I splooged for anything I might play at some point. :razz:

guspav said:
I guess an evil undead companion would make sense too.

Anyway, here is the new main menu screen.
I am still not sure whether I can use it without issue because I got it from a wallpaper site. I already sent the site admins a message to ask for permission, but we'll see.

love it... hope they approve...

Teofish said:
Is that from LOTR War in the North?

yes that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom