Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more progress:

This is the new paladin prayer book. It will no longer be just like the cleric's one, but one with auras
Dispel, spriritual weapon and flame strike are still there for the time being, but things might change soon! :wink:

New clerics will have different new powers and spells. I wanted to make something really radically different to test it out so I made the Kossuth (fire god) cleric something really unique. Here is the current spell book, though I think, bravery, terror, bless and curse will be removed also.
By the way, this cleric's spiritual weapon is a flame blade which will cause a little cutting damage, but will inflict fire damage similar to that of the flame tongue.

Yeah, baby! :grin:
Really looking forward to this, for my money this is shaping up to be the number one fantasy mod. The magic stuff alone was great, but this new update with different gods and all the new units... Wow. Only downside is, I'm working on my thesis. Damn you, education! :wink:

Nice.

Spirit Weapons
Anychance those 'spiritual weapons' could be named after the weapon type?
'Spiritual Blade' - sword.
'Spiritual Claymore' -2 handed sword.
'Spiritual Mace' - mace.
'Spiritual Great Hammer' - 2h hammer.

Or something like that.
Makes it sound more authentic of a spell, and can add more variety to buying spells.
Seems to be too many general names for things, mostly because there is not many other versions of it or alternatives, it's either that or nothing.

Paladin
Could rename the Paladin spell to Judgement or something, and make the fire a brighter white.

Curse
I think 'Curse' is too general.
Is it going to just be 1 curse throughout the next update?
And is the curse always just 'lower the damage or stats of the enemy'?

I could see a Fire Cleric curse something like 'Living Bomb' sets a target on fire and is contagious which can spread, and is permanent until dispelled.

And there can be multiple types of these added to reflect each faction, all with their own special effects, most of it can be copy pasted since alot of spells are already done and can be just copy pasted and tweaked to suit a curse for whatever faction.

Spell Book and Spells.
I think players should be able to buy any and all spells as they see fit, and limit the spell book of the amount of spells to be added, and give different sizes to spell books, from small medium to large.
Then you can place spell vendors around to appropriate factions, this way the magocracy isnt still the ultimate endgame faction.
Put the evil spell types in evil areas, and good spell types in good areas.
This would atleast allow people to have their character feel like it's working for something, especially if they have a negative relation with a faction and won't sell them their factions spells.

~edit~
Hindsight -I should probably have quoted guspavs post and put this post in the suggestions thread.

Arctic_Howler said:
guspav said:
I just finished writing the dialog of Padubast, one of the new companions.

Note that I still need to correct some spelling errors, but the dialog is at least there already!

"zombieman" kinda ruins it for me... Also... an undead on a "Holy" quest to kill undead... makes sense I guess?

Ghostrider ?

Loganltk said:
FIRESTORM???? Could i pleasy-please se that? Please????  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
So far the Fire Storm spell is similar to the flame strike but will affect all surrounding enemies. You'll require a 12 faith score, though.

The new lich king!

Oooooh! Looking forward to beating the ****e out of him.

Think it'd be possible to implement a feature like in Brytenwalda and Nova Aetas that lets you execute captured generals? I'd like to be able to actually wipe out the undead when I play as a holy warrior.

Ninjaedit: ****. Forgot it's not a suggestion thread sorry.

SmurfInHell said:
Question is that a gigantic axe the Lich king is using or?
Nah, no gigantic axes but a freakish bone-armored robe!

I had trouble rigging the green ogre mesh to the human skeleton so I just grabbed (for now) the TLD uruk hais and turned them into ogres... and I think think they are looking quite well, don't you think?

guspav said:
Nah, no giagantic axes but a freakish bone-armored robe!

I had trouble rigging the green ogre mesh to the human skeleton so I just grabbed (for now) the TLD uruk hais and turned them into ogres... and I think think they are looking quite well, don't you think?

I wholeheartedly approve! Well of the ogres. The undead I'm not too keen on :wink: but that's because my goal is to kill him. He looks cool though!

they look pretty smashy indeed. I would really like to have some shots of the cleric weapons, is it possible?  :fruity:

guspav said:
Nah, no giagantic axes but a freakish bone-armored robe!

SmurfInHell said:
I wholeheartedly approve! Well of the ogres. The undead I'm not too keen on :wink: but that's because my goal is to kill him. He looks cool though!
I hope you approve, since you will be fighting them most of the time under the undeads rule >);
Ogers don't have a king, and guess who has unlimited time to continuously befriend the ogers into subjugation.
It's not like the undead are all edible, so not threat from either side.
Why would oger care for undead, enough to want to attack.. maybe bored, but they undead.. it doesn't matter, oger can't just kill off an entire race of undead, nothing can kill off that unless reightous magic ascension or whatever, but then you will till need to go through all them ogers to get to us.. i mean the undead.

I think those that have a limited mortal life, would bring stupidly amazing gifts to recruit the ogers or capture them.

*Suggesting* that capturing and recruiting ogers is 90% costs lowered and success rate increased.
-so if player is transformed into lich.. ogers are far more likely to join the person playing a lich and at for a 90% gold cost reduction if ever they become  recruitable as mercenaries.
- give ogers 2 builds when leveling them up(or ill do it myself), 1 path for tanking, 1 path for killing, with 1 altercation in each path that is the medium fork level up range that you wish to lock them off before they start needing to upgrade completely to elite status and costing extra.

Wish there was more to the orc play-style. I'm an orc fan by heart but their troop trees are quite boring. No specializations in being anti-cavalry or ranged.

So will the ogres make debuts in any of the kingdoms armies?  It would be a cool town recruit for the orcs, like how the mages have the golems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom